upload profile

17 replies [Last post]

It's not letting me upload my profile because it says it is unable to decode my profle and Iv'e played more than one level. what should I do?

today is a goo-d day | billy2000's levels http://goofans.com/user/10648 | This account is no longer in use.

Known issue, problem with the Python-ish things of GooTool. It's been reported a million times, I think davidc's still trying to get it fixed.

Although, last I checked, I remember being able to upload mine... lemme check.

EDIT: Sorry, backing up profiles works. Publishing is also stuffed up for me.

but how come other people have uploaded their profile?

today is a goo-d day | billy2000's levels http://goofans.com/user/10648 | This account is no longer in use.

That was before the error.

how did the error come?

Python was updated.

Either that or GLaDOS's new spambot got into the Python server.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Actually, the OS David used to host the server was changed (by him) and the version of PythonXML that he used didn't match the one for that OS. This was several months ago.

I wonder what is wrong now. Profile deserialization? There's no reason to use XML to deserialize the profile.

No, the data that GooTool sends to the server about the profile is via XML.

RedTheGreen wrote:
No, the data that GooTool sends to the server about the profile is via XML.

Why not send the profile directly? That might be smaller and faster to process. And that will fix the bug. But I think maybe programming with XML & Java is easier. Is it the reason?

Depends. Could be compressed XML that it sends. Dunno. XML is easier to work with, especially for websites, so that may be it also.

Of course. Raw data being sent? Pssht! We need XML! No, seriously though, XML is great for organizing data. The server can read the data very easily and show it on the site, but unfortunately the current OS running the server isn't compatible with the XML-parser David was using before. He is still looking for a new one, I think.

Is it that difficult to find a new one? Or is it just that he's not getting round to it?

At this point it might be easier for him to write one himself.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Which he isn't going to do.

Looking for an XML Engine or writing a new one would take almost 4 months? I can't wait any more. Sad

I dunno what alternative there is to waiting.

But yeah, I think it's about time this is fixed. If he isn't busy with anything else, then there's no good reason not to fix this.

I checked his facebook. He's still settling into his new apartment. Tongue