EARTH OF GOO: THE GOOEY PART 2 COMING!!! (FAN MADE!)

91 replies [Last post]

Okay! I know there are millions of people making new versions of the original world of goo game as a sequal: (eg: tacoman13, albinopokey, worldofgoo far lands) But me and my friend are working on something that will be completley different than any yet!! Stayed tuned for EARTH OF GOO: THE GOOEY PART 2! I don't want to spoil what it's about yet because it will ruin the surprise and someone else sneaky on this site might steal the ideas... but I will tell you that it will be:

1.VERY REALISTIC

2.Have a continuation on the original game plot, BUT NOT IN THE WAY YOU EXPECT!! Wink

3. Music composed all by myself! (Except classical pieces like the blue danube waltz which is basicaly public domain cause you hear it everywhere in movies and such!)

4.FIVE TIMES AS MANY LEVELS AS THE ORIGINAL GAME!! (Good luck OCD-ing all of those!)(About 25 average in each chapter)

5. Chapter 5 will be as big as a full chapter and the plot will have twice as many movies for fun and story direction!

So that's about all I'll give away right now, as it gets closer to being done as I update I will start to take specific more direct questions!

So I know you'll start asking questions so fire away now!

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

Just make sure that you don't imply that this is a true sequel. I'd recommend naming it "World of Goo 3rd Dimension (fan made)" just to be clear.

And by the way, just because a song appears in movies doesn't mean it's public domain. Wink I think in this case, the Blue Danube is public domain, but I'd recommend double-checking any music you use. If you can't find anywhere that explicitly states that they're public domain, then they probably aren't.

But anyway, sounds like a cool idea. Looking forward to it. Smile

That seems interesting! Keep us tuned Wink

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

what ever happened to go0-gle's custom chapters?
by the way, i will download WOG3D!!

-_-

I had the idea to make a stereoscopic 3d 4th chapter but I was too lazy

So... Does this "3D dimensional" WOG is ready?

Nope... It's not done yet! But I'll tell you I have at least finished editing the MapWorldView so the main menu screen and intro movie are complete! Now currently editing:

1.Chapter 1 map

2. The levels in chapter 1 (creating new ones!Smile)

3.Images for the game and such (takes a LONG time to do so even with photoshop!)

I'll keep updating as it gets closer to being done!!!

For those wondering, Earth of Goo is still being worked on, but not as often. It will be finished! Check out my website/YouTube www.scarletfury.com !

Have you seen the fan game World of Goo: Land of Ozis?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

No ... what is it? Similar to mine?

I saw a vid...

Could you post a link to the video? Cause now albino has me curious!

OKay! Albino pointed out something very important! The game me and my friend are working on ISN'T ACTUALLY 3D!!! We are still using the regular game engine. If that's what you were expecting, sorry. Sad but it will be 3d in another way however... Wink using real world images! But I don't want to give away any more!

Oh, kinda like WOG: TFR?

Like stereoscopic?

I don't know what steroscopic means but yes if it's what I described.

3D glasses is what it means.

Okay, no not with 3d glasses just real world 3d images like the eiffel tower or such! I don't think I know how to make it with 3d glasses!

Ah, so with photos, no 3D

Well I make a level in 3D with 3ds max, I like this way , because you make all the custom world with your imagination and art. It is alot of work alone, this is not a game in 3D, but the rendering of the scene in many 2D pictures.

Wog with 3d glasses xD I want to see this !

Beginner visual artist

Correction! NOT WITH 3D GLASSES! I might be able to do that someday but this is just with images of our real world not really 3d with glasses! Sigh... I don't want to give away to much more.

DavidC mentioned a way to make a program to view World of Goo in true stereoscopic 3d based on the depth of images, but that he can't because he doesn't have 3d glasses.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

What program is this?

And what kind of 3d glasses does he need? Cause I might have some and he could e-mail me the program for testing it and I'll see if it works! But wait a sec... we're getting way off topic of my post! Should this be a seperate fourum thread?

Weird...There was an addin called Going Up 3d where all this was posted, but it seems to have vanished!

Can you give me the download link for this (even though it's not yet done)? I would love that. And can you make a Mac vesion too?

The world of goo. The goey goo. The cute round goey goey goo.

Ooo... Um... I'm sorry but I don' have the whole thing compiled into one downloadable file yet!.... (I also don't know how to do that yet!) And even if I did right now there would only be 2 new levels at the begining of chapter 1 right now to play the rest aren't done yet... Sorry! Sad I also don't know how to make it work for mac... Is it the same? I Imagine it would be since I'm editing all the original files in the game and adding new ones...? Is that right?

It would be for mac as well, as long as it's in a valid goomod.

Okay. I'll be waiting... But how do you play the game in 3D?

The world of goo. The goey goo. The cute round goey goey goo.

Sigh! Can you please read the comments above? They explain all this confusion about wether it is true actually 3d or with 3rd dimension images from the real world! Smile

Gooballs Of Fire,

If your going to advertise a product, follow some of these tips:

1) First off, DON'T EVER SAY "Steal my/this [object]". Its pretty obvious no one wants their stuff stolen anyway, and if it is up for grabs, people usually add a note saying so.

2) Don't use words that may hurt your game. When you imply "Very realistic", are you suggesting there are different levels of realism, and that this level is exceptionally "realistic"?

(Sorry if I'm crackin down on ya Smile )

3) Don't be confusing. If that is your intention, you are doing it wrong. If you have to explain something, it probably means you didn't post something right, or something reads in a wrong way, like the title.

4) Don't assume. Not in the way we expect? We now expect we have no idea whats it going to be like. Don't use words like "expect". Also, I bet we expect something good from everyone around here.

5) Don't put up something like "I will answer questions" of any sort! If you don't have that up and people still ask questions, you now know that your product is interesting.

Also, after reading the comments, I feel like this game isn't going to be that "great" after I read the description.

Sorry if this is offensive in any way or demoralizing (if it is, that is), people who post things up like this tend to fail in the end.

And this I learned from experience / class.

{p.s: I look forward to playing your stuff, but I can't download any WoG levels)