Portal 2

26 replies [Last post]

This is the forum topic for all off-topic discussion about Portal 2.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

YES!
Actually, I'm not gonna buy it, being the tightwad that I am, but it looks fun. And very clever. If it was indie, I'd probably buy it.

DIZ IZ GUD DISCUSSION! NEEDZ MOAR SANDVICH THOUGH!

...wait, wrong valve game, right? Tongue

This game sounds worth it from everyone I've heard, but I'm going with MOM on this one. Ima waitin till the price drops... And then spending whatever I have in my pocket on it. Wink

MOM4Evr wrote:
YES!
Actually, I'm not gonna buy it, being the tightwad that I am, but it looks fun. And very clever. If it was indie, I'd probably buy it.

Well, technically Valve is indie! Portal 2 (and any other game from Valve) was developed by a company that is independent from game publishers. Smile
Valve is really indie. But the company is so large now that everybody thinks it isn't
What would happened if Notch invested all his $30 million in future projects... in 10 years time would he still be indie? Smile

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

If you get it now though, you can get Portal 1 for a really small price! Of course, most people already have Portal 1 if they're buying Portal 2. Smile

I think that you NEED to be able to craft some of those Turrets in Minecraft. Something like the dispenser recipe with Iron instead of Cobble.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Albino Pokey wrote:
You also got Portal 2? It's so addicting! Smile
Have you gotten past the Turret Production Lines?

Pavke wrote:
Yeah, got passed that. Finnish Single and Co-op Campaigns, got all achievements... ~40 hours of Portal 2 gameplay total + countless of hours of gameplay on Potato Games and ARG work Laughing out loud

Albino Pokey wrote:
Wow! I've only been able to play for 3 hours so far...
Sorry about that, let's get back on topic.

Oh and there is already a leaked DLC... but it looks only Razer Hydra buyers can play it...

What's DLC?

I finished single and co-op too. It's easier than the first.
I love the sense of humor in the game.

I bought it for PS3, the cool thing: it´s multiplatform.
Another nice thing: I got a free steam version for pc/mac with it. The bad thing about it, I have to create a steam acount with the playstation before I can play with pc. And the PS-network is down. Sad

Who want's to play co-op, when PSn is online again?

DLC is "DownLoadable (extra) Content" like a mini expansion that you'll often have to pay to play. See it here

And why is creating Steam account a bad thing? I use to think so but now I see I was wrong...

I would like to play some co-op, send me your Steam ID when you create one Wink

The extra content looks cool.

Oups, I didn't meant to say creating a steam account is bad. Oups
I meant, I have to do it with the Playstation and I can't because the Playstation network is broken. That's bad.
I will give you my steam account when the network is repared.

I want to buy portal 1 first but portal 2 is on my wish a list!

get my first theme here:
http://goofans.com/download/theme/ivygreen
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

Ok, PSN is up again.Smile
Who wants to play co-op? Add me as friend.
My steam ID is: matz-o-matic

play station now start hacking! Tongue

get my first theme here:
http://goofans.com/download/theme/ivygreen
it is called ivygreen
"SAVE THE WHALES
COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!"

Argh...my computer with Portal 2 on it just crashed. Sad

I hope I can get it working again soon

Oh no. Thats bad.Sad
Did you get my invitation as friend?
I hope we can play co-op soon.

This DLC was just announced today! Pavke, where did you get the video? Do you work for Valve or something?

Pssst, don't tell anyone Pokey, thats why I have been away for so long Wink

REALLY?! Then do you know when Episode 3 is coming out?

Wink

Just kidding, I don't really work for Valve Laughing out loud I'm just very well informed. I heard something about late next year

I know you don't, because you'd have to live in the USA and therefore be able to use PayPal to buy World of Goo stuff.

But where did you hear about it?

And are you on MyApertureLabs or ThinkingWithPortals?

oh no, its a very different developers forum. heard it in December 2010...

But are you on either of those sites? If so, what is your username?

Oh! Portal 2! If anyone wants to play coop with me, my steam ID is: skyborg78
BTW there is a new DLC for Portal 2 aimed for this summer, I home Pneumatic Diversity Vents will be included!!! Can't wait!!!

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

Mine's FelixGriffin.

Do you have it on PC?

Yup! But I don't think that matters

It means you can play custom levels, and get more stuff in Robot Enrichment.

I don't buy robot enrichment, that stuff is purely cosmetic. Though I do download custom levels, I tried to map some, but for now, that stuff is too complicated for my 2D brain!

I like mapping and modding, but I can't program in Squirrel.

I'm working on a level with ten (10) custom Personality Spheres, each building test chambers.