Where are the mods?

14 replies [Last post]

Has anyone else noticed 30% of our mods have been inactive for ages. I've also been seeing around the forums that there are a lot of unpublished level demands. Wouldn't it be time to appoint more mods? It kind of breaks my heart, DaB hasn't been around in over six months, for example, and mods have lives and addins cant be published as fast if so few mods are available! I was thinking especially those who have been around for a long time such as RedTheGreen (formerly Enchanter and Echanter49), G0o-gle, puggsoy, goomatz, AP, Goosweek and *cough* me Tongue. We know the forums, we've finished the game a billion times, we've made addins, we have experience, but most of all, we are active and we can help. I asked to be a mod before but David said no more mods were needed, well now they are, we all want this site to strive to a beautiful gooey future! What do you guys think?

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

I would appoint AP. He's always on the right side of arguments. Anyway, the site isn't big enough for there to be reasoning that a new mod should be appointed. It's about the site, not our interests. Wink

Currently we don't need more mods. The only reason the levels aren't being published is because I'm on limited-bandwidth internet and can't publish them, a problem that will be reconciled in 15 days. I agree that it is a shame that there aren't more moderators around, so just fuss at James for playing too much TF2. Tongue Pavke's busy with school and such (as I will be soon), thB has a real job and withdrew from being active, and I dunno what happened to Daft. I personally have qualms with *cough* cheaters being mods, even though I know you two are overall nice chaps. I wouldn't be in disagreement for nominating AP or puggsoy for modship (I've even suggested it a couple times), and knocking off some of the more inactive moderators, but we'd have to get davidc on the site first, and he seems to be one of the more inactive ones. Tongue

Even when you get your bandwidth, its still gonna be 1.5 mods, which isn't much...

Fair point. Dunno. Depends on what davidc thinks. Perhaps I shall email him.

The beggining of a large conversation....

I hope this will end in something good

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO

I agree with MOM4Evr, if David does appoint any new mods, he should knock off a few as well.

When did we say that? If one of the old mods like xanax ever just hops onto the site randomly, he'll lose his powers and be like "what?"

Knocking off mods is not necessary, we're talking about adding mods!

RedTheGreen wrote:
I would appoint AP. He's always on the right side of arguments.

Wow, thanks, Red! Shy

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Heh, no problem. It's true, anywho.

Hey!
What about me?
I'm active

puggsoy would work.

-_-

Would I though? Would I?

I'd try, but I can't guarantee that I'd have the time. If I could guarantee it, I'd be like "OH YEAH!!!", but at this present moment AP might be a better choice.

Nevertheless, being considered is flattering Shy

@puggsoy: Yeah, i'd add you to my list but I can't modify, it says another user modified it so I can't change it.
@dan250: You are active but you're a rather new member, I think the potential moderaters are already quite numerous Smile