Autobounds Help

22 replies [Last post]

I've been trying to make a level for Another Planet, but my goomodding skills are a bit rusty and my autobounds refuses to work. Even when I remove all the Goo Balls, I can scroll and see the entire area delimited by minX/minY/maxX/maxY. The books don't have any info on autobounds. Does anyone know why this would happen?

EDIT: And now another problem appeared in older, formerly problemless levels. If I use a big black box to cover up my background in certain parts, it covers the entire screen. Puzzled

EDIT EDIT: The second one was a new bug, it seems. Really big negative depth values glitch the images. But the first one still doesn't make sense. Can anything except Goo Balls affect the autobounds?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I don't think anything else can affect the Autobounds.
Only a gooball can when it is awake.
hmm...
what do you think mom?

I haven't done this in a while (in fact I've rarely used autobounds) but see how it works on a virtually empty level (with just a few images to see where you are). Then you can see if it's a problem with the level or with your WoG/PC.

Also, see if it works outside of testing with WooGLE. That is, as an installed .goomod.

It's a problem with the particular level, and it has the same effect no matter how I launch it. Puzzled

The only things in that area are a pipe and a radial force field. No Goo Balls.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Weird. Are your values for autobounds stranger than normal? If not, just make a new level altogether, I'd say. If the problem still persists, there's something with your positioning of stuff.

I'll post the level so you can look at it. It just doesn't make sense.

EDIT: Now WooGLE won't let me make a goomod because of a custom pipe. Argh.

Okay, here's the download. It's unpublished for the moment.

http://goofans.com/download/sample/dark-gravity-temporary

Make sure no beauties or any other discovering gooballs are outside the autobounds. Normally you shouldn't do anything else than change the value (true/false). I think if any gooballs are out of autobounds, they should be asleep (discovered=false)

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

The thing is, even if I delete all the BallInstances, it still shows the whole level.

But almost all of them are asleep.

Strange indeed, I guess you tried both true an false. Try to take an original level with autobounds and compare.

That's the weird part. My other, very similar level works. But this one doesn't.

By the way, do the autobounds in my Map Contest 2 entry work for you?

EDIT: I'll temp-publish the level so you can look at it if you want. Same link as before.

I see what you mean. It is very strange, I'll have a look at it in WooGLE today.

AFAIK, autobounds when you have no Goo Balls shows the entire level anyway. How large are your minx/miny/maxx/maxy? Could be that it's small enough to see the entire level. Also try a small starting triangle with no other Goo Balls.

/me tests example level...

EDIT: Hmm, I don't see anything immediately out of the ordinary...

This is a very stange business indeed. I had a look at the level in WooGLE, and thought I had found the answer with the gooballs to the right, before noticing that all of their discovered values were false. Then I experimented by removing the triangle of goos, but that didn't work either. I even checked to see if any of your custom balls had an autoboundsunattached value of true, but to no avail.

I would guess that the cause is one of these two things:

1. Your placing of forcefields
  2. The fact that you have "52 child elements with issues" in the Scene tree

The former is pretty unlikely, but I would suggest seeing if correcting all your incomplete SceneLayers does anything.

Other than that, I don't know what could be the problem. This is weird.

It's because you have no balls that are both attached and awake at the start...

So the game can't get a "starting point" for the autobounds.

Try just adding a couple of Common's near the start, and joining them with a strand...
The autobounds starts working just fine!

The WOGFan Team
aka Pavke,LTumbleweed & DaftasBrush ( and Peter B)

WOGFAN The Site | WOGFan YouTube Channel

52 child elements with issue?!

Is there an image missing or something? It works for me.

Ah, and thanks, whoever is posting from the Wogfan team. That should fix it. I'll just hide some Util balls in one of the walls.

WOGFan is back? It's probably Pavke. He came back on the same day.

Or maybe Daft. He's in Minecraft.

Yep. He didn't acknowledge my presence though. Sad

have you seen daft's youtube vids? i think he has WWWAAAAAYYYYYYYY too much minecraft freetime. Tongue

-_-

Albino Pokey wrote:
52 child elements with issue?!

Is there an image missing or something? It works for me.

Well, for some reason WooGLE doesn't like the fact that animdelay is zero. Maybe it's just my PC though, since I don't remember having this problem before, and this is the first time I've used WooGLE on Windows 7 64-bit.

I recently emailed wogfan telling daft to come back, he might have heard me!

If he has the time. Obviously, if he can't, he won't.