GooTool for Wii --> Actually Possible

79 replies [Last post]

I'm not sure if that would be "legal" if anything. If this dream were to become a reality, then I would need davidc's code and consent. Mr. Croft, the future awaits! Wink

I think the only reason that davidc keeps the source code out of the public is for the interface with GooFan's leaderboard and profile backup system.

Author of World of Goo Portable. Download here!

goo-d point

My profile of awesomeness | Me on skype: pokelucas2000 | My drop | Me on...umm....I forgot Tongue Laughing out loud

GMMan wrote:
I think the only reason that davidc keeps the source code out of the public is for the interface with GooFan's leaderboard and profile backup system.

The goofans page for source code is already made (it is not published yet), if you check the "Issue Tracker" tab you can see one of davidc's major priorities is to release the source code. I think he just forgot, or he is busy...

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

He never seems to have the time anymore...

We can expect maybe ONE post from him every 7-9 days...

His last one was the comment on THIS topic.

wait, does the wii even support file writing? how do we know that gootool would work for the wii version of world of goo? especially what about reading the save file? couldnt that be done differently in the wii version?

why is this post of mine more pessimistic that others of mine?!

98% of the teen population believes those "98% of ... if you are one of the 2% who don't copy this into your sig" sigs. copy and paste this into your sig if you are one of the 2% who don't believe them.
-madaco

madaco wrote:
wait, does the wii even support file writing? how do we know that gootool would work for the wii version of world of goo? especially what about reading the save file? couldnt that be done differently in the wii version?

why is this post of mine more pessimistic that others of mine?!

You don't get it...

Wii DOES support ALL the things I've said it does. It IS possible to do EVERYTHING you've seen on this topic! (at least everything that I've said...of course)

oh

*my brain just elploded from all the awesome things on the site*

My profile of awesomeness | Me on skype: pokelucas2000 | My drop | Me on...umm....I forgot Tongue Laughing out loud

lol

BTW: ...still waiting for the source code...

we need a programmer that can change the sorce code

didnt someone say their friend was a programmer/is a programer?

I AM a programmer, but only in VB and GML. I have a little experience in C, but none in Java.

I AM a programmer. Have experience with C/C#/C++/Java but it isn't good enough to translate GooTool to Wii

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

I can put it on wii, but I need it in C before anything can happen.

EDIT: I'm good enough in C that I can do at least this...

I AM a self-taught programmer in C/C++/VB with little or no experience or time on my hands. Smile
By the way, C and Java (and VB, and Javascript,etc) look fairly similar, so you may find it rather easy to learn Java. I personally haven't. Smile

Well, if you haven't noticed already, I've started on a new project. The information will not be repeated (I'm just too darn lazy!), so you can find it on my most recent post on my tutorial for WoG Editor. Since davidc still hasn't posted the source code, I can't do anything in the matter of THIS topic...

Well that sucks...

Well, I'm sorry...

Well, alright...

well well well

That's 6 wells total Smile . (7, including this one)

As I read the last time I updated my Wii, "[Any unauthorized software will be removed.]" So, by updating your Wii while having Homebrew installed will remove it. And since you sometimes need to update your Wii to shop, and some games require updates, and since Homebrew is hard to get since the Twilight Princess games allowing you to hack into your Wii are hard to get nowadays, and since Homebrew might permanently brick your Wii, and since I just took the time to say all this, Homebrew is HIGHLY not recommended.

OVER 9000

jmleleven wrote:
As I read the last time I updated my Wii, "[Any unauthorized software will be removed.]" So, by updating your Wii while having Homebrew installed will remove it. And since you sometimes need to update your Wii to shop, and some games require updates, and since Homebrew is hard to get since the Twilight Princess games allowing you to hack into your Wii are hard to get nowadays, and since Homebrew might permanently brick your Wii, and since I just took the time to say all this, Homebrew is HIGHLY not recommended.

You know nothing about wii-hacking. The Twighlight hack is REALLY old and is almost never used anymore... (unless you can, but highly doubted because 4.0+ wiis don't support it) and Bannerbomb is used instead of the twighlight hack because it's easier to use and actually works on 3.2-4.2. Yes, NINTENDO added the 4.2 update exactly for the function of removing unofficial mods, but homebrew-ers found a way around it in less than a day... (bannerbomb v2.0 ). This comes from experience, and the only way to brick your wii through homebrew is if you're really shallow and don't follow directions. It says on like EVERY homebrew guide out there, that you have to do this specific thing if you don't want your wii to live the life of a brick...

PS there's also another way of hacking your wii, it's called Indiana Pwns. It's like the Twighlight hack but it works on 4.0+ and it runs on Lego Indiana Jones.

What do you mean "Runs Lego Indiana Jones"

James wrote:
What do you mean "Runs Lego Indiana Jones"

You read it wrong. I said, "It runs 'ON' Lego Indiana Jones".

That basically means that, with a special save, you can run Indiana Jones on your wii and it will start a wii-executable instead (.dol, .elf).

...weird... but that sounds handy! (Too bad that I don't have it...)

Enchanter49 wrote:
You know nothing about wii-hacking. The Twighlight hack is REALLY old and is almost never used anymore... (unless you can, but highly doubted because 4.0+ wiis don't support it) and Bannerbomb is used instead of the twighlight hack because it's easier to use and actually works on 3.2-4.2. Yes, NINTENDO added the 4.2 update exactly for the function of removing unofficial mods, but homebrew-ers found a way around it in less than a day... (bannerbomb v2.0 ). This comes from experience, and the only way to brick your wii through homebrew is if you're really shallow and don't follow directions. It says on like EVERY homebrew guide out there, that you have to do this specific thing if you don't want your wii to live the life of a brick...

PS there's also another way of hacking your wii, it's called Indiana Pwns. It's like the Twighlight hack but it works on 4.0+ and it runs on Lego Indiana Jones.

Oops, sorry, I'm not up-to-date, I just said what I looked up a long time ago.
I've read a lot more now! Smile
@James - There's a Smash Bros. Brawl hack, too. It's called Smash Stack, and you can use it as long as you have:
Smash Bros. Brawl (Doesn't matter how far you are in game)
SD Card
At least 1 stage built for SSBB on SD
Computer able to read SD

See instructions at http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Smash_Stack

OVER 9000

Will "Wii" versions of SD cards work?

I've Got SSBB! It's sitting next to goo on my favorites! ^^

James wrote:
Will "Wii" versions of SD cards work?

I've Got SSBB! It's sitting next to goo on my favorites! ^^

SD cards are all the same no matter what... (except maybe SDHC), and the "wii" versions are just normal SD cards that have a different sticker on the front. Tongue

Well, besides using games to hack the wii console, you can also try Bannerbomb. It does the same as all of the above EXCEPT that all it requires is an SD card... (it doesn't even need a game!). You basically just insert the SD card into your wii WITH the hacked save data on it and go to the SD card menu. Then, a dialog will appear asking if you want to run the wii-executable from the SD card.

Pretty awesome, If you ask me!

Well, no one asked you...

JK Wink