systematically firing goos

26 replies [Last post]

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but

So I'm trying to make a level but for it I need to be able to have boxes shoot goos out every ten seconds or so. I have a box and a force field that fires goos. But It fires them all at once and that isn't good. I tried a rotating block that lets goos out only when it's tilted properly, but it stopped spinning when goos hit it the wrong way. Any suggestion on how I could do that? Thanks.

Sorry again if this is in the wrong place or a stupid question or whatever.

Try a gear with a rotspeed, which has a static Tumbler-like box around it (with a hole). Put a big radialforcefield out from the center. Then the goos are held on the inside of the tumbler thing, until they hit the gap and are launched out. I'll make a demo if you want, I know this is confusing Wink

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

yea, what he said. oh, and welcome to goofans!

I tried that and for the most part it worked. But when the hole is pointing down, the goos all fall out.

Maybe I misunderstood what you said -_-

The idea is that the Tumbler is static, the gear is turning.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Oh, so the two holes have to line up. I see.

Thank you.

You could make a MOM ball which contains e.g. 10 gooballs with a popduration of 100. A new ball will appear evrey 10 seconds after it touches a ballbuster.
You can avoid the MOM ball of getting shot out with antigravity.

What is a MOM ball? Like a beauty goo?

For a gear to start from, look at Momo's Stuck in a Gear.

X-post! Anyway, yes, a beauty is a MOM. So is a ZBombMom, Ugly, Bit, UndeletePill, and UtilGooGlobberMom[Quiet]. Anything that creates new Goos when it dies/pops.

Yes like a BeautyBall
it has a Popduration of 0.25 sec. so all the goos emerge very quick.

EDIT: nevermind

Maybe a higher mass or another material could solve this.
What kind of goos do you want to shoot, do they vary in size?

edit: oh you changed while i was writing Wink

I solved it with a narrower slot for goos to slide onto the gear with and higher mass, but thanks.

Nice Smile
this arouses my curiosity to your level

It doesn't work very well. The gears still stick sometimes, and occasionally the goos don;t fall properly.

Perhaps I should upload it and get advice that way?

Sure! I'll help debug! It might be the RFF, or you might not be using MACHINE.

Thinks goomatz had the right idea... should work perfectly and like "clockwork"

There's a custom goo ball too. Do I have to upload it's file with the level?

If you make the level with WooGLE, it will spot the custom ball, and will ask you if you want to include it in the goomod.

Daft as Brush wrote:
Thinks goomatz had the right idea... should work perfectly and like "clockwork"

Yes it is working fine. I use the MOM ball in my next level for something familiar.
I would help you with it. but i need to know what exactly you want to do.

It's like tower of goo, but auto attaching goos shoot from the sides and attack to your tower, pulling it down.

The things that shoot the goos tend to break or shoot ten goos at once or do that and then break.

Do you want the balls to be shot from the beginnig of your level or at a certain point of gameplay?

How long do you want to shoot the balls?

edit:
Here is my idea.
First the ball:
-Clone the UtilGooGlobberMomQuiet bal with WooBLE.
-change follwing properties to:
-MOM/POP:
-contains="30,YourGoo"
-popduration="300"
-behavior:
-antigraph="10"
-isantigraphattached="true"
-isantigraphunattached="true"
this gives you a ball which "spawns" every 10 seconds one of YourGoo for the time of 5 min. and fall in the opposite direction.

Now the launcher:
-build some kind of tube
-give the bottom of the tube the tag ballbuster
-add a forcefield which shoots the goos (it have to be set antigraph="true")
-add the MomBall into the tube
this gives you a shooter starting to shoot from the beginnig of the level.

I hope this helps you. Glasses

Consistantly throughout the level.

Although it wouldn't be bad if they started when you were level with the shooter and ended a little after you passed it.

Bad Balloon wrote:

Although it wouldn't be bad if they started when you were level with the shooter and ended a little after you passed it.

Maybe you could use something like trap4 from Gotcha
http://goofans.com/developers/world-of-goo-level-editor/reference-guide/...
to start the poping of the MomBall
and it ends after it has "spawned" the number of goo you want to shoot

A big spiky wheel would work, if the evil balls were invulnerable...

Hmm... You could also hinge the ball-shooter area to an invisible spinning wheel like this:
http://goofans.com/download/sample/piston
And have the badball-shooting guns slowly moving up and down, to plaster both sides of the tower with bad goos!