New Records

1835 replies [Last post]

Yeah but I cant watch youtube.

My Profile

Post a screenshot of what it says when you go to youtube. Can you not watch videos or go to the site in general.

LTumbleweed: I think YouTube is completely blocked in some countries. I know China is blocked, for one.

@Tumbleweed, http://oi50.tinypic.com/24q8nq8.jpg

@MOM, Yes youtube is blocked in my country and i hope it gets unblocked soon.

My Profile

It also doesn't work.

I gave up on youtube for now.

Anyone have anymore idea for records?

Edit:The red carpet can be done faster if you make a line instead of that structure I think.

My Profile

Hi for over!!!!!

http://gyazo.com/5fabfefd203f2ec682e3c1fd2ae60d4d

Can you see what I'm trying to do here, if so it should lead to alot more goo's.

Yeah more should be possible,just I never got the structure down to the spikes even with the Fast-clicked balloon on the structure.I'll try it again.

My Profile

Ok I spent 35+ mins on getting that structure to the spikes but it still didn't work.Since peter wont do it I'll have to leave it to Goomatz

Also,700th comment SmileLaughing out loud Big smile Wink

My Profile

35+ minutes is nothing. I spent 2 hours clicking balloons on fisty's bog, several times Sad

I should have a TAS version of burning man soon. I've given up setting records with this bug lol

Yes, 35+ is nothing. Collecting 40 in burning man tooked me 12 hours. Though most of the time was used to learn the fast clicking bug.
For now I won't try to beat the burning man ball record. Nor any other one.
Naveed if you want a balls collected record, I think that's your chance. Just be more tenacious. Wink

@Tumbleweed,I dont see whats the problem with doing the fast-click bug,it takes me 2 mins to make my balloon as strong as peters.You cant do it because your hand hurts or anything?

@Goomatz,*hopes to get a time machine*.

Also,on Whistler there are 42 balls there,so Pavke didn't get the max go yet I think.

I think I'll move on the shaking bug because that is easy,line whacking too if I can.

My Profile

This should be possible. http://oi46.tinypic.com/5k4ism.jpg

If you fast-click that ivy and make it really strong (but should be possible to reach the pipe) you can pull out the common goo ball on the roof.I know ivy can be speed-clicked because I tried it on another level.

My Profile

Getting the fast click bug with an Ivy is hard. And the fast clicked balls tend to vanish when they are climbing on the breaking strand.

Couldn't hurt to try though.I don't find any other way to break that strand.

Edit:For some reason youtube works on my sister's mobile.I can watch videos now but the screen is too small. Smile Sad

My Profile

So it is just because something is wrong with your computer. Wink

Mygod: Not really. It just means that naveed_rizvi's sister's phone has a different ISP than the one his computer has. I'm actually surprised that her phone would be able to get YouTube at all. So that's kinda cool.

LTumbleweed wrote:

If it can't be done the other way this is the alternative. I like it, it's funky.

It should be possible.So you do the same thing with the triangle and left with a line?If so 17 is possible.

My Profile

So, I see no ones set any new records. That fistys bog one seemed simple enough. Did you have a go Nav?

I see buck's back with a very impressive tower. Do you plan on beating kamals? You're only 2.4 off. Then you can aim to beat mine Smile I reckon a 56 is possible.

PS. Its a shame little inferno turned out to be rubbish, such tedious gameplay. Oh well Sad

I tried it,you need two balloons to break it.One very strong one medium strong.The hard part is you cant make it go across the screen but you can try speed clicking.

Do you remember when you said you couldn't break the strand of upper shaft for 0 move?I saw it and I find it bit easy,just lit on fire than break it.sadly I had a bad luck with getting it on fire.

56 meter is possible,you only used 299 goobals to get to 55 meter. Smile

And found a proxy which let me watch youtube.

My Profile

Peter B wrote:
Its a shame little inferno turned out to be rubbish, such tedious gameplay. Oh well Sad

Don't you be dissing Little Inferno now. The joy is in the journey, you know. Wink

Admittedly, it does get a tad bit repetitive, but it doesn't ruin the game IMO. In fact, I'm pretty positive it's intentional.

EDIT: crap, just realized this is derailing the thread. Everyone pretend this post doesn't exist and carry on talking about new records. Don't mind your absent-minded moderator here.

@nav, Couldn't you just do that 2 balloon trick like in my 20 vid.

Re. upper shaft, I didn't mean I couldn't break it, thats easy. I meant I couldn't snap it off quick enough (after lighting it) so the bomb could fall far enough to explode the walls.

Re. your 40m tower. You need to make the blocks more 'block like' like this, there's no need to point them up in the middle. The problem starts with your first block, you've put the balls at full stretch which is far too high for the side strands, this then screws up your second block etc.

@MOM/Daxar, that was part of the problem, there wasn't enough of a journey. Being stuck looking at the same place for most of the game was a bad idea. They could have made it so we think we'll go through all 7 catalogs, but after about 4 the gameplay changed to having him start burning down different parts of the house bit by bit with some clever fire puzzles until the whole house is ablaze and falls down like in the first trailer . That would have been a lot more fun dont you think?
Gameplay should always come first, everything else is secondary. If you cant get that right, you're screwed! Like if WOG had no story and bad art, you'd still have a fun game.
If his intention was to make boring and annoying gameplay, then he succeeded.
Its not all bad though, the music and art style are great, but not even that can save it. I suppose with everyone getting hyped about it, some people will refuse to admit to themselves that the games just no good.
Dont worry about derailing the thread, you're a mod, you can get away with it Wink

@fred, yes you, hello. I see you're trying my tower design, and you doing a great job. Make sure to keep a save of the tower without the holes in, you may find later that you want to put them in different places. The final bit at the top could be better; with some more practice you could get into the 50s with that tower Smile Dont be afraid to say anything (unless you dont speak english)

Peter B wrote:
some people will refuse to admit to themselves that the games just no good.

That's opinion. Different people enjoy different parts of games more than others. You obviously enjoy challenging gameplay, but for some people they couldn't care less about the mechanics. Personally I think Little Inferno made up for it with the enjoyment of discovery.
I admit that hype was part of it, but I don't think that's a bad thing.

Anyway as MOM said we shouldn't derail this. If we want to talk more about this we should make a new thread.

Peter B wrote:
@nav, Couldn't you just do that 2 balloon trick like in my 20 vid.

No the balloon is to high to do that,your one was low so you could mange it.If you think you can go ahead,I didn't have much luck on your Whack Pack bonus level 3 anyway. Tongue

Peter B wrote:
Re. your 40m tower. You need to make the blocks more 'block like' like this, there's no need to point them up in the middle. The problem starts with your first block, you've put the balls at full stretch which is far too high for the side strands, this then screws up your second block etc.

I'm not going for improvement on that,I wanted to see why all these straight towers are so...straight and stable.This was my second try and finnaly reached 40 meter.I dont want to work on it anymore,I like my own design which makes me go 37 meter.It also shows a tower doesn't need all those things. Smile

Peter B wrote:
@fred, yes you, hello. I see you're trying my tower design, and you doing a great job. Make sure to keep a save of the tower without the holes in, you may find later that you want to put them in different places. The final bit at the top could be better; with some more practice you could get into the 50s with that tower Smile Dont be afraid to say anything (unless you dont speak english)

Yep his doing a great a job.If you could do the final rush properly in the last tower I say it would reach 45 meter to get you in top 10. Smile It just occurred to me that your 55 meter tower design and OMON's 48 meter tower deign is quiet the same.I thought about copying it but I find it too hard to make those straight towers.

One last thing,do you think Ode to Bridge Builder OCD can be done faster with line kicking? (I still hate kicking lines. Tongue )

My Profile

Peter, thanks! Unfortunately I don't plan on trying a taller tower soon, it took a long time to build and I want to try something else for awhile Smile

Everyone, good luck on your records.

nav wrote:
No the balloon is to high to do that,your one was low so you could mange it.If you think you can go ahead

In weeds tas vid it didnt look too high, I might have a go.
nav wrote:
It also shows a tower doesn't need all those things.

This tower I made shows that, its just a simple stack, but it was very unstable. Putting blocks up the middle of a tower helps steady it.
nav wrote:
It just occurred to me that your 55 meter tower design and OMON's 48 meter tower deign is quiet the same

Its more similar to kamals really, as they both use the block technique. The holes are just in different spots. Mine's made up of just the side bits.
nav wrote:
One last thing,do you think Ode to Bridge Builder OCD can be done faster with line kicking?

Probably, but who's going to try it? Wink

@buck, just say no if you want, but, could I have a copy of that tower just before the final rush bit. I'd like to see if I could improve on it. Obviously I wouldnt upload it as mine or anything, you'd be able to tell anyway. I may be able to help you get higher.

*cough* You are.

Tower of Goo can be done in 8 move I think doing the 5 move strat from small divide.

And on Bulltin board I dont think 16 is possible,17 is only.

I'm looking for a improvement on my tower so I can start the final rush at 35 meter but I get low on goos.

My Profile

*cough* no I'm not Smile

As we know, the problem with tower of goo is just how high its got to be kicked. My mouse is knackered through playing WOG, so I cant get as much power in the kicks any more.

@Peter B: What's your email (or, suggest an alternative I could use). I have little doubt you could improve on it...