Ban repeal for minecraft server

43 replies [Last post]

I was playing in the minecraft server but then I had to go afk. When I returned I saw The Ban Hammer has spoken! I want to know why I was banned. Also I want to be unbanned cause I know there is no reason.

Well, there is the minor reason that you griefed James' entire hotel.

Speaking of which, I went on the other day, and the inn was also griefed.

THE BANHAMMER...

http://i53.tinypic.com/8z419j.png

also check out the new grass brush I made (and used for that picture) Laughing out loud

That's just plain awesome. And nice grass brush.

Wow, I'm impressed. Laughing out loud

saved image.

-_-

Could I have that brush? I've been looking for smoke and grass brushes.

I like the pic, and we should totally put that on the "Minecraft Server" page under "Griefing". Smile

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

NEVAR! ITS SECRETS MUST NOT BE REVE ok yea sure hold on... just need to figure out how...

Come to my art collection thread when its updated, i'll have it there as well as the settings to make it actually work (because if you don't put some things on, it looks too weird)

Umm I didn't grief the hotel and most of u just posted random stuff lol. If u really think i did do it then plz give me proof.

speaking of randomness, what is the most random thing you ever heard on this site?

-_-

and no, don't say the comment above.

-_-

How did you grief the hotel? It's protected!

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I didn't grief the hotel....

speaking of randomness, what

speaking of randomness, what is the most random thing you ever heard on this site?

kirdneh

The most random thing is this....... BLARG!!!!

OK, some evidence for you, since you won't just come out and admit it:

-The area named "star" that you had James protect has one chest of cobblestone (The exact amount James used to build the castle), beds, signposts, and doors in the chests. Quite a lot of them. I can't think of any other plausible source for so many.
-James and I noticed you spawn a diamond sword. Hax.
-You talked about Team Avo, a griefing team I had never heard of. You spoke in such glowing terms that I could tell you were a fan. The hotel was griefed in their style.
-You were online at the time of the griefing. I have records of who logs on when, and http://mc.goofans.com/map updates once daily or so. At around the same time the hotel was being destroyed (which I could tell from the map), you were online. Your pal m0v0nage may have been too; I can't remember. The other people who were online at the time are people I trust completely.
-You exclaimed TWICE over what happened to the hotel, when you could have had NO IDEA IT WAS THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.
-You acted ridiculously suspicious. From trying to hide items in your inventory from me that may have looked too valuable, to following me around constantly and acting like a n00b. Which I could tell you weren't by your knowledge of WorldEdit and common Bukkit commands.
-You had three brown wool in your inventory. I even asked you about it; you fell for the bait and said that you found a sheep. YOU HAD NO SHEARS. Sheep, when killed without shears, drop one wool. You found the wool in someone else's chest (who had used shears) and stole it. I don't see another possibility that's as feasible. Sure, you could have dropped shears you just made, but why?
-Your inventory wasn't full of items that new people usually use, anyway. No pickaxe? Bones? How would you get bones without a simple sword? And how could you get a diamond sword right after dying when you had no diamonds?
-I pretended to be afk more than once. Every time I did, you tried to kill me. Once you pushed me into water, and once you tried suffocating me in sand. Not something an innocent Minecraft user would try to do.

So there you have it. Enjoy your ban. You're not convincing me that you're innocent just by saying you are. Wink

EDIT: I just took a look in the "star" chests again, and the materials in them match what was in the hotel exactly. I also found a pair of shears that had never been used. And not enough wool or leaves to justify using an entire pair.
I also found some sugarcane, and I found the spot you griefed it from.

So if all you're going to do is plead your innocence without evidence, I'll ban you from this site as well. You'd better have some REAL good answers for me to believe any word you say.

@AP: He didn't grief the one room that was protected, just covered it up.

Your a lot smarter than I first anticipated. But you have some flaws in your evidence. First, the swords and diamond stuff came from very nice people giving me 9 diamodn blocks and 64 diamonds. That was not from grief. The bones were collected at many occations, including those when i had a fight to the death with 5 skeles. The wool was not stolen it was griefed. There were 5 wools near a house looking thing across the bridge, it looked stupid and little so I took it. And the killing you part, I knew you had god, I do this to every mod on every server, including mine. m0v0nage origanially came to grief but didn't help me. He IS innocent. And the wool u said i had no sheers they could have been broken. You were right specifically on one part. I am a fan of Team Avo. Especially since that I was using the same griefing client. When I was following you around thats because I got bored from griefing so much... Also the exclaiming over the hotel, I would have known it was there since it was near spawn :3. So yes enjoy my grief and I shall enjoy my ban. Have a nice day.

With love and much effection (for being smarticals)
sstarnes3

Grief list:
James's Hotel
Small house
Medium-small floating house
Bridge connecting to Medium-small floating house
5 random wool
redstone in the rails
Some random guy's house (underground and underwater)

How to protect from Mayhem like me:
Look up big brother on bukkit plugin list,
Click the one that is the alternative to bigbrother,
(Big brother isn't updated)
This is a logging system that will protect you from Mayhem like me.

Well played, sstarnes3, well played.

Kudos, however, for taking down the castle for me. I need it taken down because no one used it, and thus it had no purpose. I can now build something of more importance there! Thanks for the greif, it gave me something to do. Tongue

I guess this forum topic can be locked, and if you feel it, sstarnes3 CAN be banned from the forums as well. Hugs, and good luck sstarnes3 on trolling and finding your happiness in the ragequit of others. Smile

wait don't go away

"Bridge leading to medium-small floating house".

I didn't know there was another one of those. Whose was it?

It sounds like my house, but I just checked and nothing was touched. It seems like the Viaduct protection held.

I've found that the best way to protect against griefers is to hide blockbreaking traps in the walls. One person I know is a griefer, and I hid some of those on another server. He broke down the wall and it dumped lava on his head, waited until he died, then cleaned it up and repaired itself. I love stickypistons. Smile

Actually, the real reason you could cause any damage was because some of the areas people have built aren't protected. We've had slight problems with griefing in the past, we've just rebuilt any damage. So the point you're trying to prove is...?

And anyhooo, Big Brother has problems too. Not everything can be rolled back.

sstarnes3 wrote:
Your a lot smarter than I first anticipated.

Thank you. I try. Also, I'm smart enough to know that "Your" is a possessive pronoun, as opposed to the contraction for "You are". I SMARTER DAN YOU. BAHAHA *dances jig*

Dis thread is ridonkulous.

I kind of want to go back on the server. At least, when I get my RAM in the mail. At the moment, I'm stuck with 1GB.

6 GB here. RAWR.

How much you getting? It IS a really hardware-intensive program.

Just got a 16-gig flash drive that I'm formatting as RAM. Do you think it'll be enough? Wink

i just got meh own flash drive! w00t!!!!

i just had to say that. it was getting all tense, like that chess match i went to today.

also: quote:
...people giving me 9 diamond blocks and 64 diamonds.

some one gave me that, 2! they gave me all diamond armor. are they hackers?

-_-

@AP: Yah, that's a good amount. Only thing I would be concerned about there is speed. USB doesn't have anywhere close to the speed of data transfer as a standard on-motherboard RAM card. Let me know how it works out, though.

@kirdneh: I think someone just stole the diamonds from someone who'd been on the server for a while, then gave them out to his friends. From what I've seen of Minecraft hacking, serverside spawning from clientside isn't possible/ is really hard to do so far. I'm not an expert on it, but hacks are generally limited by nature.

@AP That strategy is quite limiting, if I do say so myself.

@kirdneh Bless your luck.

@MOM Depending on how old the update is, server-hacks can be quite powerful. 1.5 has multiple server hacks available allowing things like item-spawning, flying regardless of what the server's setting is, etc. I'm not sure about 1.8.1, but anything is possible.

@Kirdneh actually someone did that too. But the guy who gave it apparently was on the server for quite a while, i think 3 months to be exact.

you guys need to play minecraft with me!!!!

Howitz wrote:
you guys need to play minecraft with me!!!!

I want to! :whine: But I have a lack of memory. Smile

Then play a co-op game of Amnesia. Tongue

HA! HAHA! HEHE! HEH. Heh... *cough*