Publishing a profile

18 replies [Last post]

Why when I try to publish my profile with the button "Publish this profile" GooTool says "Unable to publish your profile:Unable to decode profile"? Crying

Well-known error with the site. The version of the software doesn't support the libraries GooTool needs to publish profiles.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Mmmm.... When to fix then?

The libraries GooTool uses are slightly outdated, meaning it won't work until David either finds a new library or an update for the one currently being used.

I would like to volunteer to (try to) fix this. I'm running Debian Squeeze now, and I don't know much about Python, but this would be a good opportunity for me to learn, and I'm pretty decent w/ C.

My account information should have my contact info, or I can provide it if necessary.

(I apologize for resurrecting this thread. I've read the original description of the problem at http://goofans.com/forum/goofans/general-discussion/2670).

Meh, it's not that old. And it'd be great if you could fix this.

(BTW, awesome to see someone with one of the 10 highest towers here Laughing out loud)

We can't see your profile (well, a moderator can, but only by trying to megaban you, and they can't because you have a tower here), so it would be better if you could post it.

I have a profile that would get me some badges, and I wish I could put it on the site!

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

lol thx puggsoy.
lucian underscore b underscore landry at y # h () () c0t d0M
Please don't abuse, and don't tell MOM Smile
My understanding is it's a server-side problem with some python XML-parsing code (at least) that may need some minor or major refactoring to work with a non-obsolete XML API.

lucian_b_landry at a popular non-google search engine site beginning with Y?

I think you're de-obfuscating it for the spambots a little too much for my liking, but yes, that's it.
Edit: nevermind you changed it, we're cool now Smile

"You cannot ban an established user. This is an established user." Smile

I don't think davidc frequents the forums. James, have you seen him on chat recently?

The Engineer wrote:
Nope.

Well, I have heard him talk a few days ago about stuff, but not very frequent talking like we do.

Well... when do you want to correct this issue?

We're waiting for the admin to get back.

When he was here, all he said was that he would wait for a new compatible version or someone to send him a different, equally-usable program. Basically he's done doing any real development.

movildima wrote:
Well... when do you want to correct this issue?

I'm sorry movildima (if you meant me). Nobody has contacted me at this point.

I'm not complaying. But I'd like to publish my profile.

P.S. Sorry for my English!

Yeah, sorry about this problem. We've had it for about a year now. It doesn't look like it'll get fixed anytime soon, I'm afraid.

looks like the "unstoppable progress" motto of World of Goo corporation was finally stopped...
Sad

-_-