New Records

1835 replies [Last post]

@Peter, Do you know any easy way of kicking?I only was able to kick a line with a bone in misty's.The main two reasons of not able to kick a line is how unexpected it comes and I lose goos while throwing it.My highest was about 10 meter in tower of goo.Or maybe the lack of speed trying to throw a goo.

@Buck, Nice tower! Smile You dont think the strand part in the grounds can be taken off to make it higher?I certainly think its possible.It may even break Peter's one maybe. Smile

My Profile

Sent it to: (edit: removed)

Quote:
I have little doubt you could improve on it...

We'll see about that Smile

@nav, there isnt really an easy way, you just have to practice a lot. Most of the time I failed, you need a bit of luck as well.

Naveed, thank you, and thanks for the suggestion. I tried it and the tower starts to do the splits although it doesn't immediately go unstable. It becomes of question of if you can shepard or throw the extra balls up fast enough and place them (while dealing with the normal instability that occurs at that height) before the split angle becomes untenable. Sortof a Super Fuse Challenge Time redux (and that level was hard!) If I was a faster finisher (like, "Peter B" fast) I could maybe take some advantage of this. But ohhh what a pain it would be, and I still couldn't take the #2 slot (I'd need to reinforce the top as well) so I gotta be happy with the height I have Smile

Edit: mailed the profile.

You could try the flying-triangle trick peter and kamal used,but you need 1 more goo and the the triangle to beat kamal.You could also try increasing the height of the base of final rush.

My Profile

@naveed_rizvi a lesson in kicking from the guy who did tower of goo 102 first.

Basically it's more about rhythm more than anything, you dont aim for the line, you assume the line is going to be there when you hit it next. Keeping a nice straight wrist helps as well. You should probably start by kicking ivy lines as they are the easiest and move on to something like small divide.

I did ivy and albonio lines and it works fine,problem is the common line.I'll try tower of goo 102,if that works I have an idea of practicing another line kicking.

Edit:It worked Smile .I also found road blocks can be done in 4 moves with line kicking.(though its not a new record,but good level to practice line kicking)

My Profile

well it took me 3 weeks of trying to do that first kick to the line, but after that i could do it several times an hour.

edit heres the video showing it....

For anyone who's interested, the best I could do with buck's tower was 54.592. I'm pretty sure 55 can be reached, but it'll be very difficult.

Here's the best two I did:

Edit: @weed, I did mention this a few months back, Kopa now has 7 records so the WOGFan site needs updating.

Tower of Goo 11 moves. (My first record also) http://oi45.tinypic.com/55qln5.jpg

I need another screen recorder to record the video. Smile

My Profile

I've updatecd the WOGFan site, also congratulations are in order. Doesn't it feel good breaking a record.

It does. Smile

8 move is still possible though.

My Profile

Fraps is probably the best solution if you can afford it.

You're really getting good now nav, thats a great first record Smile Make sure you record it next time. Its funny that you did it in 44 sec, the same as my 12, must be a magic number Wink

When you're finished with TOG you can have a go at Ode, that can definitely be done in 7 moves.

I tried Ode,problem was I cant get the same distance to do it and if I did mange I always get the line to get stuck at the edge of the second hill.

My zd recorder timed out so I cant record anymore videos and I cant buy fraps.I was trying Bandicam but it goes dark when world of goo goes full screen.I'll look into another one.

My Profile

For a non-hardware-accelerated recorder, Microsoft Expression Encoder has a fairly high quality. The trial version has a 10-minute cap, but that's not too difficult to work with.

You can also try http://www.pixelprospector.com/the-big-list-of-screenrecording-software-... if you're not sure where to look for other screen-recording programs.

By the way, if you're having trouble with recorders not working when the game goes fullscreen, you can always use Alt-Enter to toggle fullscreen, or set it to windowed in your config.txt.

Bandicam and Hypercam 2 works if I use Alt-Enter,though in Hypercam 2 it records it but without sound and shows the video in a corner.I'll try Microsoft Expression Encoder.

Edit:Didn't work Sad .I'll try the list.

My Profile

what operating system are you running, if it records with no sound you may have no stereo mix option. If so you'll need a program like virtual audio cable to fix it.

@nav, I did once give a link to get fraps, you should have got it before it was taken down. Anyway, if you give me your email I'll send the program to you.

I saw fraps but as i said it only records 30 seconds so i have to do 11 moves and get 25 goo balls in 30 or under.

email is kinda hard because yahoo wont let me go to my account (i think for the date of birth).I used my sister's email instead but dont think she'll be interested in this on telling this.I'm available at IRC web chat though.

This is what you need to do for the 11 move though.

My Profile

I'm going to give you the full version. Just make a new google account and use that.

You can try MODEDIT: removed

Should work with that.

My Profile

You can delete the email from your post now, I've got it.
Gmail wouldnt send it so I'll try another.

Edit: you should have it now. Let me know if it worked.

Peter B, if you're going to distribute illegal copies of software, please don't broadcast it here. Once my university got sued for hosting content like that.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

@Peter,It worked and I can record now.Thanks. Smile

@AP,His not doing anything like that,he just helped on how to record my video.Thats all

Edit: I got Chain 0 moves in video,still working on Tower of Goo.

Edit2: Do you think this can break the 7 second record?

My Profile

@AP, I understand your concern, but nav really needed a recorder seeing as he's the new record breaker (and my replacement).

@nav, good to hear it worked, do you have any slowdown because of it? That can really hamper any line kicking.
Is it possible for you make a youtube account and upload the vids to that, then they could be played from the WOGFan site and also add them to the playlists on wogfan youtube.
That road block vid is very impressive, I'm not sure if it'll be faster though, 3 seconds is a lot to take off. You're just going to have to keep trying it.

Can you upload videos to youtube if its blocked? I can make an account but it has to show i'm 18 age or higher.I dont think I can make a youtube account as I cant log-in my new gmail account.

I have slow down.It is impossible to kick that line up while I have a recorder on,still trying though.

My Profile

Quote:
Can you upload videos to youtube if its blocked?

I dont know, try it! Say you're 18. Forget about the gmail account, you dont need that, just try and get a vid uploaded.

For the slowdown, try lowering the settings on the graphics card. Like on NVIDIA, you'd change it from Quality to Performance.
Have Fraps set to 60fps, any lower will affect the games framerate (at least it does on mine)

For uploading a video you need a account. (Edit: I got my account working,uploading video's now)

And I dont have a graphics card.(yet)

Also I got 11 moves on Tower of Goo in video (had to set fraps at 50 fps)

Edit: I got an easier way of getting 2 moves in regurgiation pumping system,I recorded it also. (The difference is it can be finished in less than a minute)

My Profile

Tower of Goo (sorry of its shakiness,didn't know it would happen when youtube said to fix the shaking)

My Profile

Great, you're up and running. I'll update WOGFan with it.
It would be good if you could get rid of that shaking somehow, if youtube doesnt let you then you should reupload it.

@buck, I'm just letting you know that the gmail account you used to send the pers2 has now been deleted.
Have you tried to get higher yet?