Music in WooGLE

9 replies [Last post]

What causes the music to change in Genetic Sorting Machine? Can that effect be replicated in other levels?

No, the change in Genetic Sorting Machine is thought to be hard coded in the game itself. Although, you can do something like in the Observatory Observation Station.

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

In Genetic Sorting Machine, when a beauty ball pops it changes the music. That part is hardcoded. However, what Pavke is referring to is changing the "pop" sound of a ball so that it plays a music track. An example of this is the UtilGooGlobberMom from the last level.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I hate hard coded stuff! It makes stuff so much more complicated!

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

In older games, virtually everything was hard-coded, so to mod games like that at all now requires quite a bit of reverse engineering and patching in assembly code. Not as user-friendly as what we have here. Wink

I've been modding Minecraft, and everything's hard-coded! But it's Java, so you can jad it. Wink

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

If I made a new ball with the music as the "death" sound, would that work?

Yes. But a few caveats:

- The new music has to be louder than the old music. They're going to play on top of each other.

- The new music file has to be long enough for the player to finish the level before it ends.

- The ball has to die at *exactly* the right time.

Also, it might be a good idea to make it a Utility ball by naming it something like UtilMusicMusicTrackName.

I think one music played on top of another would sound weird. It's better to create a Utility MOM-ball witch contains enough "UtilMusicMusicTrackName#1"-balls. Multiply the number of the contained balls by the length of the track to get the proper popduration. This MOM-ball (it has to be invulnerable) is surrounded by mostlydeadly geometrys which have to be replaced at the point you want the music to change.
A second MOM-ball (containing the "UtilMusicMusicTrackName#2"-balls) has to touch a ballbuster at the same point.
The last moribund "UtilMusicMusicTrackName#1"-ball will play its sound till end, so you would have a overlapping music but not exceeding the time of the first music.
I have an idea how to avoid this but I can't describe it. I'm starting with a sample.goomod (which shows how) right now.

Ok, I'm done: http://goofans.com/download/sample/change-music
Hope it gets published soon.