The truth and you were right!

21 replies [Last post]

Once we had talked about the aliens which I though did not exist and dan250 tried to prove me I'm wrong but he could not cause there are no living things on Mars. There couldn't be either! Impossible. But in outer space I proved to my self that I was wrong that day. Here watch this video adn after that tell me which of the creatures you liked the best:

By my self I like the first creature that was discovered - the arrowtongue

And by the way this planet is NOT a suitable planet for living. Not because of what the weather is like but because of what are the creatures living there...

Recently, an estimation was made on the number of livable planets in the universe. About 10*10^18 inhabitable planets, which is ten billion billion planets which could potentially have life on them. Therefore lack of alien life in the universe is so highly improbable, it can be considered impossible.

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

oops - this thing it's... ALL LIES - I copied this from Wikipedia:

Wikipedia wrote:
In Alien Planet, this is not a true story, based on fiction (not real)

Oh - I misunderstood... the story is real but the thing is that it is all made with computer of what they saw of what Leo and Ike filmed and discovered (They were robots). And I can't believe this is real - Darwin 4 proves that there are at least animals that are living on a different planet - and when I saw some of them - yuck! How possibly there could be such a creatures that look like monsters?!

My point still stands though.

10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 "livable" planets? That's not nearly enough odds to make one of them livable. It'd take quadrillions upon septillions upon quintillions of them before the odds were high enough.

momo1526 wrote:
My point still stands though.

Oh brother... Just watch the video first and then tell your point - the film isn't fiction but docufiction which is based on REAL facts and made with computer afterwards scientists found out what the robots discovered.

MOM4Evr wrote:
10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 "livable" planets? That's not nearly enough odds to make one of them livable. It'd take quadrillions upon septillions upon quintillions of them before the odds were high enough.

So what is your point? If it's against the possibility of alien living things then watch the vid first and tell me what you favourite creature is!!!

MOM, that's the number of planets which could inhabit life, not the total number of planets.

After taking what factors into account? Planetary arrangement? (If it weren't for Jupiter, btw, we'd be pummeled to death by asteroids, and if it weren't for the moon, all sea life would eventually die, and likely the whole planet would as well) I'm just being argumentative right now, but "livable" is a rather rough term.

I misunderstood - that thing is still going to the planet Darwin 4 and the movie is what they expect to see - I don't think they will find any aliens like that - impossible to have such a disgusting creatures...

about 36 more ears till they will get to Darwin 4 and I can't wait what we will see...

Actually, what qualifies as livable has been revisited. Most of those kinds of arguments no longer stand. Under different circulstances than earth, we have trouble imagining how life would survive. But of course, we were wrong, for example, a satellite such as the moon is not required to stabilise an orbit, also, our solar system's planetary arragement is not as rare as we thought, it is more recognised as a rule rather than an exception. Your interpretation of thinking earth is special and we would have to be extremely lucky for this to happen on it's own is a classic example of anthropocentrism.
I rest my case.

Ka-MOVE.

Wiki, we have rules now, I suggest you read them.

i have allot of question and suggestion

1. you are saying that this mission is real and about 36 more ears till they will get to Darwin 4... ears?

2. if the first probe is destroyed than the main spaceship will launch two more probe but if those two probe is destroyed as well than what will the main spaceship do...

3. if the probe dose not found any life form what will they do?

4. OK i lost you (wiki) at first your saying that they already there and the mission is already going and that is the result of what they see... than your saying that its made by computer... and again your saying that they are not there yet

and much more......

All my addin | I love you World of Goo!

1. the universe is infinite. if it isn't, then there are infinite number of universes.
2. they have planets.
3. maybe some of them have life. therefore, the number of universes = x/∞, which simplifies to 0.
4. therefore, no planets anywhere are capable of life, including our own.

5. either that or infinity is wrong, which wrecks the whole number system, leading to chaos and a new number system.

-_-

puggsoy wrote:
Ka-MOVE.

Wiki, we have rules now, I suggest you read them.

Of what I understood I did not break any of those rules so if you don't aware of that it's spamming in a complex way but I just read them so thanks - but what are the punishments is someone breaks them?

No punishments means that you will never get rid of the people who are breaking rules and I mean stop their inappropriate behavior. And as I mentioned before BANNING is the solution. Banning people for a certain time depending on what kind of rule they have broken so if you want people to follow the rules and don't have trouble I suggest you to make banning system as I mentioned before so the things beneath wouldn't happen:

[Mod says: Please follow the rules it's not appropriate to behave like that
Member says: Or what - you guys can't do anything to me! I can do what I want and you can't do anything about that so shut it]

See what I mean - this may have not happen but it may happen so you must be ready just in case. Well it's up to you I'm not forcing you but suggesting you to cause this is one of the reasons people don't come here very often because nobody cares about this place anymore - even davidc - I my self left this place "ages" ago and made my way to Tanki where the rules are really strict and people care.

kirdneh wrote:
1. the universe is infinite. if it isn't, then there are infinite number of universes.
2. they have planets.
3. maybe some of them have life. therefore, the number of universes = x/∞, which simplifies to 0.
4. therefore, no planets anywhere are capable of life, including our own.

5. either that or infinity is wrong, which wrecks the whole number system, leading to chaos and a new number system.

You mean Galaxies - Galaxies are in the Universe to let you know and please don't spoil with it I don't want trouble. By the way Universe HAS no end.

Wait a sec: I thought there was a rule that said you should post in the proper forum section, but it appears I was wrong (I was probably thinking about the goomod guidelines). Sorry, you didn't break any of those rules.

And yes, we can't ban users but we can certainly delete their posts. And if they're new enough we can megaban them.
In any case the rules are there so that people know how to behave. They aren't there just so that people break them and we can ban them, they're there so that nobody has to break them. If anybody does, we delete their posts as well as we can. Most people behave anyway, so there's no need for banning.
In any case rules are better than no rules, either way.

(Also you've suggested banning many times and we've replied many times that only DavidC can allow us to, so stop suggesting it.)

[quote=puggsoy]And if they're new enough we can megaban them.[/quote

I don't know what that means but oh boy that sounds so mega Wink

And by the way someone must tell davidc about the banning - anyone for volunteers? I have stuff to do so I have no time and by the way I ain't bovered (= How do you spell it?!) so it's your business, guys.

1. mega ban means their IP address is banned from this site. They can never make a new account or post on goofans ever again.
2. *bothered
3. WE DON'T NEED TO BOTHER DAVIDC ABOUT BANNING. Read the last sentence of the post right above you.

-_-

Wikigoo-4evr wrote:
I have stuff to do so I have no time and by the way I ain't bovered (= How do you spell it?!) so it's your business, guys.

Amazing how you aren't bothered, yet go on and on about it.

If David ever decides to let us ban members, he'll do it. We've mentioned it a few times, it's in the Suggestion List, and also on the Issue Tracker, so once/if he has the time he'll either accept or deny it.

Wikigoo-4evr wrote:
You mean Galaxies - Galaxies are in the Universe to let you know and please don't spoil with it I don't want trouble. By the way Universe HAS no end.

The question is, how do you know the universe is infinite? (And kirdneh DID mean universes.) If you imaging an ant on a globe, living in only two dimensions, he might think the globe was infinite because he kept walking around and around and around without finding an edge.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

a 4th dimensional mobius strip? you fly in any given direction, and you eventually loop back?

-_-

Yes, sort of. I read a book about Einstein's thought experiments once, they were really amazing. Another, related, one was that the globe was squishy like a balloon. Something heavy presses it down in a spot, and the ants follow the curve of it and don't end up going in a straight line. They interpret this as a new force that pulls them towards heavy things, called gravity.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

type in 'chupacabra' on youtube for more alien news.