Coming soon...

30 replies [Last post]

fgjkhaeybdhfgasjk

Awesome! I have to say there's a lot of unique mechanics, I mean monsters spawning from blocks you destroy is something I haven't seen before, at least personally. Also, those apples Laughing out loud

Nice! When will it hopefully be out?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Great job! If i am correct, you made it. Will it be on steam?

-_-

So far, I'm shooting to get everything on Steam Greenlight when Greenlight launches, which they've said will be August 30th. So a couple days from now. I'll have a demo and a few screenshots and such on there, and if all goes well, I'll get accepted onto Steam. I've spent all summer polishing this game to death, so hopefully it'll do well. I'm pretty excited. Smile

And yes, I did make this game, kirdneh.

As for apples... uuuh, I don't think there are any apples. But if something looks like apples, then cool. Smile

The thingies that launch you upwards, then disappear when you jump into them at 0:15, aren't those apples?

Also, how much will you be selling it for?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Reminded my dad of commander keen.

-_-

I've never played Commander Keen but knowing how hyped MOM is about it I wouldn't be surprised if this is real similar.

Albino Pokey wrote:
The thingies that launch you upwards, then disappear when you jump into them at 0:15, aren't those apples?

Yeah, that's what I meant. If they're not apples then what are they?

Ah, yeah it's probably hard to tell with video distortion. Those are balloons, not apples.

And back when I first started working on this game, the only game I'd really played was Commander Keen, so yeah, it's quite similar. It's not a complete ripoff or anything, though; most of the mechanics are original, or at least I thought of them without taking them intentionally from somewhere else.

As for price point, I'm thinking somewhere in the $5-$10 range. I'll see if there's any sort of general consensus.

Ah, balloons, that makes more sense.

Also $5-$10 is a pretty nice price. Even if it doesn't get into Steam, I'll try and get it. Or I can wait and see if I gets into a Humble Bundle, which would be awesome.

Now that (as of half an hour ago or so) Steam Greenlight has launched, you can see the game here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92924657&searchtext=

Please upvote and help spread the word. Thanks, guys! Smile

Voting it up.

-_-

Being 100% honest, the chance of it getting in doesn't look awfully high. As you've seen in the comments, a lot of people are basing their opinions on the graphics, without even considering the fact that it might be fun. I find this a bit annoying, although to be honest I also rarely give a game a second look if the graphics don't look promising, I mean you made this game so I obviously know more about it. Now that I know about this though I should change my first impressions on bad (or good) looking games.

I really hope that you get enough votes to get onto Steam, some people may manage to look past the aesthetics and actually look at the gameplay. Those who played Cave Story might have some sense in their heads.

Anyway, I gotta go sleep now, but I'll download the demo and check it out tomorrow.

The game mechanics look really advanced, I'm really looking foward to it! However I find it strange that Chef has no animation, but the rest is awesome!

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

momo1526 wrote:
Chef has no animation

Sorry, what? Chef is most definitely animated.

wow cool....

by the way i see that some of the people think that its still have some problem with the art work and i know that its not the final artwork...

i suggesting* you to see this game artwork, maybe it will give you some inspiration,
just play the game and see the artwork

*I'm not SPAMMING i just suggesting

All my addin | I love you World of Goo!

Well spelunk y switched graphics, you can always change with greenlight.

Yep. Which is why the comments confuse me, since graphics are relatively easy for me to change. I chose not to change them over the summer, however, because I value gameplay far more than I value graphics, at least in the case of this game in particular. And I think a lot of mainstream gamers (aka the people who would post on Greenlight) don't have the same mindset.

I agree, gameplay is more important than graphics, those can be changed easily. The fast-paced quick-thinking innovative side is what will draw people to the game. graphics are just a nice bonus. Are you doing your own final art or are you getting someone else do it (winkwink)?

I'll see. I haven't completely decided yet. None of the people complaining about the graphics are totally explaining what they want.

What I would say is the graphics aren't all unified in the same theme, for example, the alien blocks look great but differently themed compared to say the apples. Also, a few nice touches like contours, glow effects and rounded corners will look really nice. Just graphic polishing you know?

Yep, and those are the sort of things that I'll be working on, as I have time. Kinda full-time in school atm.

You made a nice game MOM4Evr!

hey i have another suggestion/question :

is your game mod able like WoG and is it gonna have an editor?

All my addin | I love you World of Goo!

No and no, unfortunately. I basically threw everything together, with a ton of hacks and level-specific code for maximum hardcodedness. The levels are editable with any text editor, but it's a fairly terse format and there's a lot of quirks and problems. To be honest, I didn't design my engine very well, so it's amazing the game works at all.

Well, Chef Bereft wasn't built in a day.

-_-

Oh, I played the demo by the way. Pretty nice, those rocket shoes are awesome. I have to say the only missing things are cosmetic, everything else is great.

Is the demo available on steam?

There's a download link for the Windows/Linux demo on the Greenlight page.

puggsoy: Thanks! Any impressions about the sound/music? I haven't gotten much feedback on either, so just wondering.

On the Greenlight page he has links for the demo (Windows and Linux) at the bottom of the description. I added it as a non-Steam game in Steam though Tongue

EDIT: Geheh.

Well, I think the music is pretty good. Since the graphics aren't top-notch it's hard to say if the music "fits", but it's not bad. The sounds are also good, unfortunately I didn't pay much attention to them so I don't remember them exactly. The dying sound was nice though.