Goofans is in the edge of the far corner

31 replies [Last post]

elimination suggestion waiting to be accepted...

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO

Goofans has been here for a very long time, and I'm here from the begging. Goofans always gets low traffic on summer. People are just too busy with holidays and preparations for new school/collage year.

Don't worry Wink

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Maybe G0o-gle is just expecting more posts than everyone else is?

Personally, I agree with Pavke. I don't think goofans is slowing down, or boring, or anything of the sort. I'm getting too many publish requests for that (And for everyone's information, I'm ignoring all of them for now, since I'm at home with limited-bandwidth internet and would use too much bandwidth downloading them to test them out. Sorry). Just because there aren't hundreds of people posting all the time doesn't mean that the site or the game are becoming less popular, it just means that people are doing other stuff with their time than mindlessly posting. Most forums, if they're dying, have very few posts at all. This is usually because there's nothing new to be posted about, such as no new mods or addins and that sort of thing. I think that WooGLE alone has sealed that deal so we'll have lots of new addins for a long time, which is great. I personally am disappointed with all these forum posts that people have been posting lately saying that these forums are dying. Get a life. I've seen dead forums before. This is not one of them. If there's more than one post per two days, the forum isn't dead. I've personally seen 10+ posts per day, which considering how many people are active on these forums, is significant. And I'll be honest; I don't care if these forums die or not. The point really isn't the forum itself, but the awesome, creative people on the forums. The people who you save the email of and add to your Skype contact list so you can keep the bonds of friendship that you built during the times in each forum. That's what really counts. And to be honest, that's what really holds forums together. If you don't believe me, look at www.pckf.com . That is a forum where people make mods and talk about a game that's over twenty years old! In fact, I don't post on there much, since they're all so close friends with each other that I almost feel left out. Personally, I've been playing Cave Story, Aquaria, VVVVVV, and other indie games recently more so than I've been playing World of Goo, and this is quite fine and natural. It's not that I'm starting to get tired of World of Goo, or that it's losing a place in my heart or anything, but quite frankly, I've played the game for days solid if you count all the play time on all the different computers I've used, and I've seen about all there is to see in the game. It's still new and fresh and all that, but that doesn't mean that any other game isn't new or fresh. I'm starting to become a better gamer in general, and I'm branching out into other games than I would be otherwise. And that's perfectly fine and normal. I will admit that I've been underimpressed with the creativity some addin developers have been showing recently, and I have let it show, and probably have discouraged them in the process. For this I apologize. I'll try to be more open with the levels that I publish in the future, as the addin developers of this year are younger and less experienced than the ones from last year. I just got used to awesome as opposed to mediocre addins. In any case, if someone else posts a comment or topic about the forum being dead in the future, I'll delete it without a comment, because all that is is discouraging.

/rant

You should put some paragraphs, that big block of text is hurting my eyes! Smile

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Maybe you dont catch what I was trying to say:
The goofans activity has been stopped in my track one moment and i thought:
"Maybe...There is something that we never attempt to do in wog"
That´s all,maybe I said it with the bad words...Anyway, also it became another question:Are we pure men in this forum??Only for fact curiosity .

Hey You!

@Pavke: Ah, yeah, sorry. It wouldn't be as spectacular of a rant with paragraph breaks, though. Tongue

And anyway, @G0o-gle: Don't change the first post of a topic to something entirely different when other people have posted responses to it. It just confuses people.
And I believe that I'm a pure man. I would imagine that no cell in my body has two X chromosomes. But if I'm mistaken, please correct me. Tongue

/genetics

MOM4Evr wrote:
/genetics

win.

And yea, these forums are far from dead. For as long as fans of World of Goo still wish to download levels/mods, the legacy will continue! *cries*

/heartwarming-speech

By the way, exactly how many mods are there on the site at this moment?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

G0o-gle, people have other stuff to do than mod WoG. Some people are still at school, me included, so we have to study and organize our lives too. Other people are adults, but still need to work, and organize their lives even more than me.
What's more, this isn't a very popular community. (That's not to say it's not good, there just aren't as many members as other communities.)

There might not be a lot of stuff going on right now (one of the reasons being my absence and business), but every now and again there will surely be a nice pile of new mods, and one may be one of those unique, untried mods you're looking for.

puggsoy wrote:
There might not be a lot of stuff going on right now (one of the reasons being my absence and business)

BACKDOOR BRAGGING! Wink

Anyway, mods are coming in by the boatload! 4 got published last night alone! (of course, 2 were myGod's utilities)

We have a backlogged queue containing about 30 or so; be expecting a lot more, too. Wink

That's what I'm saying: there are more mods than meet the eye.

@Red: Wink

@Albino pokey: Check the "Goofans Team" link in the "Goofans" bar. Smile

I mean goomod files, not moderators.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

@James You just assumed he meant moderators? Lol. Cuz this site firsthand isn't a forum, but a mod-hosting site.

I'm used to being refered to as a "Mod" as short for moderator, so yeah, I assumed. Is there a problem with that? Tongue

But yeah... number of goomods... *scratches head*

OVER 9000!

Well, there are definitely over 9000 users now. Number 9001 is "Colleen Coleman".

I'm going to go count all the addins...be right back...

EDIT: 463 Levels
EDIT2: 50 WoGC Ball Styles
EDIT3: 59 Other Styles
EDIT4: 25 Themes
EDIT5: 13 Utilities
EDIT6: 14 Samples
EDIT7: 21 Other Addins

Plus 1 GooTool gives us...646 Addins!

Note: This is only the number of addins (eg, Another Planet or Towersome Mod), not the number of individual GooMods within each addin.

That's a lot. Ehhhh, we can do better. Wink

Not even one thousand!

Exactly. After all this time you'd expect more.

Albino Pokey wrote:
Well, there are definitely over 9000 users now. Number 9001 is "Colleen Coleman".

I'm going to go count all the addins...be right back...

"It´s over nine thousand" is a youtube meme, if you didn´t understand

Hey You!

I know about the meme, don't worry.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................... *starts drooling*

OldMemeOldMemeOldMemeOldMemeOldMeme...

RedTheGreen wrote:
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................... *starts drooling*

OldMemeOldMemeOldMemeOldMemeOldMeme...

your commentaries suffer of a agresive accent. anyway I was only thinking that albino didn´t know that. also is not important, a meme is always brainless, so i don´t car really!

Hey You!

Um. I guess it wasn't as obvious to you as it was to me that he knew what it was. I mean, in the same sense, it's not like I know what sarcasm is or anything! :totallyinnocent:

I never actually got that meme until I saw that video just now. I mean, obviously I understood what it meant, but I never got why it was so funny.

Now I do Big smile

Yeah. Some memes are just lame, but Over Nine Thousand is still funny.

1234qwerasdfzxcv wrote:
but Over Nine Thousand is still funny.

And old.

But I even admit, these new memes are so *****y that over 9000 is something we might actually start using again.

-Anon

REALLY OLD MEME TIEM!
<g>

So basically, what you guys are saying is that this meme is over 9000 years old?

No, I'm personally saying that <g> is a really old meme. Back from the CompuServe days (Which, coincidentally, went down in April last year, I think).