Moving Custom-made Levels into a Different Chapter

24 replies [Last post]

Yeah, I want to move my Official Metal Levels into a different Chapter. Goosweek had moved his/her levels to chapter five. But how do I move my levels into a different chapter? Teach me how.

- inwog

EVERYTHING AMAZING BY INWOG

inwog, publisher of 407 World of Goo levels since 2009-2015

I used merge folder in goomod.

Step 1: I needed to add level names and subtitles (LEVEL_NAME_levelfolder, and LEVEL_TEXT_levelfolder). It was just text.xml.

Step 2: I added level declarations to merge/res/islands/island5.xml.xsl file. It was something like old way to adding texts.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<xsl:transform version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">

<!-- Copy everything not matched by another rule -->
  <xsl:template match="* | comment()">
    <xsl:copy>
      <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
      <xsl:apply-templates/>
    </xsl:copy>
  </xsl:template>

<!-- Append new levels -->
  <xsl:template match="/island">

<!-- place for new levels declarations looking like: -->
  <level id="ExperimentalLevel1" name="LEVEL_NAME_EXPERIMENTALLEVEL1" text="LEVEL_TEXT_EXPERIMENTALLEVEL1" ocd="balls,31"/>
  <level id="ExperimentalLevel2" depends="ExperimentalLevel1" name="LEVEL_NAME_EXPERIMENTALLEVEL2" text="LEVEL_TEXT_EXPERIMENTALLEVEL2" ocd="balls,35"/>

<!-- etc. -->

</xsl:transform>

Step 3: How to add levelbuttons to island? I need to use WoG Editor (old version (about 6.2), because of OCD flag id). I duplicated original island. With copy-paste I duplicate original levelbuttons and OCD flags. I moved this new objects to final places. Then I changed every "ObservatoryObservationStation" in ids and onclicks into my own levels ids. It was a lot of work. SAVE!

Step 4: With GooTool I decode MYisland5.scene.bin file. At the end of .xml file I found new buttons and flags. Ctr-C! I put buttons and flags into special file merge/res/levels/island5/island5.scene.xsl. And:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<xsl:transform version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
<!-- Copyroght by Goosweek's Goomods Factory -->

<xsl:template match="* | comment()">

<!-- Copy new level-buttons -->
  <xsl:template match="/scene/buttongroup">

<!-- place for new level buttons -->

<!-- Copy new OCD FLAGS -->
  <xsl:template match="/scene">

<!-- place for new OCD flags (or other images) -->

<!-- I have made as far as noone before... -->
</xsl:transform>

And that was the end. Only add it to a goomod with levels.

And this is all...

I was transferring my Goo World Levels to Chapter 3. After I make the goomod, I hit save and launch, but there's an error on my addin and I can't find it.

It says:

IOException in (level name)
Unable to parse document (com.goofans.gootool.W)

Can you help me?

EDIT: Never mind...

EVERYTHING AMAZING BY INWOG

inwog, publisher of 407 World of Goo levels since 2009-2015

I know this bug.
In one of xml, or xsl files is syntax error. Probably somewhere is no />, or ". Watch every file carefuly.

To anyone else thinking of moving chapters, please read this post

ya umm.... that sounds way 2 complicated.... i dont know a single thing about scripts and codes sooo..... i ned help.... i wanna make my levels and put some tht im currentley making into chapter 4 and you must beat the first level to unlock the 2nd and so on and so on.... sooo... plz help! PLZ! i need help or i will die f.. umm.. NO-HELP-TITUS!!!

don't eat goo while swimming after 30 sec before skydiving after eating goo...
if u can read wats up there and understand it.. congratulations! ur not a complete moron! if u dont understand it then read wats under the HHJK
HHJK
it means DONT EAT GOO IN

!IDEA!
how about i publish all my levels that i want to move to chapter 4 and you can add the scripts and put them where i want them 2 go! Laughing out loud Laughing out loud let me make a map of the chapter 4 and ill publish it with my levels
then u do ur coding stuff and put my levels in chapter 4 just were i want em! ill post a comment on here agian saying im done and i published the stuff, ok?

if u can read wats up there and understand it.. congratulations! ur not a complete moron! if u dont understand it then read wats under the HHJK
HHJK
it means DONT EAT GOO IN

did you not read that last post? Next gootool will help with this thingy. Tongue

@lowfn: Be patient. Figure it out yourself or wait for someone else to figure it out, especially when it's planned.

Author of World of Goo Portable. Download here!

awww alright.. the extremley sucky thing is is that i already made an exact replica (took 2 hours!) of the chapter 4 map! Sad
ehhhh... i guess ill wait.. >:(

HHJK
it means DONT EAT GOO IN

ummmm gootool 1.1 is already out

I'm playing Minecraft. My username is theMineMaster2. If you want to see my Cartoony mods updated, then be a Mac user and find a image editing program that isn't confusing for me Smile

We mean the next version, bud. Wink

any help gootool 1.2 is now out (it has been for a while now) but when I try to put my level pixeltrouble into chapter 4 because chapter 4 is also ish themed it keeps saying "no level description found in manifest" Any Help? I had a override folder for adding my levelbutton with OCD flag and a compile folder for adding my level and everything seemed to be A-OK until GooTool brings up the error! And yes I know about XML and how to add levelbuttons although I have not made a level addin from scratch I just copied the format that WooGLE gave me (addin.xml, text.xml, compile>res>levels>pixeltrouble>the three xml.bin files)

I'm playing Minecraft. My username is theMineMaster2. If you want to see my Cartoony mods updated, then be a Mac user and find a image editing program that isn't confusing for me Smile

Ups...
I forgot to tell you that, when you move levels into different chapter,

you need to have MOD ADDIN

, not level addin, because in addin manifest shouldn't be level descriptions.

Watch this manifest from ELP:

<addin spec-version="1.1">
  <id>com.goofans.Goosweek.Experimental</id>
  <name>Experimental Levels Project</name>
  <type>mod</type>
  <version>1.1.0</version>
  <thumbnail type="image/png" width="200" height="154">ELPtitle.png</thumbnail>
  <description>

<!-- here is my addin's desription -->

</description>
  <author>Goosweek</author>
</addin>

what is the image for???

OK, but when I try to get to Chapter 4 it crashes. Fatal Error. Stays at Meanwhile. Not the first time, either... Also, I fixed the "Uncompileable files in compile folder" problem.

Well, without proper help (and permission) you can't exactly move a level to another chapter currently and then publish it.

You should wait for the next gootool, where your problems will be fixed.

Ummm, when that happens then I will just change it back to the version the DOESN'T have the chapter move since GooTool will allow you to INSTANTLY move AND choose where the levelbutton will be. And still, I don't understand why The Goo Worlds were moved when you won't let me..... and why the goo worlds were accepted but not the Metal Levels, or anyone elses except the Experimental Levels Project. Jeez. You guys have a VERY bad restriction here... and I DO NOT like it. +100 Angry

@TheGooMaster

Moderators are not the ones who move levels in and out of different chapters. Since gootool still doesn't support this feature authors can still move them as they wish as long as they know how.
The Goo World were moved because that how author has made them, Metal Levels are plane simple levels addin without the move.

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Try unzipping the Experimentals and seeing how they were moved.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

So it isn't supported because of the hard work and future possibilities of major glitches

Huh?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Sorry, AP, you weren't there for the chat. Here's what I told TGM about putting levels into chapters other than chapter 1:

MOM wrote:

The new levels will merge into the res/islands/[chapter].xml.bin, and the new version of gootool will also modify it, keeping everything correct. If, however, you modify stuff now, and your goomod is installed, it will override the goomods that were installed later, making newbies on the forum post with a zillion errors. It would not be pretty!

But isn't the point of Merge that goomods wouldn't conflict? There aren't problems with lots of new particles, so shouldn't all the level definitions be fine? It seems like the only problem would be overlapping buttons...

I think that AP is right, MOM.