how to get picture of a level ( while in play )

20 replies [Last post]

i don't have a picture of my level that i want to upload
and i cant capture any picture with my screen capture
how did you guys capture the picture Crying

All my addin | I love you World of Goo!

There should be a printscreen key on your keyboard, press that then paste into paint & save.

Indeed, as Peter B said. It's often abbreviated to PrtScn or something similar, and if you're using a laptop you might have to hold down the Fn button.

okay i will try it!
its a blank.... again Crying
print screen works with other things but when
i used it to capture WOG it always become black only

Try Pressing and holding alt while you press it.

thank you but it stil dosent work

okey i reapet it again:
press ctrl+alt+prtsc*
or
press alt+prtsc*

prtsc= print screen

or maybe you guys know how to minimize WOG?

Ah, yeah sometimes fullscreen applications don't printscreen properly. Press Alt-Enter to toggle fullscreen/windowed modes. When windowed, it should capture screenshots properly, if it isn't capturing them right fullscreen.

By the way, the "Edit" button is there for a reason. Please edit your previous posts rather than double-posting. If someone else responds, make a new post, of course. Thanks! I merged all 3 posts into one.

yea thank you to merge two of my post, the other one is a mistake click
oh yea thank you for the info too

after a little while.....

yay it work, thank you everyone

You're probably using Windows 7 with Aero enabled.
There're two ways to solve this problem since I had the same problem:

1. As MOM4Evr said, try to switch to the window mode by using Alt+Enter and then make a screenshot with tools like PrintScreen key.
  2. Right click on your desktop and press Personalize and change the theme to the Windows 7 Basic and you can make a screenshot now.

These solutions are also usable when you want to make a video on Windows 7. Wink

yes you are right I'm using win7 and its aero
thank you for the information

goo23 wrote:
i used it to capture WOG it always become black only

That's what happens to me sometimes - just keep on trying and it should work - if it still don't work then best way is to press Print Screen about 5 times so it finally captures the image and on paint.NET or whatever you use e.g. Gimp then paste there by pressing Ctrl (Control) + V

Wiki, the problem has been solved, so please don't post saying that you have to press the button repeatedly, because that won't solve the problem. If it doesn't work when you hit it once, it won't work if you hit it more than once. Wink

It will - it worked for me believe - I once pressed Print Screen for 1 time and it shows me black window - I go back to level then fastly press it about 5 times and it shows the image so you cannot tell me it doesn't work - I believe in what I see Wink

thank you but it unfortunately doesn't work with my computer.

There may be some computer problem or the button is broken in that case.

No, wiki, it just means it doesn't work. Like I said. Wink Maybe you aren't pressing the key fully down the first time, but it's highly improbable that pressing the key more than once will change anything.

Well it probably is that my laptop is kinda glitchy so that could be the problem for me Puzzled

I think it is something about the persistence of vision. Maybe Aero makes it refresh more often but you didn't notice. So if you are lucky you can also get the image. (or maybe your computer is slow?)
I've noticed that it is impossible for me to get any images of those games that uses fullscreen DirectX on Windows 7 with Aero enabled. So is the World of Goo.

You can use Snagit.

uh, this is an old thread i think the person in question either gave up, figured it out, or had someone else do it for them.

-_-

Indeed. Lock.