Install Custom Music

31 replies [Last post]

I have a mac and I can't figure out how to put my own music into the levels i'm making. I'm new at this
-Fred The Goo
Signing Off

It's really simple. All you need to do is convert whatever file format your music is in (say mp3) to .ogg format. Then put it in the music folder in your world of goo directory and in the level editor import it.

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

I've tried to do the same only oppesite but then the music crashes, Goo balls of fire. I did it cause I needed music for PoG but it didn't work so I needed to ask Goosweek to rename .ogg (VLC media player) to mp3 (Windows media player).

Um, Wiki, you can't just rename the file. Would putting a new lebel on a book written in Chinese translate it into English?

I'd recommend Audacity for the conversions.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Pad on? I don't understand a word you say as you are trying to talk smart. But what do I do to change the id for the music/sound as not renaming it?

What I was saying was: if you take a book written in Chinese, then you cross out the word "Chinese" on the book and write "English", can you now read it? No. You need someone to actually translate it. The cover doesn't change the contents. Get Audacity. Open your OGG file with it. Export as MP3. Done.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I changed it and what then? The identification is WAV not mp3.

First, download Audacity. If you're gonna convert to MP3 you'll need to download and install the LAME MP3 Encoder as well. (If you don't know how to do this do a Google search, please do not ask here!)

MP3 to OGG

Open your MP3 file in Audacity. Go to File -> Export As Ogg Vorbis. Choose where to save the file and save it. Done.

OGG to MP3

Open your OGG file in Audacity. Go to File -> Export As MP3. Choose where to save the file and save it. Done.

When I click on your "LAME MP3 Encorder" letter section it opens an error on the browser - please type the right link and check again. I know about the lame and all that stuff but I can't find it and if you puggsoy can't show me the right link then it will take ages for me to find it.

And puggsoy this IS a place to ask if you cannot find on google cause many people are looking for sort of things and usually they find only spams.

It is the right link, it just seems that SourceForge is having some server issues at the moment. Give it a day or two.

Wikigoo-4evr wrote:
And puggsoy this IS a place to ask if you cannot find on google cause many people are looking for sort of things and usually they find only spams.

The problem is that you can find it on Google. I'm just saying it so that we don't have to explain stuff that's already been repeated a million times on the web.

Now that's more like it but I'm not gona but it! It says it's only 3.99 - what?

By the way it definitely should be .dll file cause audacity doesn't accept it in that case. Give me a right link so it works.

I found LAME but I need the latest version cause audacity doesn't accept it either.

No, no, no... it says that the latest LAME release is version 3.99, not that it costs $3.99. Take the time to read the page properly.

Look, I'll make it easy, here's a direct download link.

I downloaded the same 3.99.4 version but for a reason audacity says that it's not the latest version and doesn't accept it!

FJGHCHNBCBNVCVXFBGG#%Y$^ is what my mind is saying. You've got me off track.

Ah, sorry. What format do you have the music in at the moment? MP3?

I know the Mac version of the editor is stuck at an old version, so I think a lot of the functionality from later isn't there (like, maybe the import resources button isn't in the Mac version). Do you have a button up top in the editor called "Set Music"? It should look like a big speaker. If not, then I'll try to install the version that Mac is stuck at and see if I remember how to do it the old way...

You right-click the resource tree and type in the path, then right-click the level tree and "Add Child Music".

MOM, I got the latest version of audacity and I dunno what for child things are you talking about, AP cause I haven't gone so far and by the way I'm not sure if you can add LAME for the latest version so you better give me some older version link please.

Wiki, I was talking to Fred The Goo.

So was I.

Which Audacity version do you have? You want 1.3 Beta Unicode.

when I open up my audacity, it just shows a jumble of !@#$%^&^#@#$%^&^%$#@$%^&%$#@#$%^.

It must be a glitch or something... are you sure it installed right?

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

MOM4evr wrote:
Wiki, I was talking to Fred The Goo.

Sorry but better if we put like this (Just as Puggsoy does):

Wiki-goo: ...

Fred the goo: ...

By the way the LAME does not fits with my audacity version. I need some older audacity version so I can do this. Please give me a like cuz I can't find by my self.

@Fred The Goo & Wiki-goo: As AP said, you should use 1.3 Beta, the latest version. If that doesn't work, see if 1.2 works. You can find them both here.

By the way Wiki-goo, what do you mean "LAME doesn't fit"? Tell the steps you take to install it, and what you try to do with Audacity.

Y'know what, download the .exe for Windows here. Here's a tutorial on how to install it if you need it.

Sorry about the incorrect links earlier. I think that may have been for the source code that you can't use Puzzled In any case this one looks better.

Wikigoo-4evr wrote:
Sorry but better if we put like this (Just as Puggsoy does):

Wiki-goo: ...

Fred the goo: ...

Well, Fred is the OP, he was several posts past you, and there was nothing to show he was talking to you. Tongue

lets ask a goofans level creator of a level with custom music in it and ask him how he made the level

Lots of people have done it before. It's exactly as Gooballs Of Fire said:

Gooballs Of Fire wrote:
It's really simple. All you need to do is convert whatever file format your music is in (say mp3) to .ogg format. Then put it in the music folder in your world of goo directory and in the level editor import it.

You can convert it by opening your MP3 file in Audacity and choosing File -> Export... and choosing "Ogg Vorbis Files" as the save type.

Sorry for all this confusion, by the way. What we've been talking about is OGG to MP3, which is a bit more complicated.

If you send me your mp3, I'll convert it for you.

My email: nick @ redthegreen . com

Be sure that it's not copyrighted, though. Copyrighted music can't be hosted on this site without permission from the copyright holder.

If you're looking for music or sounds, I'd reccomend Newgrounds, Freesound, or MUSOpen.

Freesound is amazing. Newgrounds is probably better for music, though.