Transfer WOG iPad to computer?

16 replies [Last post]

Is there a way to get WOG for free on my computer, having already bought the iPad version? Also, what does WooGLe stand for?

Moo

WooGLE = WOrld Of Goo Level Editor

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

No, sorry, I don't think you can get World of Goo for free from anywhere, unless you go to an illegal virus-filled site and get it. I'd recommend just forking out the 20 bucks and supporting some awesome indie developers.

I'm not sure if you got it MOM4Evr, but what I think Fizzy Bob and his newt are trying to say is that they want to know if it's possible to transfer World Of Goo from the iPad to the PC.

I don't think it would be possible, because the programming would be pretty different, since it's made for a different platform. Either way, the WorldOfGoo file wouldn't be .exe, .app or anything, since it's for iPad. iPad games are way differently made than PC games.

Therefore, I suggest doing what MOM4Evr said.

I suppose you could take all the iPad files, copy them, change the encryption, and overwrite the PC demo, but it wouldn't really be worth it.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Ah, my bad, I thought you meant torrenting it from someplace or something. Tongue
I should read more carefully next time...
And I have no clue how the iPad version is set up... if it uses the Mac versions of resources and stuff or if it's like the PC version more, so take the following with a grain of salt:

What you could try doing (if you know how) is block copying all the files from your iPad to your computer, and installing the demo for your comp's platform, and copying all the iPad files into the same folder as the demo (overriding the existing files there), and see if it works. I have no idea if it would or not, though. I know this is a good way to transfer World of Goo from PC to Linux, but I have no idea if an iPad-comp transfer would work. Might be worth a shot.

EDIT: Just realized that that's what AP just said. But you may/may not have to decrypt/reencrypt everything, depending on how the iPad version is set up, and depending on if your home computer is a PC or Mac.

iPad might be unencrypted, or it might use Mac. I could make a batch to do that, after I upload the new badges.

Those suggestions might work. Only one thing: wouldn't the tutorial sign in "going up" be from the iPad version, where it shows a hand?

Not a big deal really, but if there are similar things that affect gameplay, it could be a problem.

Unless you had one of those Touch computers? Tongue Not so sure if you can port a copy of World of goo to PC or Mac from an iPad.

Thanks everyone, I can't believe how quickly you people responded. But I don't mean copy the actual game to the computer, just maybe if I could prove I'd bought the game for one platform then I could download it for free on another.

I guess the title was misleading...

Moo

Hmm, I don't think that's possible. From what I know of game marketing, you need to buy each version of a game for each platform.

Sorry!

Ha and yeah, MOM4Evr, those sites only have viruses if you let them. Tongue

I suggest you write an e-mail to 2D boy or something, at worst you just get it for a few bucks, believe me, its worth it, especially with all the awsome extra levels on this site (including mine Tongue).

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

puggsoy wrote:
I'm not sure if you got it MOM4Evr, but what I think Fizzy Bob and his newt are trying to say is that they want to know if it's possible to transfer World Of Goo from the iPad to the PC.

I don't think it would be possible, because the programming would be pretty different, since it's made for a different platform. Either way, the WorldOfGoo file wouldn't be .exe, .app or anything, since it's for iPad. iPad games are way differently made than PC games.

Therefore, I suggest doing what MOM4Evr said.

Yes, they are different. I looked in my iTunes data folder on the computer, and the iPad apps are .ipa files... perhaps a variation of .app? I don't know, I use Windows.

[SXQDJ] Cydushqvj, Fehjqb 2, Juhhqhyq.... Cydushqvj, Fehjqb 2, Juhhqhyq... Cydushqvj, Fehjqb 2, Juhhqhyq... Cydushqvj, Fehjqb 2, Juhhqhyq...

Use this website to decrypt that. A Caesar Cipher with Key 12+

Um, no. The ipa files are just renamed zips, inside is the .app folder which contains the data. You could use the demo exe and the files from the iPad but that's a little sneaky...

I think you can transfer iPad to your computer but it will be difficult.

Of course the core of the game is compiled differently but, as above mentioned, you can use demo version of the game and copy the remaining level files from iPad (you have to have jailbreak and OpenSSH installed)

The level files on iPad are not encrypted so you will have to go through them manually and encrypt them to PC/MAC with GooTool...

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Yeah, you might aswell buy the game!