Discussion about Goofans Minecraft Server

62 replies [Last post]

I think there's no point anyhooo.... I don't think new players can access anything, even chests or beds.

New players should be able to access anything, just not any of the special "/" commands or special signs. They also can't build in protected areas as with most players.

If you want, we can make your hotels protected regions, with sub-regions inside that people can claim.

I'm going to announce the server publicly tomorrow since it seems to be stable now.

-minecraftc

Sounds helpful! I was going to protect rooms with fences, but this works! Tongue

i am getting premium soon on Easter i think.

get my first theme here:
http://goofans.com/download/theme/ivygreen
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

The wolves i searched for a full 10 or 20 minutes and got lost and had store everything in a chest and kill myself!
maybe it was a glitch?

get my first theme here:
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

Hmm... New players don't seem to be able to do very much at all... (except die horribly)
Maybe it's just me but.....

I don't appear to be able to build / dig anywhere...
Digging in the "Info Center" gives me the "You do not have permission" message...
Elsewhere...
Across the "bay", past Enchanters Hotel and the cactuses ...
or half a day's walk / swim Due South ...

No permission message but...
Dig's revert and no drops from trees or "ground" or anything.
Build's revert too (I borrowed a couple of Glass Blocks from Enchanter's Cabin)

I can beat up Mob's and collect their drops
I can access Chests and Beds, craft stuff and use furnaces...
I can collect, place and use Minecarts...
but...
I don't seem to be able to affect the landscape... at all.

Am I missing something ... ?

PS. Happy to remain the "New Player Guinea Pig" for a bit... if this proves to be "an issue"

Ah, you need permission from DavidC himself. Smile

Since he started the server, he needs to talk to you before you get said permissions from him. After that, you can mine and craft... AT THE SAME TIME!

(I believe since you are a moderator, you would also get Mod access! YAY!)

Ok the wood can't be burned because as soon as I can meet davidc online again, I'll make the island uneditable (including a warp).

This may be useful to those of you hunting diamonds (assuming the algorithm hasn't changed)

Hmm... interesting...
@Enchanter:Well, once I get around to going on I'll see ya there! If it helps, my username on Minecraft is Mine_iac.

[SXQDJ] Cydushqvj, Fehjqb 2, Juhhqhyq.... Cydushqvj, Fehjqb 2, Juhhqhyq... Cydushqvj, Fehjqb 2, Juhhqhyq... Cydushqvj, Fehjqb 2, Juhhqhyq...

Use this website to decrypt that. A Caesar Cipher with Key 12+

Meh, we just had a griefer come on... davidc, we need those permissions back how they were, or something...
But beyond griefers, all newcomers welcome. Smile We've had a few other non-goofans players drop by, too, which is cool.

Should we make a list of all the people who entered, and all the greifers? It would be helpful to some people, I think.

Was the griefer banned?

Well alright, see you all on.

No, the griefer wasn't banned. But we're hoping he comes back on when we're on so we can murder him and get all our stuff back. Tongue

In any case, we're gonna get davidc to set up some GPS (Griefer Protection Systems).

How about a big house full of lava? Dig through a wall and die!

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

No, at the moment we've had a couple people come and steal valuables from chests. Very little actual destruction.
So we've banned the people doing it and are blocking off areas now.

Mm. Maybe don't allow anonymous/new users to open chests or dispensers?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Yeah, that's what we had at first, but it makes it kinda rude to new players, as they have to be online at the same time as davidc for them to be able to ask for privileges.

We went ahead and blocked off everything valuable, so that nobody can take stuff except people who were meant to (And Daft suffocated one griefer to get all our stuff back. Smile ). James can currently block off areas, and hopefully Daft and I will soon, too, so there shouldn't be much of a problem anymore.
So no worries! Problems resolved. If you guys have Minecraft, hop on in!

Awsome server! I'm working on my house right now. I specially like the giant ivies Tongue I even let down my own server, it feels like home already! :')
Oh and could I please be admin, its annoying to be alone in the server during the night, and I would like to be able to set warp locations.

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

You have privileges already, momo (I think so, at least). See here: http://goofans.com/goofans/minecraft
Just type "/time day" if you want it to be daytime, and you can /sethome and /home as well (I don't think you can set warp locations, but you can use ones that are there).

@MOM4Evr: Nope. Users can only /warp meaning they can go to warp locations but only mods have /setwarp to create them.

BTW PLEASE UPDATE YOUR SERVER I UPDATED AND YOUR SERVER IS OUTDATED! Shock

get my first theme here:
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

Yeah, you need to downgrade to play on the server. Just copy your old 1.3_01 copy of minecraft.jar over the new one in %APPDATA%\Roaming\.minecraft\bin.

If you use craftbukkit, a new build is already available.
Oh, and on the map, my house doesn't look like that!

i found something cool in this picture there is a gooball
it's in minecraft on the left side.
link: http://minecraftgallery.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Minecraft-Stole-M...

get my first theme here:
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

WOW...that was built pre-beta...without colored wool. That's scary.

Gooball stole my bike. Tongue

Anyway, did it say it was a gooball? It looks like it has a mouth, and if I remember correctly, not too many gooballs have mouths. Wink

Nice pic! James lieks.

i did not make it credits goes to the guy who made it!
and it's not a mouth probably an unfinished project sort some sort of entrance.

get my first theme here:
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

Beauty and Ugly have mouthes, and so does Dead!

I said "Not too many". I knew that the beauty, the ugly, etc. have mouths, but this go doesn't look like em. Does your icon have a mouth? Smile