Who's online

33 replies [Last post]

Is there a way to see if members are online? (not just Moderators)

And if there isn't, can we have a little thing at the bottom of the page that says something like:

Members online: Howitz, RedTheGreen, Albino Pokey
Guests online: 1337
Moderators online: Pavke, MOM4Evr, davidc

??

We used to have little indicators below everyone's name showing a little green circle when online, and a red one when not. (it's the same one you see on the contributors page) I'm not sure what happened to that.

I think they got removed for some reason when davidc upgraded Drupal. Not certain why.

Some people didn't like them.

Moderators can (or used to?) see a list on the right side, under the search box, where we see ads. I'm not sure if that's still there or not. It was really glitchy and thus wasn't ever given to normal users.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

It's still there. It's not really that glitchy anymore, at least to the best of my knowledge. I don't pay much attention to it.

Yeah, since this account is not a moderator I don't see that anymore.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

OMG I was just thinking about this yesterday!

I think it'd be cool as. Then you can go on IRC without having to wait to find out that someone's cross-posting you.

Also, it should at least show if someone's online when you view their User page.

Yeah, not sure what happened to those red and green balls. Author Pane is due for an upgrade soon anyway, as there is a security flaw in it, so I'll look at this then.

In the meantime, I think you can see online users at the bottom of this page: http://goofans.com/forum

Nope.

At least, I can't.

I can't either.

me, 3.

-_-

Might as well say it as well.

Me neither.

I said that a few months ago. Sighhh....... Let's close this topic. The only way we can is if everyone is a moderator. And when everyone's a moderator, no one is.

-_-

Not necessarily. They could make the "Who's Online" screen on the right available to everyone. I suppose that would mean removing the ads though...

I don't look at the ads any way. But it costs money to run a site, and the ads provide the money.

-_-

I don't think anybody but me clicks the ads. Tongue

You click on ads? Shock

For the good of the site. Wink

wait so we can abuse ads? like if we all click on it every day, we actually make $$$ for goofans?

and how much per click (im guessing cents)

Probably something small like a fourth of a penny, or whatever that is in euros.

I have a confession to make... I use Adblock. It really cleans up my browsing.

Is that OK? Or do you guys want me to disable it on here?

No one cares. Tongue That's your view, not ours.

You can if you want. It doesn't matter, really.

-_-

kirdneh wrote:
You can if you want. It doesn't matter, really.

Redundancy is redundant.

I was just agreeing with you.

-_-

@Red: Really? Making fun of a redundant post on teh internets? lulz.

For the record, I use ABP too, most of the time. What I don't understand is why there isn't some kind of adblocker that downloads the data normally, but just doesn't display it at drawing time, so the ad peoples still get their monies. Or is that illegal or something?

I could try making something like that, for Goofans. I could just make a Greasemonkey javascript timeout for 1 millisecond (the minimum), then set the div with the ads to display:none.

Davidc, do the ads pay you money for the site?

-_-

I assume so. Why else would there be ads, on a site whose creator pays for hosting?

Obviously. They're Google Ads, so he's probably using Adsense. The way Adsense works is you get paid every time someone clicks on the ads.