Changing age limit by being registered on goofans

40 replies [Last post]

I'll explain later, but PLEASE follow those links before I do. Tongue

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

the goverment wants to protect our copywright rights, and other countries are disobeying them. problem is, the US can't do anything outside of america, so they ban any thing that has to do with them, including search engines, advertisements, and others. its for a good cause, but the effects would be mountainous.

-_-

Wiki, it's called a link.

Try quoting him or me and see what the HTML tag is before you save it.

Basically, here is the problem:

SOPA, PIPA, and ACTA is basically a bunch of laws that give America the right to kill off everything copyable/modifiable.

But where does that that leave the internet? Gone. Shock

Websites are modifiable. Sad
Wikis, Forums, and blogs are modifiable. Crying
Youtube and Wikipedia is modifiable Crying
The internet is modifiable. Crying

If they someday get through, the internet is doomed Tired

I HAVE RETURNED!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAH!!!!!

Formerly,
GooMaster2000

You guys should really learn about this neat tool I use called Google.

PIPA would give the US government the right to request browsing and cookie history from internet providers, to help track down hackers and pirates. People hated the idea of the government learning what they use the internet for (a bit kinky if you ask me) so they opposed this with mass protests both digital and not, and this never passed. (US-only)

SOPA would give the US government the right to take down certain websites and search results (as long as they're in the US) if they can be considered to disobey the law. Many of the protests for PIPA also protested SOPA, and this never passed. (US-only)

ACTA is a trade agreement between the European Union and North America. This agreement allows for most of the checks done with both SOPA and PIPA but with international control. The countries of interest that signed the agreement in 2011 are: Australia, Canada, Japan, Morocco, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea and the United States; there is still some voting going on regarding the full terms of the agreement but overall it's basically set. This won't go into effect until later this year. This is the "last resort" of the US government, being a plan to get the European Union involved to help control the internet on a global scale since more than 80% of the internet is based in North America and Europe. Here is a full map of countries associated with the agreement and their terms. (some links and information found on Wikipedia, which also participated in the nationwide protest)

As Red said, you can quote my post and see what HTML I used. I do that a lot on
forums when people post stuff I don't know how to post.

Alternatively, you can see if this helps.

Noo! Why did Australia sign it! WHY?!?!??!!?!??!?

Formerly,
GooMaster2000

France whyyyyyyyy!

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

I would say "USA WHYYYYYY" but that's kind of rhetorical.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Yea Tongue

Formerly,
GooMaster2000