Changing age limit by being registered on goofans

40 replies [Last post]

Enter this forum if you are 12 or over.

MOM, Davidc, AP, Puggsoy and others... As there were some problems with some people I had no choice but just to make this forum... Some users being really disgraceful that I think there should be age limit of registering on this web site. I would be pleased cause there is no other way of making other users to be calm cause it's their parents who are taking responsibility of teaching how they behave. If you don't agree then we can just do one thing - ignore their rude posts like they never being there. I dunno how it changed but for some reason the goofans first was calm when I first entered the goofans and then it changed somehow but how... I think cause two ears passed.

You can start new topics here either as so nobody's interrupting us by just like:

[New topic's name

Thankyou.

That's a really unfair age restriction. A lot of under 12s play World Of Goo, and this is the only forum that's 100% based on it, since the 2DBoy forums are down. Some may not be experienced in forum etiquette, but that's no reason to have such an age restriction. A lot of them will just sign up for the leaderboards, too, and not even come on the forums. Most will probably just fake their age anyway.

Anyway, we can't do this, only DavidC can. So he'll have to decide.

Oh yeah, and... moved.

HOW DARE YOU DO THIS WIKI
HOW DARE YOU
YOU...

I don't think an age limit is fair, though if we were to set an age limit, I would set it to 14. How does that make you feel Wiki? See, one can be young yet mature and excluding users that are difficult to handle *coughgooeygoocough* is the easy way out. Plus, anyone can fake their age.

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

even if this would exist
I would need to wait a year only
and wiki is annoyed with gooeygoo and he is trying to get rid of him

Yeah, we all got that. Not cool Wiki, not cool...

Plus, Wiki, you yourself admitted that you faked your age to get a GMail account. It requires you to be 13.

Why would this filter work any better? And Google's cookie-based age-remembering system probably wouldn't work with Drupal.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

And besides, this forum is G-rated. There's almost no point in having that requirement.

i don't think there should be any restictions, but that they need to follow the internet code of honor:
don't be a jerk.
that is the only rule required.

-_-

but still, you could lie about your age.
Like me in youtube

We've all done it, but since the internet is a place of freedom, who cares?

I agree, LET THERE BE FREEDOM!!!

I HAVE RETURNED!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAH!!!!!

Formerly,
GooMaster2000

Remember ACTA? Sad

guys look what I found in the webchat
[DaftasBrush disconnected]

AP: I'm not an idiot to fake my age for hundred years I just faked 1 month cause I couldn't handle it. By the I think you guys have right and this is bad idea.

momo1526 wrote:
We've all done it, but since the internet is a place of freedom, who cares?

Yeah, I did it for Runescape when I was 11/12. But it's only when you're old enough when you realise why the restriction exists Tongue

Why does it exist? And ACTA? I've heard about SOPA and PIPA but not ACTA... *starts researching*

ACTA is the only one of the three that passed. It's also international.

I know that now, I can't believe this!

The US Be a hatin' Tongue

I HAVE RETURNED!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAH!!!!!

Formerly,
GooMaster2000

Aaaaah, I just might hack the government's computer to delete every single copy of ACTA, that is, if I had the skills, which I don't...
Wait, look out, stay on topic, MOM4Evr is on a lock streak Tongue

momo1526 wrote:
Why does it exist? And ACTA? I've heard about SOPA and PIPA but not ACTA... *starts researching*

What's ACTA, SOPA and PIPA? Now listen - before you write a word composition like these ones please write in brackets what they represent so everyone can understand.

One suggestion that you could do is use Google to find out about them. But then again, I could just do it for you...

ACTA
SOPA
PIPA

Wiki doesn't have much initiative does he...

Right, you guys don't know as you don't live in the greatest country on Earth. (just kidding, not having THAT debate Tongue) SOPA and PIPA ended up failing because of the criticism and marches and debates and arguments and all the people involved who love the internet the way it is without any censorship.

in yo face SOPA! Tongue
even google and wikipedia went against it.

-_-

Exactly, but the government pulled a fast one with ACTA as a last resort.

I hate them, I hate them SO MUCH!

They're doing it in a good cause. It's just that not everybody agrees that it's the best course of action, that's all.

puggsoy wrote:
They're doing it in a good cause.

Well, that's debatable, too. Tongue

puggsoy wrote:
One suggestion that you could do is use Google to find out about them. But then again, I could just do it for you...

ACTA
SOPA
PIPA

How did you make that they are linking by themselves? And anyway I still dunno what they are and what they are used for. I'll check later but PLZ explain before...