Bouncy Surfaces

19 replies [Last post]

Hi! I am trying a bounce surface and it seems not to work. Here is the materials.xml.xsl

<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="1.0">
<xsl:output encoding="UTF-8"/>
<!-- Select all nodes -->
<xsl:template match="node()|@*">
<xsl:copy>
<xsl:apply-templates select="node()|@*"/>
</xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="/materials[1]/material[20]">
<material id="ngbounce" friction="0.3" bounce="20" minbouncevel="100" stickiness="0"/>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Please help!

Because writing signatures is too mainstream

You can take a view at my addin The Other Side of the Planet. There is a bouncy material in it. Wink
(by the way, WooGLE can generate the material xsl for you)

Mygod wrote:

Huh? how?
EDIT
It says the same i tried it and it did nto work. here is my scene.xml now:
<!-- Created by WooGLE v0.78 RC3 -->
<scene backgroundcolor="0,0,0" maxx="500" maxy="1000" minx="-500" miny="0">
	<line anchor="500,300" id="right" normal="-1,0" tag="detaching" />
<line anchor="-500,300" id="left" normal="1,0" tag="detaching" />
<line anchor="0,20" id="ground" normal="0,1" />
<SceneLayer alpha="1" animdelay="0" animloop="false" depth="0" image="IMAGE_SCENE_BOUNCYBALL_SKYTILE" rotation="0" scalex="3.933" scaley="3.99" tilex="false" tiley="false" x="5.48" y="496.23" />
<rectangle height="1009.7" id="geometry1" rotation="0.0" static="true" tag="ngbounce" width="104.53" x="-524.84" y="501.21" />
<rectangle height="1187.06" id="geometry2" rotation="1.57079632679" static="true" tag="ngbounce" width="83.46" x="23.67" y="-6.07" />
<rectangle height="1009.7" id="geometry3" rotation="0.0" static="true" tag="ngbounce" width="104.53" x="498.024465601" y="538.011831452" />
<rectangle height="1187.06" id="geometry4" rotation="1.57079632679" static="true" tag="ngbounce" width="83.46" x="3.63521507738" y="999.684146278" />
<linearforcefield antigrav="false" center="43.974375936,466.128384922" dampeningfactor="0" force="0,-10" type="gravity" water="false" />
</scene>

Just edit the material.xml.bin file and use the material in the WooGLE. WooGLE will generate XSL automatically while generating goomod.

You mean modify the game itself? Like the game i am editting?

nothinggoo wrote:
You mean modify the game itself? Like the game i am editting?
Yes. Edit the material.xml.bin in the game you are editing.

The minbouncevel of your material (ngbounce) is very high. Try a smaller value (about 0-1).

edit:
I think minbouncevel means minimum bounce velocity. If it's 100 anything needs a velocity of 100 to bounce off.

Yes. minbouncevel means minimum bounce velocity. Some of the materials use 102 as its value. Maybe it means it will never bounce. Try using 0 as its value.

Is this better:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
  <xsl:output encoding="UTF-8"/>
  <!--Select all nodes-->
  <xsl:template match="node()|@*">
  <xsl:template match="/materials[1]/material[20]">
    <material id="ngbounce" friction="0.0" bounce="5" minbouncevel="1.0" stickiness="0"/>
</xsl:stylesheet>

?

Maybe you can try to replace /materials[1]/material[20] with /materials/text()[1]. I think this will be better. Tongue

OK....Then if it does not work i start over.

Nothing happens. The walls still behave as things with the "wall" tag. Besides, if i edit the game's materials.xml.bin it does not show up on the editor.

Mygod wrote:
You can take a view at my addin The Other Side of the Planet. There is a bouncy material in it. Wink

To be honest everyone could make bouncy material. If you want a challenge make a perfect escalator of geometries so the goo balls could stand on it and it's rotating - I have an idea of how to make it but I'm challenging you - If you do take a video, upload it on youtube and show it here.

Ummm...wiki...right now i have a problem and we are trying to fix it. As you can see not everyone can make a bouncy material. besides it does not work for me!!!

nothinggoo is right, wiki. Please don't criticize people who are having a genuine problem. Unless you have a suggestion, don't post.

URGH!!!! I even modified the original materials!!!! MY GAME DOES NOT SEEM TO LIKE IT! MOM4EVR! CAN YOU PLEASE DOWLOAD THE MOD IN THE "ERRORS" UNPUBLISHED LEVEL? http://goofans.com/download/level/errors

Ok, I uploaded a fixed version of the addin on that page you just linked.

Here's the final XML, autogenerated by WooGLE:

<!-- Created by WooGLE v0.78 RC3 -->
<xsl:transform version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
  <!-- Copy everything not matched by another rule -->
  <xsl:template match="* | comment()">
      <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
      <xsl:apply-templates/>

<!-- Append -->
  <xsl:template match="/materials">
      <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
      <xsl:apply-templates/>
      <material bounce="5" friction="10" id="ngbounce" minbouncevel="1.0" stickiness="0" />

</xsl:transform>

I think there were a couple problems. First off, you had tag=ngbounce for the geometry in that level, which I'm surprised doesn't crash the game in the first place. What you want is material=ngbounce instead.

Second, I don't think the Mac version of WooGLE is caught up enough to be able to autogenerate your XSL for you. We really need someone with Python knowledge to compile the latest source. Hopefully after this upcoming semester, I'll at least have enough understanding of Python to do that.

Third, the material is so bouncy, the Goo Balls fly out of the level within seconds, even when I changed all the rectangles to lines. So you'll definitely want to tweak the material properties there in order to get it to work more like how you want it. But at least now you have something working to build off of. Just edit the XSL in that goomod to toy with the material's values.

Cheers,
MOM

Thanks! Well, i am using the windows version on Mac, but still...Guess you are right.

I downloaded your version and it worked. Also, i made modifications in the original version and it worked. It was all the tag/material mistake. Oh and Mom4EVR, it was juts a test. A prototype for the Flying Gardens Chapter Pack.

Tank you everyone who helped!

EDIT
How about u change the bounce to 1.1 and upload as sample?

Ah, ok. I thought you were using the Mac version of the editor. My mistake.

Good idea with the sample. Let me do that...

Make me a co-author then please...