How I can Download A Levels???

49 replies [Last post]

Can Any one Help?
I Download Some Levels But How I can Play It???

The first thing you need to do is download GooTool. That's the program that installs your levels. Just install GooTool, restart your computer, and double-click one of your GooMods you downloaded and it will install.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

And make sure you have the latest patch for World of Goo installed. Check my signature for a link.

Albino Pokey wrote:
and double-click one of your GooMods you downloaded and it will install.

It's Say:
All Files In This Directory Will Be deleted

remember to make a custom directory and not to mess with the origanal file.

-_-

any origanal file???

If you're on Windows 7, create a new folder in C:\Users\WHATEVER_YOUR_USERNAME_IS\GooMod. Then choose that as your custom directory.

Or use your desktop\GooMod, or wherever. Just not in Program Files unless you're an admin.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Even if you're an admin, messing with your install in Program Files is a bad idea.

Well, you CAN technically do it in Program Files, but you would have to run GooTool with elevated privileges every time you start it.

Mine is c:\Program Files (x86)\GooMod, running GooTool as an admin.

Mine is %PROGRAMFILES%\WorldOfGoo\Custom

Yes, GooTool is run as admin.

Albino Pokey wrote:
If you're on Windows 7

I'am Not On Windows7...

If you're not with Windows 7, then it's the same, only you (probably) won't have to run as admin if you put it in Program Files. Maybe you will with Vista, but not XP.

Vista and 7 are the same when it comes to privileges. SOME programs in xp may need to have an admin login for privileges if the user isn't already an admin.

Here`s what I did.
1. Installed GooTool
2. Created new folder
3. Downloaded addin
4. Double-clicked on addin
5. GooTool asks do I want to install the addin
6. I click "Yes", GooTool installs addin
7. Clicked GooTool and clicked "Save and Launch World of Goo!"
Easy as a peanut butter sandwich...

It's funny, I never click "Save and Lauch World of Goo!" I don't know why, it's just a habit. I think it's partly related to the fact that I try to have as little programs open as possible when I play games, to improve performance.

Any V You Use In Gootool?

Huh? Waddya mean by "V"?

puggsoy wrote:
Huh? Waddya mean by "V"?

V= Version

oh, and don't forget go0-gles's "Chapter Six" mod. you don't need gootool to use it, just in case it isn't working or something.

-_-

It's Still Not Work!
Can Any One Put On Youtube A Vidoe?

How does it "not work"? Tell us the steps you take, and say exactly what is/isn't happening.

Flaky99 wrote:
Here`s what I did.
1. Installed GooTool
2. Created new folder
3. Downloaded addin
4. Double-clicked on addin
5. GooTool asks do I want to install the addin
6. I click "Yes", GooTool installs addin
7. Clicked GooTool and clicked "Save and Launch World of Goo!"
Easy as a peanut butter sandwich...

I Do What Here...
It's Say:Gootool dose not modify oroginal World Of Goo installation instead

You have to specify a directory for GooTool to copy the game over to. It adds files from goomods, so it won't ever modify your original installation. I suggest you just create a new folder on your desktop, locate it in GooTool after that dialogue appears, and wallah! You'll be playing mods in no time.

I Know The Problme!
The Game Not In C!
It's In G!

That wouldn't cause any problems, and no, there's no such language as G. World of Goo was written in C/C++ btw.

He means it's on drive G:\, not C:\... I thought you of all people would be able to figure that out, MOM.

You can specify paths, I think, so "change wog directory" in the menu of both programs, and specify the directory of wog on your G: drive. (MOM, seriously? Everything has to be about code for you? Tongue)

Of course everything is code. What's the problem with you people? And what are these worthless drive letters that you speak of? Do you actually use an operating system with drive letters? Tongue

You're right, my bad.

Yes, I do. Because the amount of good desktop software for windows is many times greater than the amount of software for linux at present. I do use a linux server for some things, though.

Ohrly? Such as?
Don't forget that a good amount of Windows software has a Linux equivalent that's free. We aren't making tons of sacrifices to use Linux, believe me. Tongue

OHMAN RHYME