New Records

1835 replies [Last post]

You cant see in the photo but my right leg is leaning to much in the left,not allowing the right bottom goo ball not to touch the ground by 1 centimeter at least

I had that problem w/my 46m tower peeling up at the feet on the outside; it's a potential problem w/legs w/a lot of lean. In my experience it does affect the stability somewhat. I've tried changing the foot structure, making the legs more arched/bow-legged, whatever I could do to force the feet to be more firmly in contact with the ground when the legs are leaning. Or (iffy) possibly a chain w/a little tension at the bottom would help? Hope you find whatever works best for you.

If you take out the two goo balls which are in both legs at the bottom left and right it saves me 4 goo ball and taking out the goo balls on the right part of the left tower and left part of the right tower,it gives me also 20 goo balls free with no balance lost.

Great!

Current best 41.4 meters now. If I get 8-10 more goos I can be in the top 10. Smile

Looks like Mattgoo is also fighting for the top 10 with your tower buck.

My Profile

Looks like Mattgoo is also fighting for the top 10 with your tower buck.

Funnily enough I made a tower that looks a lot like Mattgoo's a couple weeks back. Seeing his tower was like deja vu all over again. And pretty cool Smile

Edit: I looked at Mattgoo's profiles and I like his towers. They just look fun and creative.

Now best 42.868 meter. Smile

Now what should I do? I'm all out of ideas on how to get more balls.

Edit: Well I finally beaten skiz0r's tower. Big smile

I wish I could improve the final rush top but every time I do it I cant get over 42 meters. Getting 45.942 was hard.

My Profile

Congrats Nav!

Thanks.

But my left tower is leaning too much. It doesn't look stable if I try to improve it.

Edit: I found something in Wheather Vane that may lead to 1 more ball. I don't know how many times you need retry it to get that. Might take time to do it as its rare and getting 107 again must be a pain.

Peter have tried my 9 second strat on road block? I got 8 seconds now and I think you can get it under 7.

Also, why in OOS 32 seconds video description is 'not a new record'? Who has the real one than?

My Profile

Sorry for the late reply; I haven't been on here in a while.

I found something in Wheather Vane that may lead to 1 more ball

I dont think I've ever seen that happen before, anyone else? Have you managed to do it for a second time or is it so rare that its like a 1 in 1000+ chance. From looking at it in Woogle, I cant see how it could ever not stick down seeing as the ball is going into the geometry. Very strange.

Peter have tried my 9 second strat on road block?

No, I haven't been playing the game. You seem to have the speed necessary for it, so keep trying.

why in OOS 32 seconds video description is 'not a new record'? Who has the real one than?

He says its the first video of an old one, so someone must've done it before him. I dont know why some records dont have the name of the person who did them. There's that one, chain max goo, welcome unit max goo, whistler moves, VPDS moves, tentacle moves, burn man moves, SHS moves/least time, water lock moves, prod launch moves, GPU max goo, road block max goo, grace failure moves, deliverance moves. Can anyone explain these absences? It'll probably be from the time when the 2D boy forum was the main sharing spot. Has everything from there been deleted; is there any way to see it. Anyone know?

It was supposed to be ported over here, that was why the forums were reorganized, but I don't think it ever happened.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

It really should get finished so we can see it. Why would 2D Boy want to take it down anyway. Puzzled

I've seen the weather vane glitch happen, it took about 400-500 retries!

What is the glitch? is it that the one goo on the bottom left of the structure not being attached?

Yamaco! - Every Gooball ever
Computer! Y U get virus?

Nice find naveed.
And congrats to Peter B for defending and enhancing his record

I haven't been playing for a while so I forgot how to whack again. Tongue And my screen resolution needs to be fixed if I want to try it.

I think there was a chart on who had the least moves,time and max goo at 2dboy. Something happened that made it crashed (I think the 'pay as much as you want' offer)
and it wasn't fixed again. I'm guessing wogfan the site was made when it was working properly so Pavake,DaB or Tumbleweed didn't write who made the record.

Congrates on whether vane. It's almost like Drool but more rare. I wonder if any other levels have the same problem?

My Profile

Amazing. Shock

P.S. I saw you used Alt and Esc key to pause the game, didn't you? Tongue

@goomatz, thanks.

@nav, I thought you would've been trying to get the 108 as soon as you discovered it; you had nearly a weeks head start on me.

I'll ask weed about the missing names on wogfan, see if he knows.

@Mygod, Yes, I paused it at 6:35 while I went back to fullscreen so I could catch the runaway balloon without any mistakes. The pause at the start of the vid was just a mistake.
On my PC the game is paused using just Esc.

I was thinking yesterday about Burning Man. If there was some way to get all the rest of them then its possible to reach 1600 total balls collected. Anyone got any ideas?

What about using Burning Man 3 seconds strategy + Flying Machine 10 balls strategy?

@peter, Whether vane max goo was hard for me (I got only 102 in it) so I didn't want to try it.

@mygod, That wonk work, in the 3 second video the head goes up for a while and will fall down again, it can not be removed by that. We also need at least 4-5 balloons to do it like flying machine.

My guess is just trying to rip off the strands somehow using the platforms, other than that just let the structure fall to the spike and get lucky. Same goes to HTIC. You could try 16 balls in fly away little ones.

My Profile

@Mygod, Yeah, I thought about doing that. The main problem is that the structures so big it just gets elongated and wont do the up and down movement. Also, its impossible to get balls stuck in the geometry like in fly away.

@nav, I cant think of any way to rip them off properly using the platforms, so I think that ways out as well.
Everything else I've tried hasn't worked either, so I think aiming for all/most of them is a step too far.

While testing things I came across something funny. I got the whole of the structure to get dragged up through the tiny gap onto the top of the head. No balloon trickery was used; it seemed to be caused by the head vibrating. I'll try and get it on video. I cant see it having any use though.

Got another ball in HTIC. Everythings done the same except for the start where I only use 4 balls to create the line instead of the usual 5.

Here's that thing in burning man I was talking about.

While attempting to get the previous vid, this happened. I think I've seen it once before as well.

I dont know if this is already known, but its possible to keep the level names up when you hover over a button. Just highlight the button and press Esc which'll take you back to the main menu, then go back in and it'll still be up. I've known about this for a while.

I know the last one. If you go to look the screenshot of my new chapter The Other Side of the Planet, you will probably see this.

@1st video, Wow congrates.

@2nd video, I saw lots of the strands ripping off, couldn't we use that start or maybe get the top right or left part of the structure stuck to the corner of the head and than rip it off? Pretty cool though.

@3rd video, Thats the first time I saw it happen.

@4th video, I thought i saw it used somewhere but forgot where. Tongue Thanks for reminding me mygod.

My Profile

couldn't we use that start or maybe get the top right or left part of the structure stuck to the corner of the head and than rip it off?

I haven't tested it so dont know if its any use. If you managed to get it broken up into bits, how would you get them below the head again. You'd have to snap single balls off (if its even possible).

Hey, I never said, congrats on getting that tower in the top 10. I never thought you'd get it there. Its definitely got that unique look you were after.

@Mygod, I've never noticed that; also, I dont think I've even played that chapter. I cant seem to download it anyway, the Page Not Found message appears. All the other versions prior to 1.1 can be though, just 1.1 cant.

Oh, I forgot to say, LTumbleweed didn't know about those missing WOGFan names either.

@Peter B
Just re-uploaded the addin. Thanks for reporting. Smile
There's a force field in that level, so the balls are pulled up. And the balloon ball has a dampeningfactor, which will cause this bug.

EDIT: I wonder if it is possible to detach 3 more goo balls in HTIC by clicking the balloon for a loooooong time so that it can have a great force? The right-hand ground is sticky.

EDIT: Here's a leaderboard. Tongue

Name            Goos    Moves   Goal    OCD     Total
Peter B         16      14      34      24      88
DaftasBrush     1       2       9       18      30
Other players   6       9       1       2       18
Pavke           1       5       3       2       11
Kopa            2       5                       7
dwerdwer        4       1                       5
LTumbleweed     2       3                       5
DEFE                    3                       3
naveed_rizvi            1               1       2
goomatz         2                               2
thB                     1                       1
Cycl4Mate               1                       1
Marius                  1                       1
Total           34      46      47      47      174

The following records do not count.
Goos:   Going Up, Regurgitation Pumping Station, Beauty School, Leap Hole, Volcanic Percolator Day Spa, The Red Carpet, Super Fuse Challenge Time, Incineration Destination, Product Launcher, Alice and Bob and the Third Party, MOM's Computer, Deliverance, Observatory Observation Station
Moves:  Going Up

By the way, @dwerdwer said he is the first person who found how to get 28 balls in Road Blocks.

I've been researching. Hat Glasses

Chain max goo: Kopa

Welcoming Unit max goo: Matthew Richardson or Pavke

Volcanic Percolator Spa Day least move: Lagmastersam (other player)

Whistler least move: Pavke

Beauty And The Electric Tentacle least move: Marius

Burning Man least moves: Lagmastersam

Second Hand Smoke least move: Kopa

Second Hand Smoke least OCD time: Pavke gave the idea of this being completed in 10 seconds OCD to Kopa, so it might be Pavke

Water Lock least moves: LTumbleweed

Product Launcher least moves: Tumbleweed wanted to try it but didn't know what to do so he posted a 2 moves video. 1 year later he posted the 1 move but 1 move was already done by Aluxiouse and holds the record.

Graphic Processing Unit max goo: Dwerdwer

Road Blocks max goo: Dwerdwer

Graceful Failure least moves: LTumbleweed

Deliverance least moves: Pavke

Observatory Observation Station Least time: Kopa

Thats all the levels with no names, hope it helped. Smile

@peter, Thanks, I was going to copy DaB's tower next but didn't know what to do. Thanks to your new tower I figured it out. Smile

Also, Lagmastersam is a good player (not as good as Peter,Pavke,DaB or Kopa). But he is good than a average player.

Edit: @mygod, You counted some levels which can not have records. for example,Beauty school,going up, VPSD max goos don't have a record.

My Profile

Okay. I will ask @dwerdwer about these and update the table soon. Smile

EDIT: He is not sure about those two you mentioned. But I found his video was uploaded earlier than the one on wogfan channel. GPU 21 balls Welcoming Unit 92 balls

In the 21 goo graphic processing unit video it is said it was based on his start so he owns that record. Whichever video is faster will count as the record. If Dwerdwer got it first than he has that record also. But if Pavke for 92 before him and didn't made the video, Pavke owns welcoming unit record. Its kinda mixed up.

Edit: Okay the earliest 92 goo video is this

I also found dwerdwer didn't own this record, he heard 92 is possible in this level.

My Profile

Yes.

Hey! Is OOS 4 moves possible? http://i.imgur.com/I8LN0b3.png

If 4 fish have enough power to lift it off than yes.

My Profile

I wonder if it is possible to detach 3 more goo balls in HTIC by clicking the balloon for a loooooong time so that it can have a great force? The right-hand ground is sticky.

I tested that out while working on the recent 64 record. The main problems are the pipe in the way (so wont be able to pause the balloon on a strand) and the structure bending to one side and sticking while ripping them off. So, I cant see it working.

I've been researching

What was your main source for all of those? How'd you find them.

I was going to copy DaB's tower next but didn't know what to do. Thanks to your new tower I figured it out.

So you're going to start copying now, thats unacceptable Wink Anyway, good luck with it; its a nice easy build and can get some serious height (maybe record breaking). If you need any help building it, just ask.

Hey! Is OOS 4 moves possible?

Its possible to get the break up with only 2 fish, but it wouldn't work. That island part needs to go almost horizontal for the trick to work properly. Also, the less fish you use, the less pull you'll get, so it wont work. I think 6 is the minimum.

Peter B wrote:
What was your main source for all of those? How'd you find them.

Youtube videos,when they were uploaded,video description,youtube and goofans comments,video quality and when they joined wogfan.(which means DaB didn't join while those records were made)

Peter B wrote:
So you're going to start copying now, thats unacceptable Wink Anyway, good luck with it; its a nice easy build and can get some serious height (maybe record breaking). If you need any help building it, just ask.

I'm not a great tower builder, I have to see a few towers to get some ideas.
I copied it, but it was unstable and fell down when it reached 28 meters. It must because of my way of building and not backing up my profile. Tongue Thanks though.

Fisty's Bog 21 goo and upper shaft 58 goo is still open for you peter.

I noticed I can't find levels to get my goo counts up. I've been trying infesty and blustery day but no luck. Sad

My Profile