New Records

1835 replies [Last post]

Hi,

Let me start by saying you are doing amazing things in this game. I never suspected that collecting more than 1500 goos would be possible, I remember us reaching 1400 and that seems pretty beastly at the time.

I see that you are trying to find out who first did which record. It could be quite difficult. I have seen some tries in this thread (that is some crazy stuff to go through every profile and video) but I didn't find table gathering everything. Anyway, I'm afraid I cannot give you perfect information (most of this stuff is more than 3 years ago Tongue ) but I can give it a try.

When I started playing intensively this game, the leaderboards were on the official site. If you haven't seen how it looked like, I found a screenshot from October 2008 (unfortunately it is the only one I have). As you can see, there is a one of the first player of this game Marius (who haven't played for a long time after the official release) and Troute (troutwhale on Youtube). I guess that every "easy" records (such as 0 move in Beauty in the Tentacle) has first been made by Marius. At first, there wasn't much cooperation on the forums and you have to use other top scores to know where to improve (you never know if they were cheated though). I remember there was Gil from Israel who was often in the first places (another Israeli was also very good but I can't remember his name).

I was one of the first to upload videos on Youtube but it doesn't mean I was the first to do the things in the videos (for example, I remember a chinese guy (maybe dwerdwerdwer ?) had the 39 balls in chain or that I wasn't the first on You Have to Explode the Head). Jairo was the first one to do some crazy stuff (I remember him explaining the strat on HTIC and it was awesome !) and maybe the first to get to 1400 balls.

I think the next breakthrough has been made by dwerdwerdwer (attaching a lot of goos to the same). He certainly got a lot of this kind of level first.

That is all I can think of right now. I don't know if you were interested and if it can help but it was great to look into my memories.

I don't know what happened to my tower but it starts to fall as soon as I stop whacking it.

Hey Mygod, did you contact dwerdwer by his youtube channel?

No. I contact him by QQ, the most used messenger in China.

I can try fly away, but not now. I tried it two times today and my hand is aching bad. (seriously how do you so many balloons at once peter?) And I saw Fraps takes lots of space and I need to empty my games folder.(I got a 30 GB movie there at the moment Tongue) And the last problem I can't get into youtube again to upload it if I record it.

@Tumbleweed, You should try 7 moves on Ode, its more easier for you and I'm not good with whacking in that level.

@Kopa, Welcome back to goofans! There is a tower video which shows the official leaderboards and it looks neat. I do wish 2DBoy brings it back. So I'm guessing Pavke,Tumbleweed,Cycle4mate and DaB came a bit after you. What about thB? didn't he came after you too? And it was nice to know who started the real record breaking process.

My Profile

thB came a while after DaB/Pavke/LTumbleweed. He was recent enough that I remember when he was setting records (And I was a bit late to the World of Goo party).

I'm so excited Big smile
I found a way to get the 57th ball in beauty and the electric tentacle.
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/6268/beautyelectric57.png

Video is following soon.

Here is the video.
http://youtu.be/O-H_sp5UEHg

This better not be an April Fools joke. I will post this, then see if you really did it.
EDIT: Grrrrr!!!

Yamaco! - Every Gooball ever
Computer! Y U get virus?

I kinda guessed it was because he had 4 albinos still attached and got 57,he didn't get the extra beauty ball from the geometry because its stuck and it took him less than 30 minutes. Tongue Good try to conceal it all though in the screenshot.

But to be serious, goomatz go and get 16th ball in fly away little one! Tongue

My Profile

ok nav,
I had another try with fly away 16 balls. I failed Tired
But at least I made a small step forward by breaking the the ring of 5 balls into a chain of 5 balls.
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/8154/flyaway5ballchain.png
Then I ran out of timebugs and killed a common ball.

edit:
I still think it's impossible to get the extra beautyproduct in tentacle.

@Kopa, Thanks for coming on and saying that; its all interesting stuff. Smile From reading it it seems like it'll be an impossible task to pinpoint exactly who set them after all this time. That Marius guy comes up a lot, so he could hold a handful of records.
Its very honest of you to say you didnt do explode the head first, but you may as well keep it seeing as no ones ever objected to it.
We'll need to ask dwerdwer about chain 39b, which leads me to...

@Mygod, I didnt want to make a big deal over this, but you're kinda forcing it into one by not answering properly. I've asked twice before now to show me the messages and you havent. If QQ doesnt save messages then why didnt you just say so right away? You seem to be able to contact him easily, so can you ask him to come on here and say for himself what he knows. Link him to this post so he can see which ones need answering.

seriously how do you so many balloons at once peter?

Technique, I guess. Try using your middle finger of the hand used to move the mouse, and when that gets tired, swap to your other hand.

Fraps takes lots of space and I need to empty my games folder.(I got a 30 GB movie there at the moment)

The best thing to do is use a video editor (movie maker) to save them out into a smaller size and delete the fraps vid.

Hey nav, you should have a go at Hang Low 30 balls; you could easily get some more on that.

@goomatz, I thought exactly the same as nav; you left the albino visible. Tongue Anyway, its a coincidence you bringing that up, cos I've actually found a way to get that 57th ball. So take one last look at your name on the 'Set By' sign Big smile

@weed (or goomatz), seeing as you're back on WOG at the moment, you could try using your goo brain to come up with a way to get more on Burning Man.

@goomatz, I thought exactly the same as nav; you left the albino visible. Tongue

Yes I didn't wanted to use more than 5 min on this little prank. Tongue

Anyway, its a coincidence you bringing that up, cos I've actually found a way to get that 57th ball. So take one last look at your name on the 'Set By' sign Big smile

Shock No way, please let this be a one day late april fools joke. Shock If not, what's your strat? I once got this ball but I lost three other balls in the process. That was with the shaking bug on top of the beautyproduct.

@weed (or goomatz), seeing as you're back on WOG at the moment, you could try using your goo brain to come up with a way to get more on Burning Man.

How did you do the 3 seconds run. Maybe you could use the four ball structure to get to the left tunnel and speedclick a ballon over there. After that use the ballon to pull the big structure in the tunnel and hope not every ball dies. You'd need to be lucky though. Puzzled

No way, please let this be a one day late april fools joke.

I think you missed something. Try checking the very bottom of the post Wink

I already thought of and tested that strat you mentioned. The force on the ball is nowhere near enough to pull it over fast enough or take the weight of the whole structure, so it all drops low and dies.

hi,guys... long time no see. I'm back..

the first TWO guys got chain 39b is 城市野生东西 and 桃太郎3... I dont know which is...

Jairo is the first to get to 1400 balls ... keep max bolls top1 for longtime ...

ps:where to check the lastest max goos leaderboards?i guess some first leader records can be modify

It seems somebody sent him an e-mail before I saw Peter's post and made him come back. Welcome back dwerdwer! Smile

P.S. BUG: least time goal for Impale Sticky is 15 seconds but the video is 16 seconds.
And Blustery Day 32 seconds OCD video is wrong, it should be this one.
And Welcoming Unit OCD 44 seconds.
And World of Goo Grape Vine Virus 31 seconds.

So I was reading a few earlier post and I saw Pavke get 1 move on hello world. Here is the video showing it.

Ahh I wondered why my chain 0 move was up so fast, thanks! Smile

I usually use one finger to click, if I click with others they are a bit slow.

Hang low 30 is very random to get so I wont do it.

Dwedwer, see the max goo playlist of max goo of wogfan there its there, also see Wogfan the site, it has every single record there and who made it (except a few we're trying to find out).

Wow Tumblewwed, Goomatz, Kopa and Dwerdwer is back on WoG! All we need now is Pavke and DaB. Tongue

One more thing, Goomatz you got fooled by peter for the second time in the same level again. Tongue (ok maybe I did read all the post on this topic...)

My Profile

Yes, Peter totally fooled me. Since my first ever record got broken by Peter only a little while after I set it, I always fear he comes up with some new freaky strategy to steal my record. It's kind of a trauma. Crazy Just kidding Wink

I was able to break some strands in Burning Man. Look at this picture.
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/9618/burningmanstrat1.png
Ball A and B are speedclicked balloons. Attach A on C to hold it in position C1. Then place B on the strand between D and F close to D.
It should push D to the top of the edge while A is holding C below. The height of the edge is enough to break the strands.

Ok I was working on burning man and I think I had a workable solution that should provide a few extra goos. First you need a line at the bottom of the screen just before the clipping starts and breaks the line apart. Then you use the clicking bug to get the structure below the the lip. It doesnt always but sometimes does go far enough to break goos off and catch them on the line. But heres where you need to be quick because the second balloon is required to keep the line afloat with the weight of the extra goos. (I was making a line not out of the square structure but at the bottom of the screen using another 6 goos Sad). I dont know this is possible because I couldnt keep enough goos on the line and keep it aflot above the spikes.

For a quick and easy 2 goos extra take the square to clipping turn it into a line catch the goos than send it back up. But this relys on PeterB's method of collecting goos from the structure which looked a bit random to me.

And hang low 30 is not random, watch my video follow it closely and you shouldnt go wrong.

@dwerdwer, Ok, so chain 39b was by either 'Urban wild things' or 'Momotaro 3' (thanks to google translate). They must be Chinese as well then seeing as you wrote them in that language? I've never heard of them; anybody else?
So, its safe to say that Jairo was the first to reach 1400b, but thats not the reason for coaxing you back on here. Have you had a look at this list; can you help out on any more of them? I trust what Mygod said is correct, that you did Road Blocks 28b first? Also, you have the earliest vid and profile for Graphic Processing Unit 21b, so do you think you could've been the first on that one too?

@Mygod, There doesnt seem to be a vid for impale 15 sec. I think thats why the 16 one is used, cos its the closest. No point removing it. Same thing for grape vine. I've fixed the other two though.

@nav, I've added that hello world vid to the extra content part underneath. Smile

@goomatz, at first glance it doesnt look like that strat'll work (as in collecting more balls). Seeing as both balloons are speed-clicked, you wont be able to take any possible broken off pieces over to the detaching wall in a controlled manner. Have you tested it some more yet?

@weed, I'm not sure if I understand that correctly. So you have the screwed up structure fall down like normal, except you have a line held in position just above the spikes to catch any balls broken off?
And what do you mean by "clipping".

You've mentioned that 2nd strat before, and like you say, its too random.

The idea behind that strat is to rip the balls off one by one. And yes I tested it, in order to speedclick balloon A I needed to attach four fuseballs. I was able to break those four balls off again plus ball C, after that I always lost one balloon because it was on a breaking strand what stopped me from breaking off more balls. The difficulty is to get one single ball of the big structure beneath the edge after the previous one is ripped off.
And the ballons doesn't stop climbing when you mouse over them if the goal of the level is reached.

I'll try that strat and see what its like.

And the ballons doesn't stop climbing when you mouse over them if the goal of the level is reached.

Thats not the reason why you couldnt stop it; its cos you had the pipe activated.

@Peter B
1.Road Blocks 28b first is me yes
2.Graphic Processing Unit 21b i dont remember....e... i guess not me
3. 'Urban wild things' or 'Momotaro 3' is chinese ,just paly a little time , no Account in here
4.about your said in 855, no more certify for me..i just play max goo
5.about my 3rd and 4th profile towers...yes give me a cheater badge...haha, but i never cheat in levels Tongue

@naveed_rizvi thx..

i know the website but i cant open youtube in my cute country Tongue

Sorry for late reply.

@Tumbleweed, Hang low is random. I tried it more than 20 times and the best i could get was 27 from my first try, others were failures. Thanks for the 3 more balls though! Smile

@Dwerdwer, Mygod made this leaderboard for the records few days ago. Also, do you have any idea on how to get more on Bulletin Board System?

@Peter or Tumbleweed, Did you put an ad on Wogfan the site? everytime I enter it i get the same ad and have to cancel it. If anyone of you know who put this, could you remove it? Its kinda annoying for me. Tongue

And one last thing, Tumbleweed did you ever tried more on whistler? 40 or 41 is the max maybe.

And I got 1501 goos now! Big smile

My Profile

@naveed_rizvi
sorry,long time not play

Excuse the late responce; I've been incapacitated. Although it seems weed and matz have gone as well.

@dwer, thanks for clearing those things up and for coming back on here in the first place. See you again in another 2 years Wink For a leaderboard, look on here and click on charts.

@nav, we already know how to get more on BBS, its just very difficult. And no, no ads been put on wogfan. I've just been on and seen nothing.

@Any mod, this profile isnt me, so its a cheat. Whats the username?

The username is "worldofgooballs," but I don't know anything else about them. Are you sure it's a cheater?

I'll mark it for now.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Sorry for late response.

@Peter, I'm just bought the game in the Steam and remind how many sweet hours I spent with those lovely goo balls. And I actually didn't expect that someone will be here, on goofans, and will continue to beat records.

You're all amazing guys here Smile

@Kopa, my god! Big thanks for the screen, it's so excited to see it.

Anybody knows why official leaderboards are closed?

Welcome back! I don't think you've posted since before I joined the site!

They were being flooded with cheaters, and the Goofans ones could make pictures of the towers as well, so 2D Boy shut the official ones and iirc redirected them here.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I’m not a cheater,that profile just a new level profile,i use it to play new level.
Peter's profile is so amazing that i use it.
So don't mark me.heh.

eeee

Hm...unmarked for now, I suppose.

Thanks.

eeee