wog 2

78 replies [Last post]

I heard people taling about this on this site so Im just asking what is wog 2 and how far is it and whats it about

P.S.THIS IS NOT A JOKE!

I made goomods.

"WOG2" is more properly named "NotWOG2", as it was a fan expansion with the goal of becoming an unofficial fan-made sequel-type of mod to World of Goo. The project has been discontinued, and you can download the development files for the mod here: http://goofans.com/forum/fan-expansion/public-discussion/2873

This type of questions are very common...How to prevent them?
Maybe put it in the FAQ section.

Hey You!
Start the fun and Install the fan made CHAPTER 6: MOON OF GOO

Nah, nobody reads FAQ's. At least, nobody who'd actually learn something from reading FAQ's. I read them all the time, but I generally have more complex questions that aren't answered in a simple FAQ. Most people don't Google a problem, or search a forum for related topics, before posting. Not particularly anybody's fault, just the way the Internet works.

@gooey goo: Please don't get offended here. I'm not trying to insult you in the slightest. I'm just commenting on newbies who don't think to look before posting. Not your fault, since you were gone when I posted that topic.

What do you mean "topic" because I did'nt get a little chance to even check.

I made goomods.

A forum topic, like this one.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I ment mom4evr's topic.

I made goomods.

gooey goo wrote:
I ment mom4evr's topic.

Topic= a section where you can put something. This time in a web page

Hey You!

gooey goo wrote:
I ment mom4evr's topic.

|
| ) )
| | |

I made goomods.

What about my topic?

Gooey Goo, in the post MOM4Evr made he spoke of topics as referring to these forum topics. He meant that you should search on the forum for a related forum topic.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

gooey goo wrote:

|
| ) )
| | |

Still dont understand the symbol

Hey You!

It's one finger pointing upwards from a hand.

the spacing is kinda-corkscrewy. here is an arrow:
/|\
|
|
to make it look good:
-------------/|\--------------------
--------------|---------------------

-_-

No, I got the hand. It makes sense how it is.

Or put it in code tags.

We get it already, guys. What topic are you asking about, gooey goo, and what are you asking about the topic?

I think he's asking what topic you're talking about here:

MOM4Evr wrote:
Not your fault, since you were gone when I posted that topic.

Ah. I mean the topic I linked to before: http://goofans.com/forum/fan-expansion/public-discussion/2873

|| |
|) )
|| |
It's a butt!

I made goomods.

gooey, you probably found the forum that has gone hundreds of years above. WOG2 was going to be made by TM13 but it was illegal so he made it as the other side of the world. He is gone now and left the other side of the world unfinished so I took the responsibility to finish his work but for that it will take a long time cause I will need to make other MapWorldViews. By the way the part one is the only part there is and his addin is the only MapWorldView as a game of WOG made. If you feel like you would like to play it I'll give you a link where you can download it. I think you'll like it. By the way I'll give you to download the first beta version of the DEMO of MY WOG dyamond catchers version. So here they are:
TM13's official world of goo the other side of the world par one (Two chapters):
http://goofans.com/download/other/official-tm13s-view-of-world-of-goo-pa...
World of goo dyamond catchers DEMO beta 1 (4 merged levels (Play them in order - Fly up, Cemy circle, Water tower, Soap energy srink)):
http://goofans.com/download/other/world-of-goo-dyamond-catchers-demo

Only don't download them both together cause then your WOG will crash or you'll see only TM13's addin.

wiki...
gooey doesn't like too much text
how cute

Actually, Wiki, there have been several proposed WoG2 mods.

The first was Far Lands, by Hany, closely followed by Time for Real. Both died after Chapter 1, although they're great mods.

Far Lands is set on a different, Earthlike planet. Hany had an explanation somewhere, but it was lost when the 2D Boy Fora were removed.

Time for Real involves Goo Balls breaking out of the computer screen into the real world. It had a site, but their hosting has expired.

After that was the proposed WoG2 on this site, started by Enchanter49 (now known as Red the Green). That's the one that had all the enormous forum topics and stuff. It died "recently" and MOM4Evr released all of their work up to that point. That's where things like "The Undiscovered Information Superhighway" are from.

They ran into copyright problems and renamed it to NotWog2. I don't know the full plot, you'd have to ask Red or Mom.

Next was my Another Planet mod*. It was the first one to use the 'map' attribute in the island file instead of overriding island1, thus making it mergable. I'm fairly sure the NotWog2 team used it too, but I haven't seen any of their island-merged goomods.

Then TM13 started making his, set on the other side of the planet. It had a lot of success, but he left the site and the project collapsed.

Now there are more and more springing up, such as Moon of Goo (what happened to that one?). But the original one was Far Lands, and the original on this site was NotWog2.

* By the way, Another Planet isn't fully dead. It's just dormant until I work out a glitch with my glow balls. I've been trying to keep it alive.

Wow, the history of World of Goo (unofficial) expansions. Tongue

don't forget mine, world of epicness. it was so bad it didn't just not get off the runway but it exploded and turned into a black hole and sucked it self in (it sucked that bad) and destroyed itself and keyboard cat with it.

-_-

I still have my idea,world of epiciea

I made goomods.

I'm thinking of making one, with a sequel-ish storyline. Kind of like Far Lands, but it's still set on the World. I think I'll call it either Yet Another World of Goo (YAWoG) or Still The Same World of Goo (STSWoG). Then again, I could change my mind altogether once it's made Tongue

And another one of mine,world of goo,the undiscovered asteroid...

Also another one two-part sequel of mine,world of goo,the goo powers

I made goomods.

I had a bunch of stuff for "Escape from the Corporation", but it was never released. For now, I'm only including publically-available mods in my list.

Ok girls,let's do this!

I made goomods.

do what?