New Records

1835 replies [Last post]

If someone beats me I'll beat them back. Wink (Unless of course its you or any other good players)

I always have problem figuring out how much time I did when watching a video with no pipe exits. I could do it without video and then see it in gootool or i could keep trying for around 30-40 times and hope to get lucky.

My Profile

Hey,

I see you still have trouble figuring out who set up which record. I am pretty sure it is me who did the Second Hand Smoke 0 move first.

Concerning Whistler, I also remember Pavke ad I were talking about the 0 move strat (maybe with a third person but don't know who). I think it is me who did it first but I am not certain.

Good luck on your speedrun Naveed, I'll enjoy watching it.

Pavke says he doesn't know if he did it also, and since Kopa has earliest profile I say give it to him. So only 11 unknown records left.

Thanks. Hopefully it will be out before the end of this month. Smile

I tried using skips. My first and not-so-good try got me 43 minutes and 47 seconds (I forgot but it was 43 minutes and 30 seconds over). My more better run was beaten by my not-so-good run for some reason after I tried again (45 mintues 8 seconds).

I'll record both skips and without skips. (So aiming for 40 mins below with skips and 50 mins below without skips)

My Profile

@Kopa, you should've mentioned those things in your previous post. So seeing as your pretty sure about SHS (and have earliest vid & profile) I'll put your name to it. I'm not sure what to do about whistler; if you think you did it in the same way LTumbleweed thought he did water lock, then I suppose you should have it. What do you think about water lock, could you have set that one? I cant understand why it took until the 21st Aug 09 for weed's 0 move score to show up on his profile when he did a vid of it in April.

@nav, you meant only 10 left, if they were both given to Kopa.

Misty's Long Bony Road least time OCD can probably be improved.

That record I am currently trying to beat (along with Beauty and the Electric Tentacle 12 seconds). In video it looks like it can easily be beaten but its actually tough.

My Profile

So I was looking at stuff.

This should be added to the site as a faster or easier method. It just looks so fun to use the shaking bug on an open area and a detaching wall nearby. Smile

My Profile

This should be added to the site as a faster or easier method.

I saw it a few days ago and was going to mention it. It's added now.

Here's something I noticed; in LTumbleweed's description for his Deliverance 2 moves vid, it says it's based on Marius's strat, so it's highly likely that he's the setter. On every other occasion where it's said "based on ___ strat" they've all been correct.

Take a look at this glitch I found a few weeks ago. Can anyone explain it?

@Kopa, why are you so reluctant to answer; I dont believe you've never been back on since.

Has anyone else noticed how many guests have been online recently, it was 74 just before! WoGs suddenly become popular again.

I hope so, but it might just be spambots.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Oh, that's my video. Smile
I also have a better method to get Genetic Sorting Machine 24 balls but I haven't uploaded the video yet. I guess I will upload it tomorrow.
And about that bug, I think you just found a way to trigger the disappearing bug. I made the water disappear in OOS and uploaded a video about that one. I think they are the same bug.

Kopa is bored of WoG. As they didn't find any records they left. I think thats why all the record holders left. I'll talk to him about that post.

It should be. And Marius has the earliest profile.

You know you could just whack all the balls to the right and then just give a push so it can reach the left structure.

I saw the water bug. Do you think you can finish the level by doing less than 6 moves and doing the bug?

Also, have you tried my 3 move method of Inci Desti or have you given up on that level?

My Profile

Here's another one for GPU. It says 'based on dwers strat', and dwer does have the earliest vid and profile.
I'll update the site etc.

Do you think you can finish the level by doing less than 6 moves and doing the bug?

From watching Mygod's vid, no. Everything goes, so how would you get the end collision.

Also, have you tried my 3 move method of Inci Desti or have you given up on that level?

I never really tried it, and I'm not going to, so, its up to you.

oh everyone does well!I got the 1476th ball in recent days,and I try to get 16balls in fly away,but it's very hard.

eeee

The following videos are NOT new records. They are some easier ways to achieve them. Tongue
They are recorded on 01/25/2012 so they are very old videos.
Genetic Sorting Machine 24 balls

Beauty and the Electric Tentacle 0 move

The 0 move one is a bit obvious. I did that to get 0 moves long ago. (Cos I was noob back then. Tongue)

Also, since you created the level Beauty High School whacking beauties and uglies should be more easier. Other then that great strat!

Have you ever noticed that ivys can walk on the ceiling of the Genetic Sorting Machine? It looks weird. Tongue

My Profile

I guess the strand can attract goo ball even if it's impossible for the goo ball to get to the strand.

Good vids Mygod, I'll add them. Now can you do one showing an easier 0 move method for GSM.

Hi everyone

*waves*

ptr231 has awoken me from my slumber. I'm honored that you guys are still thinking of me after all this time ^_^ World of Goo was, and is, a great game, with which I've had heaps of fun.

Well, it's been ages, but it turns out I still have a bunch of original videos, with the original timestamps! (I think it's the original timestamps, anyway. They seem to match the profile uploads)

Have a look here: http://forecast.student.utwente.nl/WOG/

So, here's what I remember about the videos. I think mostly I only bothered to make a video if it actually had something interesting to show.
I don't know if these are still records or if they have been surpassed by now. But here goes:
Beauty and the Electric Tentacle - 0 Moves: IIRC this was a first Smile
Beauty School - All balls 2 moves 18 seconds: Not sure.
Burning Man - All balls 0 moves 40 seconds: IIRC this was a first as well.
Deliverance - 2 moves 88 seconds: Yup, definitely was a first Smile
Drool - 31 balls: Not sure, think it's a first
Fisty's Bog - 16 balls: Could be that I was the first.
FistyBalloonless: Haha, yep, first without balloons Smile
Genetic Sorting Machine - All balls 4 moves: Dunno
Goo Corp: I think this was briefly the highest tower at some point Tongue
Graceful Failure - 8 balls 1 move 16 seconds: Haha this one was so much effort! Might have been a first
No hopping bug: Silly bug cramping my game Oups
Ode to the bruidgebuilder - 43: I assume this has been surpassed since then.
Product Launcher - 1 move: Think it might have been a first?
The Red Carpet - All balls 0 moves 57 seconds: Yep, I invented the strategy!
Tower of Goo - 88 balls: Definitely surpassed by now
Volcanic Percolator Day Spa - All balls 0 moves 35 seconds: I think someone else got this first, but it took me less time? Don't remember.

Then there's also Chain, which I apparently got the idea for from user Macatttack. I have an email that shows him messaging me the following:
Okay, I have an idea that I don't even think is worth me trying so I decided I'd tell it to someone who might be able to attempt this(if you haven't already). Okay basically I figured out a way to get more than 25 on chain, level 1. I noticed that any structure outside the level boundaries is broken apart but the goo lives so if you could figure out a way (most likely by throwing goo very quickly at the chain)you may be able to knock it off screen giving you a couple extra goo balls. Just a suggestion that I though someone of your goo caliber might want to try. Tongue

Oh, I also had the world's highest goo corp tower during the beta testing xD

Then there's a bunch of screenshots I found which mostly have correct timestamps: http://forecast.student.utwente.nl/WOG/Screenshots/
And a HTML file with my scores at some unknown point in time: http://forecast.student.utwente.nl/WOG/WoG.html

Actually, here's what you guys should do: Email 2dboy, and ask them to give you a copy of the old forum's posts! They will have all the claims detailed accurately. It's too bad they're no longer online...

If that doesn't work: Apparently the old forum is somewhat preserved on archive.org: http://web.archive.org/web/20081009131538/http://2dboy.com/forum/index.p...
Check out the linked topic, "The OFFICIAL Bragging Rights Thread!", but there may be records hidden in other threads as well.

Anyway, lots of stuff, badly organized, but I hope it helps Smile I don't know how many of these are still records though, you guys are more familiar with the current status than I am.

I've marked the thread to notify me on replies, so I'll pop in here now and then in the near future. If I “disappear” again, feel free to mail me at Nuntius dot Marii at Gmail dot com with specific questions!

@Peter B
I'd like to if I know how to get 0 move. Tongue

@Marius
Nice. And I also found the old leaderboard: http://web.archive.org/web/20090110113921/http://worldofgoo.com/leaderbo...
Unluckily it seems the page uses AJAX so nothing more can be seen.

Has anybody noticed that Pete collected 38 balls in tumbler in the old leaderbord.
What do you think about that?

Hello again, Marius!

Wait, "Nuntius.Marii at gmail dot com"? You're just Marius's messenger? Tongue

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Wow Marius also came back! Smile

Wondering, How did you contact him peter? The best I could do was find his youtube channel.

All records except the one with 0 moves (and 1 move on product launcher) has been beaten.

I don't know if 2DBoy will check it or even have the copy now.

Check this out. This is the Record Chart made by peter. Some records does not have a record holder so we are trying to find out who set it. Could you look at the levels where there are no record holders and see if you did or know anyone else did the record?
Also you should check out WoGFan The Site. It has all the levels with the record videos. (We're working on a few videos though)

Peter made a list of the missing names. Do you recognize any of the records?

Oh and your tower record is here. Wink

My Profile

Albino Pokey wrote:
Hello again, Marius!

Wait, "Nuntius.Marii at gmail dot com"? You're just Marius's messenger? Tongue

Haha, not a lot of people figure that one out by themselves Laughing out loud Yeah, my email server is my messenger delivering me messages, and sending out my messages to other people!

naveed_rizvi wrote:
Wow Marius also came back! Smile

Wondering, How did you contact him peter? The best I could do was find his youtube channel.

Peter also found my youtube channel, and then proceeded to simply send me a message on youtube Laughing out loud

naveed_rizvi wrote:
All records except the one with 0 moves (and 1 move on product launcher) has been beaten.
Haha, nice going everyone Wink

naveed_rizvi wrote:
I don't know if 2DBoy will check it or even have the copy now.
I think it's very likely that 2DBoy still has a copy… but I don't know if they will bother giving it to anyone. Making it somewhat presentable would be a bit of an effort, I guess. You can't just give someone an entire database dump, they'd probably need, hmm, the threads, posts, and a part of the users table.

naveed_rizvi wrote:
Check this out. This is the Record Chart made by peter. Some records does not have a record holder so we are trying to find out who set it. Could you look at the levels where there are no record holders and see if you did or know anyone else did the record?
Oooh, that chart is nice Smile So, I'm quite sure I was the first to got the least moves on Beauty and The Electric Tentacle and on Deliverance, since I remember actually inventing the strategy.

As for Burning Man, Product Launcher, Graceful Failure and Volcanic Percolator Day Spa, I'm not sure. It could have been me, especially Burning Man, since I found those early videos I made back in October 2008. But back then we also competed on “Least moves with least amount of time”, so maybe I just made a video because I did it faster.

I've got videos with timestamps for all six of these levels, so you can grab the timestamp from that. If someone else has a video with earlier timestamps then they were probably first.

Shouldn't this also show in the profiles, btw? My earliest profile, 25 October 2008, shows 0 moves on Burning Man and Volcanic Percolator Day Spa, and 1 move on Product Launcher and Graceful Failure.

naveed_rizvi wrote:
Also you should check out WoGFan The Site. It has all the levels with the record videos. (We're working on a few videos though)
Cool Laughing out loud
Not sure who's in charge btw, but feel free to use my videos on there if necessary!

naveed_rizvi wrote:
Peter made a list of the missing names. Do you recognize any of the records?
Hard to tell, it's been ages! I've tried looking at the archive.org page of the old forum, but it's hard navigating it with stuff missing here and there.

naveed_rizvi wrote:
Oh and your tower record is here. Wink
Ah yes, I've got a copy of that in my videos Smile Apparently it was made on the 31st of March, 2008 already Laughing out loud

Thats 2 more records gone.

About Burning Man, Pavke thinks that you did not set it and another player DEFE did it earlier. (Though his video came later.)

For Product Laucnher, someone has already got 1 move before your profile and no profiles beat it.

For Volcanic Percolator Day Spa, I guess it might have been you first. Do you the know the LagMasterSam? His 0 move video we are currently using.

Peter, Pavke, Daft as Brush and LTumbleweed (I think) are in charge of the site. Only Peter is active though.

Can you say who did Observatory Observation Station 32 seconds first? Jairo has first profile, Kopa has second.

Also did you do the Chain 39 gooballs and Welcoming Unit 92 gooballs first?

My Profile

The profile upload function didn't come online before the 25th of October, which means any record set before that won't be accurately represented.

I'm hunting through archive.org, and found a couple of things:

Proof of Graceful Failure being my record ^_^
http://web.archive.org/web/20081019194017/http://2dboy.com/forum/index.p...

And also Product Launcher:
http://web.archive.org/web/20081017005930/http://2dboy.com/forum/index.p...

Both of these are just me claiming I got the record. I never lied there though (why would I?), but you'll have to trust me on that. Some of them may have matching screenshots/videos on my server.

As for Burning Man: I don't see anyone called DEFE at all in the bragging rights thread. Here's a guy implying I got 0 moves, back on 15 October 2008: http://web.archive.org/web/20081017005925/http://2dboy.com/forum/index.p...

As for Volcanic Percolator Day Spa: I don't know who I was competing with on that. I don't see LagMasterSam in the bragging thread though. I'd rather think I was competing with Tair for example. Since here I'm claiming a record of 5 moves: http://web.archive.org/web/20081017005930/http://2dboy.com/forum/index.p...
And here, on 19 October, Tair has 0 moves in his sig:
Unfortunately, the pages inbetween are not available.

OOS, WU and Chain: No clue. I have spent time on Chain, but I don't know if I or anyone else got any records on it.

Actually, I see Tair's sig claiming a record of 92 balls on Welcoming Unit here:
I think he might hold that record. OTOH, he also lists Product Launcher there, for which I have the record.

PS: Lol @ speedclicking balloons Laughing out loud We didn't have that strategy back in 2008 Tongue

So another 2 gone. (You currently have 5 records if all is okay.)

DEFE was a Wii U player with 3 least move records. (Ivy towers 0 moves, Flying Machine 1 move and Welcoming Unit 0 moves.)

I recently found this video saying thats its a new record. Problem is I don't know which is. He is either talking about the 0 moves or the 37 balls.

Your profile shows you got 39 balls earliest in Chain.

This is the earliest Welcoming Unit 92 balls video. Your profile shows that you got 92 balls one day before.

The speed-clicking bug came in 2010 July 21st I think were peter posted about new max goo records. And yeah its weird. Tongue

I'm guessing you and Tair were always fighting for a better score? Smile

You know I like the goofans forum design better than the 2DBoy one. This forum looks better.

My Profile

naveed_rizvi wrote:
So another 2 gone. (You currently have 5 records if all is okay.)

DEFE was a Wii U player with 3 least move records. (Ivy towers 0 moves, Flying Machine 1 move and Welcoming Unit 0 moves.)

I recently found this video saying thats its a new record. Problem is I don't know which is. He is either talking about the 0 moves or the 37 balls.

I think it's the 37 balls. I don't recall us solving the level without burning the structure. If it would be the 0 moves, then the date would be a lot later than shown in the bragging rights thread.

naveed_rizvi wrote:
Your profile shows you got 39 balls earliest in Chain.
Fair enough, I suppose I did then Smile

naveed_rizvi wrote:
This is the earliest Welcoming Unit 92 balls video. Your profile shows that you got 92 balls one day before.
Oh, interesting Smile I don't recall spending a whole lot of time on that level, really. Maybe I got it pretty fast with some luck.

I suppose what would make sense is to set the record to my name, since the evidence seems to point that way. Then, if some other evidence pops up, like an old player finding some data, or the old forum data becoming available, we could revise if necessary. Same goes for Chain. Does that make sense?

naveed_rizvi wrote:
The speed-clicking bug came in 2010 July 21st I think were peter posted about new max goo records. And yeah its weird. Tongue

I'm guessing you and Tair were always fighting for a better score? Smile

Haha, yeah, we had some fierce competition going on Laughing out loud Back then there were just a few of us competing, and a lot of new strategies to discover, so it would keep us pretty busy ^_^
I actually invented the "throw goos at structure to impart momentum" strategy way before that even, in the very early beta Laughing out loud

naveed_rizvi wrote:
You know I like the goofans forum design better than the 2DBoy one. This forum looks better.
I can imagine Smile The old one holds nostalgic value for me though <3

Hey Marius, thats a great load of info you've been able to give; why did no one else know about that 2dboy archive!

So, from everything you've said, I think you can rightly claim some of them...

Tentacle: you have earliest profile (10/25/08), earliest vid (10/18/08), a possible first mention here (10/17/08), plus you say you invented the strategy.

Deliverance: same for this too; first profile (10/25/08), vid (10/27/08), and say you invented it.

Product Launcher: you beat AluxiousE's old vid by 1 day (10/18/08) and bragged that you did it here (10/17/08)

Graceful Failure: earliest profile (10/25/08), vid (10/19/08), and brag you did it in 1 move here (10/19/08)

They're all the near definate ones, the rest are still hazy.

Chain: you dont really know if you were first, no vid, but you do have earliest profile (12/02/08). dwerdwer thinks it was done by a Chinese person.

Welcoming Unit: you dont know, no vid, but earliest profile (10/25/08) I dont think Tair's sig is good enough proof.

VPDS: you dont know, but have earliest vid (10/18/08) and profile (10/25/08)

Burning Man: someone asked you how to do it; its not very good evidence really, and Pavke thinks DEFE did it (if you're reading this DEFE, then speak up). But again you have earliest vid (10/18/08) and profile (10/25/08)

Really, I didnt want to put a name to any unless it was almost certain, but if we dont get any evidence stating otherwise, I suppose we'll just have to go by your profiles and give you those 4 as well.

I trust everyone else has been searching the archive and hasn't found anything else?

I've contacted 2D Boy twice in the last 3 months about the old forum but haven't had any reply yet. Kyle's probably too busy to answer at the moment with Inferno, and Ron'll be locked up in a cupboard waiting for Kyle to let him out on WoG2. Laughing out loud

@Mygod, you're meant to find a way. Wink

@goomatz, must be a cheat. Although, how soon after release did people crack the pers2?

That summary looks correct Smile

As for not wanting to put a name when it's still hazy, that makes sense. Have you guys tried contacting Tair? I did a quick search but couldn't find contact details.

For archive.org, I read all pages still available of the bragging rights thread, by editing the URL. About half of the pages were still visible. People might still want to have a look at other threads, there may be some hints there.

Beyond that, I don't foresee more info coming along, unless Ron or Kyle releases the old forum data.

@goomatz: I vaguely recall there being some bug with tumbler that allowed for extra goos. It would have been patched quite soon afterwards though.