Making an addin file format for how to make a chapter

9 replies [Last post]

I've looked at AP's first chapter but as I've tried to understand it I could not understand what's happening and how you need to edit the island.xml or whatever you call it. So I would recognize the Moderators make a tutorial or something for how to edit the island.xml or something like you had made for merging two or more addins together like right here: http://goofans.com/developers/addin-file-format/how-merge-two-or-more-go...

So in that case I'll be able to understand how to make a chapter not only merging the goomods together as one addin, okay?

When I made my chapter, it was also a heap of work and trying stuff by myself, but I had a lot of help from this page.

Even with that page, I agree we should have a tutorial. Now that I'm a mod I can publish pages, so if I find the time I will get started on making a chapter-making tutorial.

A tutorial would be cool.

Wikigoo:
this page is also very helpful:
http://goofans.com/developers/addin-file-format/merge-directory
And Daft as Brush posted some example xsl files which are helpful too. But I don't find them right now to post a link.

Puggsoy and I were working on it at one point, but we never got around to finishing it. We should, though. I'll work on it tonight.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Thats right guys. None of the made files can actually totally help us make a chapter. There is no such a tutorial that has for merging the files. I just cannot understand what exactly I need to writein the island.xml thats it. There definitely have to have tutorial for chapters cause even more people are trying to make their own chapters. As soon as the tutorial will be finished people gona start to ask for how to make MapWorldViews like TM13 did...

AP, as even you are a Moderator you shouldn't take so much responsibility to yourself like I did. In one night doing many things.. that... that... that's just impossible and you got your own life too...

He and puggsoy both, a while back, said they would try and publish a tutorial anyway; I don't think they promised anything else. You have no right to say he lacks a life as you yourself said you would direct a couple movies and a whole redesign of World of Goo in addition to some other things, I think.

Did we say that? I recall us attempting to uncover the secret of Island 6, but not about us making a tutorial. I remember saying that I would make a tutorial, but not with AP.

That's not to say I don't think it's a good idea. If you need any help AP, I'd be glad to Laughing out loud

Hmm, I recall something along those lines. Maybe it was just chapter 6. Good luck with that page!

Looks like AP's got the tutorial sorted for now. If he misses something or I see anything else wrong with it I might correct it, but for now I won't interfere unless he emails me.

If you see anything wrong or missing, feel free to add to it.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.