GooTool and Vista

11 replies [Last post]

I have just installed Gootool on Vista (6.Innocent, everything looks ok except that nothing is updated in Gootool.
The file locations are :
C:\Program Files\WorldOfGoo for WorldOfGoo.exe
the custom world of Goo C:\ProgramData\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo
I have also the file pers2.dat in the last directory which doesn't seem to be updated nor refreshed (I have finished all levels and started to build the tower)

Thanks for your help

Question: Why do you have your modded WoG in your profile directory? It should be in a separate one (preferably in Program Files).

Is WoG not updating your profile, or is GooTool not?

Author of World of Goo Portable. Download here!

If you've applied the v1.3 patch "recently"... then your profile has now moved to a different folder.
see http://goofans.com/developers/game-file-formats/profile-file-format

I have downloaded version 1.0.2.376, which is supposed to be the only one for windows.
I do not see any 'patch' to download, if you are talking about version 1.0.3.408-dev, it is not clear at all that this should be the version to download as it is still in dev.
The profile file is not in the directory written in the FAQ http://goofans.com/developers/game-file-formats/profile-file-format, it has been created in the same directory that I created during installation. If that directory is not the correct one, then I am wondering why it is written that we can create the directory where ever we want.
I have also uploaded some extra levels and it works perfectly.

My profiles in the game look ok (i have even 2 profiles in the game, but only one is in the GooTool profile without any data in)

Foolproof method to locate profile: http://goofans.com/forum/gootool/general-discussion/1401#comment-8806

By patch it means a patch for WoG, not GooTool.

And looking at your post again, are you telling me that you are creating your profile in some random place and expecting it to work? The edit box is for locating the profile, not creating one. GooTool does not deal with the game engine, only contents.

Author of World of Goo Portable. Download here!

Thanks for your explanation.

I do not need to locate my profile as I know where it is. My profile is in the directory C:\ProgramData\2DBoy\WorldOfGoo, it was created automatically during installation. I just put the custom world of Goo in the same directory to simplify as it is written nowhere that it shouldn't be.

I will check the patch.

Again the issue is not that I do not find the profile file, but that this profile is not updated with the data. I will try to reinstall the Gootool, I think it is the last thing I can do.

Finally it works.

I have uninstalled the custom world of Goo, installed the patch, and now GooTool is showing everything.

Thanks for your help

So, is the custom WoG in a new directory? Preferably next to the original WoG one?

GooTool includes lots of debugging but it is disabled by default to avoid creating huge logfiles...

1) How would you know? New user...
2) Old thread...

Maybe an old user but new member?

And yes... old thread.

WHATS GOIN ON IN THIS THR-

OH LAWD.