level editor

31 replies [Last post]

Im a mac user and I got everything I need for the level editor, but when I open it, It closes Crying .
could someone help me QUICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S.could someone help me get a picture for my account Smile ?

I made goomods.

What kind of error do you get? Anything? Try running from the console. Any output? Version of Mac? Where'd you get World of Goo from?

As for account photo, if you don't like the 2D Boy, find some photo you like.

Yeah, for an image you can just look for one anywhere. Google Images is a good start.

Or is there a Goo Ball you like? You could go to the World of Goo Wiki or the Balls Reference Guide and get a pic from there.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

just so you know guys, I found a picture thats good, now about the editor, I have the patch and python, and it will still close.
do you know what to do?

and P.S. for albino pokey,
what is the world of goo wiki?

I made goomods.

I think it's at worldofgoo.wikia.com .

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

could we please talk about the editor?

I made goomods.

Did you try running the editor from the commandline like I suggested?

what commandline!?

I made goomods.

*facepalm*

Honestly, using a UNIX-based OS with no idea what a command line is...

OK, I have absolutely no idea what it's called in Mac, but your computer will have some kind of program someplace called "Terminal", "Console", "bash", "Command Prompt", or something similar. Then, use the terminal to navigate to the folder where you have the source downloaded. Common terminal commands: http://mally.stanford.edu/~sr/computing/basic-unix.html

You can get around mostly just by using "cd" and "ls". Don't worry too much about anything else. Also, if you start typing in the name for a folder, Tab will autocomplete for you so you don't have to type so much.

So, if you downloaded the source code to /filesystem/home/yourname/Downloads/ (I have no idea what standard Mac file structure is), you'll want to type "cd /filesystem/home/yourname/Downloads/". Once you're in the same folder as the (unzipped, of course) source code, you'll want to type "./make-wooble-mac.sh" (I'm assuming that's why that file's there). If the file doesn't have the right permissions set, make it executable (Once again, my Mac knowledge is severely limited) and try again. Fix (or post, if you don't know how) any errors you see. Good luck.

Terminal.

It's in your Applications folder, probably in a subdirectory called System or Tools or Dev or something.

On Macs, opening terminal starts in you home directory. "cd Desktop". That's where the file will be, if you're using Safari.

To make it executable, chmod o+rx filename. Just like Unix.

!?

I made goomods.

if you don't understand what they are saying, read it carefully. and don't kill the exclamation point.

-_-

I did, and there's a bajillion words

I made goomods.

Run it from the command-line. Basically, search in Finder for an application called Terminal. The text there should say it's centered in your Home folder, right? Just type "cd Applications" then "cd WooGle" or whatever the folders are actually called. Then type the name for the executable for WooGle.

If you don't know what we're talking about or how to do that, then shut up. I said Mac builds were complicated, and I did mean it.

Don't get too impatient. He just wants help getting his game to work.

Sorry. Tongue

Wow, six topics of the first page in the tracker are his! Is that a record or something? Wait, no, there was a spammer 2 days ago that felt the need to count to ten using forum topics. Tongue

Anyway, a few of these are duplicates, like "chat" and "editors."

you know what,I think that there should be a goofans 2

and I don't want to shut up ever again

IS THAT CLEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made goomods.

Sure, that's fine.

By the way, please don't double-post. I'm a little fussy that way; I like deleting double-posts. Wink

"GooFans 2" ?

Wait, what?

What? Wait...

goofans 2, a better version, like wogfan.

I made goomods.

this website has only been here for 3 years. If you want to make goofans 2, be my guest. It is expensive to run a site though, and most of us probably won't give up using this site.

-_-

What's the point of making a new site? This one is fine. Explain why you want a new one.

i won't change. i don't think you will be able to make one, as you are in the fourth grade. try learning a little bit of programming first, then try. but i wont change to a different site.

I used to be a newbie too. remember when i wanted everybody's name? i was so young back then...

-_-

Programming isn't really associated as much with web design as anything else. These days, you can use powerful editors with sleek GUIs for websites.

thank you for your help.

I made goomods.

You mean WYSIWYG editors? Bah. Write your own HTML and CSS. Wink