levels

30 replies [Last post]

hi, its you know who, IM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!.I have 1 and only 1 question, why can you only play certain levels for mac?
is it because they use real pictures?

I made goomods.

No, it's probably because the addins themselves have problems. If you'll let us know which levels don't work, we'll be more than happy to take a look and fix them.

And what do you mean "real" pictures?

like the empirie state bilding

I made goomods.

i think all images would work, i don't see how not. Unless your computer is broken, like mine right now.

-_-

its not broken.

I made goomods.

OH. You mean the ones using the ThB JPEG Hack?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

AP, I think he just means "real" pictures as in "not knowing much about computers." ;P

I think what gooey goo is trying to say and not actually saying is that he's using the Demo version of World of Goo and not every custom-made level works because of this.

Am I right, gooey goo? If not, then actually say something other than a single sentence to describe a problem. This isn't an IM channel where everything you type has to be fast and stupid and to the point. This is a forum. You post long, descriptive posts if you have problems or you'll never get helped because nobody knows what the cucumber you're talking about. Got it?

I have full-verision

I made goomods.

MOM4Evr wrote:
If not, then actually say something other than a single sentence to describe a problem. This isn't an IM channel where everything you type has to be fast and stupid and to the point. This is a forum. You post long, descriptive posts if you have problems or you'll never get helped because nobody knows what the cucumber you're talking about. Got it?

Apparently not Laughing out loud

ok Puzzled. i'll try not to write stupid stuff

I made goomods.

Then could you please try to describe what you're trying to say in as many words as possible? We're willing to help if we can understand the problem you're having.

Don't be too impatient with the newbies, MOM.

Anyway, Gooey Goo, would you mind telling us the names of the addins that don't work? I think the problem would be if they used an old hack to make the files smaller (since images from cameras are generally big), and it doesn't work right on Mac computers.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

O.K.I tried hany's mod "the far lands" and the gootool said that I had to check java lang inspection

this happened a few times.

I made goomods.

Could you give the exact error, word-for-word?

something a bit like "null (java.lang.nullpointerexpection)".

I made goomods.

MOM4Evr wrote:
THE EXACT ERROR

yes master

I made goomods.

By "exact error" I mean write the entire text box's contents.

And also, no need to shout. We can hear you just fine without caps and exclamation points.

since when did I say "yes master" because I did'nt write to you.

I made goomods.

I'm suggesting that that's what your response should be. Tongue

O.K.

I made goomods.

P.S.
you are not going to delete my stuff.

I made goomods.

P.S. Stop double-posting, as I said. Wink

P.S.stop locking my froums
its getting on my nerves.

I made goomods.

I'll stop locking them if you stop making them for no reason, as I said. Wink

Let's get back on topic. I know that error.

The exception is being thrown by the png binltl creator, when it tries to conver an image that's too large. It's pretty well-known in Far Lands and Time for Real.

Gooey Goo, try these steps:
- Install Goosweek's Experimental Levels
- Install this
- Test, see if it fails.

results...
png levels=sucsess
goosweek=fail

I made goomods.

Okay. Now I know the problem.

You are trying to install levels that have ENORMOUS, scaled-down images in them. This causes GooTool's PNG converter to silently fail, which screws up the GooMod installation later (hence the error). You should get the same error if you try to install the Windows version of the PNG tester.

I thought the error had been fixed in Goosweek's levels, which are now JUST below the limit. Maybe your system can't handle it because it doesn't have enough memory to go all the way to that limit, so it tries to access memory that isn't there, which might cause a Null Pointer Exception (I would think it would be an Out of Memory Exception or a Segmentation Fault, though).

There's only one thing we can do now.
Yell "DavidC?" and hope that he can figure out the problem.

DavidC?

no, say it like this: DAVIDC, WE NEED YOU PLEASE!!!!!

-_-