New Records

1835 replies [Last post]

Peter B wrote:

dengshouhao said that he has used a special mouse by which he can use all five fingers of one of his hands to click the Continue.

So we finally get the reason for his 'super skill'! Using a special mouse would count as cheating. You're not allowed to use anything unique like that. You have to use the normal control setup, i.e., 1 mouse button. So I cant add your records or time total to the charts.

Then should he be allowed to set new world records in future? And should his total moves be added to the charts?

Are You Coming Home, Love MOM.

没有人规定一定要用2键鼠标,最原始的鼠标就是1键的,微软的鼠标是2键的,苹果的是1键的,App Store里也有WOG,难道在那里购买了WOG的人作出的成绩都不算?对于苹果来说,也许用2键鼠标对于他们来说是特殊的。
非常抱歉用英文真的说不清楚

dengshouhao wrote:
没有人规定一定要用2键鼠标,最原始的鼠标就是1键的,微软的鼠标是2键的,苹果的是1键的,App Store里也有WOG,难道在那里购买了WOG的人作出的成绩都不算?对于苹果来说,也许用2键鼠标对于他们来说是特殊的。
非常抱歉用英文真的说不清楚

He means that nobody rules he should use mouse with 1 key,and the original mouse is 1 key.If someone.downloads WOG from App Store(MAC) ,will his records not be in count?Maybe 2-key mouse will be special for him.

Random user of goofans site & WoG gamer.

Maniac of osu!game now. Go MU as you want and just PM me.

MaybeSuper wrote:
dengshouhao wrote:
非常抱歉用英文真的说不清楚

He means that nobody rules he should use mouse with 1 key,and the original mouse is 1 key.If someone.downloads WOG from App Store(MAC) ,will his records not be in count?

I am afraid that I agree him on this thing,the mouse.

thanks for the translation

Peter B wrote:
(or wogfan should've chosen a better username)

I can't edit my username on goofans. Tongue You can also call me wegfan.

MaybeSuper wrote:

I don't agree with that.Sad 'Cause it's unfair to other people, not everyone uses the special mouse to play with.

My Gom wrote:
MaybeSuper wrote:

I don't agree with that.Sad 'Cause it's unfair to other people, not everyone uses the special mouse to play with.

If a professional esports player wins a match with a better keyboard,will you say that he wins because of his keyboard?Ditto with what naveed said ,it's because of techniques.I give you an apple mouse now,will you beat a WR?

MaybeSuper wrote:
My Gom wrote:
MaybeSuper wrote:

If a professional esports player wins a match with a better keyboard,will you say that he wins because of his keyboard?Ditto with what naveed said ,it's because of techniques.I give you an apple mouse now,will you beat a WR?

I don't think it has to do with a keyboard and a better one. Both of they work the same, at least. However, the mouse dengzi uses is QUITE DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS'.His mouse make him be able to use all five fingers to click the Continue. It has nothing to do with techniques, dengzi doesn't use the same tools as other players to beat a WR.

MaybeSuper wrote:
My Gom wrote:
MaybeSuper wrote:

Why could you say these unreasonalbe words? It doesn't make any sence. Did You mean that most people could't set records even they used an apple mouse so those people whose techniques is very good should be allowed to set records by using an apple mouse? If you give it to Peter or naveed, they may break a lot of world records, OK?

Lets clear this confusion. You are allowed to use any mouse when you set a record but you can only use the left click (and the mouse scroll if you need it). Any other programs associated inside or outside the computer or mouse is considered cheating.

My Profile

Yes, I never ever cheat.

EDIT: 我从来只是移动鼠标或点击左键,连滚轮都很少用(因为都在一个平面上—…)

Lets clear this confusion. You are allowed to use any mouse when you set a record but you can only use the left click (and the mouse scroll if you need it). Any other programs associated inside or outside the computer or mouse is considered cheating.

Exactly.

Then should he be allowed to set new world records in future?

Maybe. It depends if it looks legit. If he obeys the rules and uses 1 button, and happens to do the early bar click anyway, its now gonna be hard to believe he didnt cheat. So I would tell deng not to try the trick anymore. (someone tell him)

And should his total moves be added to the charts?

Yes, I dont see why not.

Yes, I never ever cheat.

Did you click with more than 1 mouse button? If so, thats cheating.

@Deku; Was that a joke? Wouldnt a pen be less accurate than a mouse? I dont understand why you'd use it.

Does anyone else use any weird setups?

I'll try seeing how well I can do with a mouse, to try and compare how good I'd be if I used it rather than a tablet. And yes, all my accomplishments so far have been done with the drawing tablet.

EDIT: After a quick 15 minute attempt, I can tell the transition would be very difficult, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to make myself switch to mouse.

My Top 5 tower[s]: 51.38m Profile | 51.17m Video - Click on my username to see my addins.

World of Goo 1-09 OCD Tumbler (13 Seconds):

This is the only video I've received so far.

I only click the left one, click the right one can't make me faster.

I got Water Lock OCD 37s for 3 times……(I got 36s but no video)

I will try to get 36s or faster tomorrow

@Deku; do you never use a mouse for anything?
Run me through the controls; you say 'clicks are by pressing the pen against the tablet' - what about for moving the cursor around the screen?

I only click the left one, click the right one can't make me faster.

Have you forgot what you told Life-Water-Rainbow.
What's the name of the mouse you use?

Did anyone ask lkj if he used 1 button only?

Ok,ok,I have no reasons,I will shut up any more.

The tablet can tell where the pen is hovering over the tablet surface, so you move it around above the surface to move the cursor.

Yes, I do use a mouse for games which involve using the keyboard simultaneously, which is most games. When doing other things, I tend to use whatever I have out that is the most convenient, which can change from day to day.

My Top 5 tower[s]: 51.38m Profile | 51.17m Video - Click on my username to see my addins.

I got Water Lock Goal 14s and OCD 36s today. I have videos. How can I upload them?

Peter B wrote:
Did anyone ask lkj if he used 1 button only?

I've asked him and he said that he had been using common mouses all the time, which has two buttons and a scroll wheel. So should his world records be admitted?

dengshouhao wrote:
I got Water Lock Goal 14s and OCD 36s today. I have videos. How can I upload them?

Use a software to upload to YouTube then copy the link here.

Life-Water-Rainbow wrote:

Why could you say these unreasonalbe words? It doesn't make any sence. Did You mean that most people could't set records even they used an apple mouse so those people whose techniques is very good should be allowed to set records by using an apple mouse? If you give it to Peter or naveed, they may break a lot of world records, OK?

It's sense but not sence.

I don't know if it's important for people who break records to use different mouses.I only think it doesn't matter too much for me.If that Really matters,ignore my words.

@Deku; so the pen is just like a mouse really. I dont see a problem with it. I'd imagine it's more difficult to use if anything.

You could send them to Mygod (however that's done). Or maybe Dropbox us them and I'll do it.
So, you're just going to ignore my question then?

I've asked him and he said that he had been using common mouses all the time, which has two buttons and a scroll wheel

How many of the buttons did he use to click with though?

@MaybeSuper; you can use any mouse you want, but only click with 1 button. It's not difficult to understand.

Peter B wrote:
@Deku; so the pen is just like a mouse really. I dont see a problem with it. I'd imagine it's more difficult to use if anything.

You could send them to Mygod (however that's done). Or maybe Dropbox us them and I'll do it.
So, you're just going to ignore my question then?

I've asked him and he said that he had been using common mouses all the time, which has two buttons and a scroll wheel

@MaybeSuper; you can use any mouse you want, but only click with 1 button. It's not difficult to understand.

Sorry for mistaken.I don't really know the structure of other kinds.

@Peter B
Dropbox is banned too in China. See greatfire.org to check if the site is banned.

If you don't want to send me the video, try copy.com which is not currently banned in China.

Btw, I hate to complain, but @deng if you used a regular mouse, why did you say you were using a special one in the first place? If you can't express your idea correctly, please tell someone else to interpret for you. Things are really getting confusing right now. Puzzled (no offenses intended now, I was really pissed off some days ago)

I use a regular mouse.

Peter B wrote:

Only the left button.

I have to say again that dengshouhao has said that he has used a SPECIAL MOUSE (maybe it's an apple mouse, but I'm not sure), by which he can use ALL FIVE FINGERS of one of his hands to click continue.
You can find his words in baidu tieba:
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3368083632
Here is the screenshot of his words:
http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/1407/8850/original.jpg