DRM on discs?

8 replies [Last post]

I read in the FAQ that some disc versions of World of Goo contain DRM Shock

Is this true? Where can I buy one that doesn't have any DRM?

Thanks!

all world of goo files in all platforms are the same, Only in the ipod version some new feautures are protected.

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO

There is DRM on the discs. Go to http://worldofgoo.com/ to get it DRM-free.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Oh Sad Which kind?

You can get the game for any platform from the site.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Sorry, I wasn't clear with my last questions - which kind of DRM do the discs have?

According to this list, CD copies World Of Goo uses StarForce software. In the list it says "Russian" in the comment column, although I would assume that all versions with DRM also use StarForce.

Hmm, I've never personally seen any copy of World of Goo with DRM. Never heard of such.
But anyhow, the box copy of World of Goo that I got was from Brighter Minds Media, and no DRM there.

But yes, you can also get it directly from 2DBoy's site, and that's DRM-free.

Hmm, I'm pretty sure World of Goo has never had DRM in any version, well not for computers anyway. I heard Alec Holowka state he and everyone else (2DBOY included) who participated in the Humble Indie Bundle never used DRM because of known issues from other games with DRM.

I also got my boxed copy from Brighter Minds Media, and there's no DRM to be found.