Little Inferno Gameplay Screenshots

50 replies [Last post]

Here is what I managed to get from this guy who review Nintendo Power #283 on youtube:
http://imageshack.us/g/1/9785650/
Here is the video itself:

(Little Inferno is at about 8:50)
Unfortunately, I was unable to find a decent scan of that issue on the interwebs.

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

Looks awesome! Laughing out loud Thanks for sharing.

cool, thanks Momo!

All my addin | I love you World of Goo!

Not bad. He could have zoomed in a bit more, but eh. To be honest the mysteriousness of the game makes it all the more exciting Tongue

Agreed. But I'm just squeezing out all the info I can find!

I just got that issue in the mail, and it explains Little Inferno's gameplay! Laughing out loud

You have a fireplace, you have money, and you have toy catalogs. That's the basic premise. If you order stuff from the catalogs, it goes in the fireplace, and you can burn it by clicking. They interact in strange ways, though. The dolls scream as they die, the MiniMoon has its own gravity, the laser pointer slices stuff up, the Recalled Snake Surprise can shoots out poisonous hypodermic needles, the Kitty Kitty Poo Poo explodes in an...interesting way, and so on. Burning stuff gets some money, but to get ahead (not just getting out as much as you put in) you have to find combos that work together.

Meanwhile, you receive broadcasts from the Weatherman, and letters from your creepy neighbor Sugar Plumbs, as well as unmentioned other people. That's what drives the plot at the beginning of the game.

They didn't say much more than that, although they devoted two pages to the gameplay and three to an interview with Tomorrow Corporation.

If you want, I can scan the interview part for you, although I expect it's already online somewhere.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Could you scan those pages? I can't really get Nintendo Power in France Sad

Sure, I'll post them later today.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Awesome, thanks AP!

I got these in the first and second page in the video:

Burn, Baby, Burn!
Kids, don't try this at home! Little Inferno for Wii U promises to bring out the arsonist in all of us.
Luckily, there are plenty of flammable items to be found in the game's mail-order catalogs. Just flip open these books and drop a few coins to have a new piece of under delivered to your door. The objects generate coins as you burn them, giving you the resources to order additional goodies. The more stuff you buy, the more catalogs are unlocked, and the process begins anew.
It all sounds a bit mindless, doesn't it? The simple premise, however conceals a deeper subtext. As you play, a story begins to reveal it self through letters received from such charaters as your neighbor, a hyperactive little girl named Sugar Plumbs whose messages slowly go from goofy to introspective and somewhat creepy. Additionally, the appropriately named Weather Man provides updates on the current climate, which is the catalyst for the entire game. In the world of Little Inferno, it has become increasingly cold, Snow falls endlessly from the sky, and it has grown more and more difficult to stay warm. This has led to the trend of burning anything and everything that will take to fire. In fact, the most popular child's toy is currently the aforementioned Little Inferno Entertainment Fireplace. It's weird, slightly dark story, and it only gets weirder and darker as you...

Bump!

what do you mean?

AP, could you post those up here soon?

Sorry, I'm having scanning issues. Tongue

Oh, OK. i'm soooooo impatient!

Blog post about it here, but only the first two pages:
http://tomorrowcorporation.com/posts/nintendo-power-preview-of-little-in...

Definitely looking forward to whenever you get your scanner fixed, AP. Wink

And those screenshots look pretty doggone nice. Not at all what I expected the game to look like or be about, but I'm sure it's awesome.

wow finally some updates!!

If it works I'll have them uploaded tonight.

It's cool to read a bit about it, and know what to expect a bit. It looks like burning stuff will be extremely fun, if that's what most of the gameplay is!

Pretty awesome! Is the game in three dimensions? It looks like the models are in 3D, or is it just me? Maybe the toys can like roll back and forth!

Woo! I sent the scans to Kyle, and got a personal response!

*life complete*

I'll upload them somewhere like Tinypic now.

Yays! Send them up, weeee!

momo1526 wrote:
Pretty awesome! Is the game in three dimensions? It looks like the models are in 3D, or is it just me? Maybe the toys can like roll back and forth!

I think the graphics are just drawn like that, it doesn't look like the game will actually be in 3D. Of course I'm not sure but I'm not expecting it.

AP: Fantastic!

Oh, and it seems we have a new, very mysterious blog post: http://tomorrowcorporation.com/posts/hi-its-meee

Sigh, why can't there be a good reliable image host?

For now, I'll email the scans out to whomever wants them. Just post your email here, unless I already have your address.

I personally like tinypic.com . Generally works fine for me.

If not, though, I think you should know my email.

I'd like them! My email is my username [at] gmail [dot] com

Momo1526: Sent.
MOM4Evr: [REDACTED]: 550: User Unknown. Did I mistype it?

yeah, it's [REDACTED] instead of just [REDACTED].

My mail is myname at gmail.
When you'll send them to me, I'll post here a dropbox link to them Smile

You know mine.

I personally use minus.com for images, has been working great so far.