Gootool glitch

58 replies [Last post]

When I delete my file from WOG and make a new one the gootool just doesn't delete it even when I delete the gootool and download it again! It shows me the first account I only had so to upload towers here I have to have a new computer - Silliness!!! Someone fix this I get annoyed with gootool!

It seems that your profile is still there. When you reinstall GooTool, it checks the profile location, then grabs that file if it finds it.

Try this:

Type Windows-R, %LOCALAPPDATA%\2D Boy\World of Goo\, ENTER. See if there's a file in there. If there is, delete it.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Indeed. Save data is stored in the pers2.dat file, which in in the location AP specified, not in your World Of Goo folder.

Save file location doesn't have anything to do with GooTool, either, so don't blame GooTool.

So what do you expect from me to do? Or basically what do you want me to do? Cause I cannot upload any towers. By the way talking about uploading and getting badges... How do I get other badges so it would be improvement - to get badges like Kleptomaniac (Cause I'm good pro. on WOG but not as good as Peter B - He's awesome) or too much free time (What on earth - nobody's playing WOG being solid on this 96 hours!) or serious OCD (Well I can get that... On my old computer I think I need to get about 3 more OCDs but still I have that gootool glitch...).

And I cannot get any of these badges only cause ogf the gootool glitch! I should have now badges:

Addin author (I got that)
Serious OCD (Well almost)
Kleptomaniac (Definitely)
Junior architect (I can easily make high towers till over 30 meters)
And may be I would like to be gameground tester but I dunno what it is.

So I almost should have 3 - 5 badges instead of having only one. Almost as got MOM4evr only... How could you be solid on WOG 98 hours?! And I cannot get moderator badge so easily as it means you are moderator... You know what when I first saw that MOM is a moderator I though he is one of the 2Dboys cause I didn't even know what moderator is and that there actually was any.

So basically I would be pleased if you would tell me how to get off my old account and get on new account.

Wikigoo-4evr wrote:
What on earth - nobody's playing WOG being solid on this 96 hours!

This profile of mine has a play time of 1 week, 3 days. That's over 256 hours solid playtime. 96 hours is nothing. The badge's limit should be raised, even. Tongue

Kleptomaniac is actually a moderately difficult badge to get, which shows just how good of a player you are. If you're a good player, it's fairly hard to get (took me a while), if you're an awesome player (There's only a few in the world: LTumbleweed, Peter B, Pavke, thB, Daft as Brush, Kopa, DEFE, dwerdwer, Cycl4Mate, Fool, and Jairo), it's quite simple to pass it. I'm only a few Goo Balls past it myself. There comes a point where collecting more Goo Balls gets harder and harder, and imo, the Kleptomaniac badge is at the perfect point on that curve. Just difficult enough that you have to be very dedicated and clever to get it, but simple enough for anyone who knows what they're doing to be able to get it, with enough effort.

But how do I prove that I did it? And anyway if you remember what the topic is about then tell me how to delete my old account and get the new one on.

Why would you want to do that?

You need to go to the location we mentioned and delete the file. Like we said.

And you can't upload towers. There's an error on the site, which you could think of like this: you need to put the profile through a slide connected to the site, but the opening of the slide is broken so it won't go in. And they don't make the part we used for the opening any more. So we need to either fix it by hand or make a new one from scratch, neither of which is easy.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

The opening of the "slide" must have been tampered with for it to break, right. Would it have broke anyway even if davidc had left it alone?

hey, since we have more mods, maybe we can restore those "coming soon" badges? or can only a admin do that?

-_-

Only davidc can add badges.

Albino Pokey wrote:
Type Windows-R, %LOCALAPPDATA%\2D Boy\World of Goo\,ENTER

type in

Where?

He means, tap the Windows key (the one next to ALT) to bring up the start menu, then tap the letter R on your keyboard.

Then, copy and paste "%LOCALAPPDATA%\2D Boy\World of Goo\" without the quotes. Then press Enter/Return.

click the big buttonat the bottem left side of the screen, and click on "run..." then type the stuff in.

-_-

I must be talking in a different language or something!
What i was trying to get at was, is the problem because of his computer, like did he update something and then it stopped working (maybe this?) If it is because of that, then how about he give this website over to someone else so the problem wont be there and who will also put all of these ideas into reality. If it worked before it can work again!?
We all appreciate davidc's work but maybe its time he gave it up to someone who has the time and still cares about the site. I mean, all too often mods are saying "only davidc can do that", well he's never here so nothing will ever get done.

I havent a clue about this kind of thing so as far as i know what i just said is bull, so dont slap me down for my ignorance.
Theres a few people on this site that somehow seem to know all about the problem, but how is everyone meant to understand when davidc doesnt say anything, he could have wrote all about the problem for the News from Goofans section on the homepage.

I must say I have to agree with Peter. Maybe not completely, but he's got a point: David's been away for quite a while and it doesn't look like he's, well, as enthusiastic about the management of GooFans and GooTool as he used to be.

And about the server's XML... unfortunately I'm also not very knowledgeable about it, so I can't really have an opinion about that. Still, it should get fixed soon. It's rather a big problem, and I also think that David should appoint someone. Maybe not as a replacement, but a "sub-admin". Like, with the same priveleges, so that they can get all this sorted.

I agree with you as well, Peter. The leaderboards used to be about a third of this site.

I vote we bring the leaderboards back! Someone look for an xml-parsing app for Debian Squeeze.

DavidC isn't really on this site anymore.

-_-

He responds to email.

What windows key...? Where do I start can you don't just explain the basics but all the system, please?

This key.

To the left of the space bar, you should have [Ctrl] [Windows] [Alt].

It brings up the Start Menu. Alternatively, you can click the Start button (Windows Orb on Windows 7/Vista) to the left of the taskbar.

AP, [Fn] keys are only there on laptop keyboards, or keyboards that are optimized to take up less space.

Puggsoy, you hold down Win, then press R. It's Win+R. If you just press Win alone then it would just open up the start menu. That's not how you get to Run.

Oh. Oops. My wireless keyboard had Fn there.

Oh, I thought you could open up the Start Menu then press R for run. It's been a while since I've thoroughly used Win XP.

Maybe in XP, but in Vista/7 when you open the start menu, the cursor is placed in the search bar, so pressing R would search the computer for "r".

Oh. I thought we were talking about XP, that's why I said Win then R (although it may still be Win+R). I had no idea how to launch Run in Vista/7, I've never needed it.

I see now.

So, is there anyone here that wants to take over from davidc or be a sub-admin. If not then i suggest everyone who reads this to email davidc (davidc(at)goofans(dot)com) telling him to get the leaderboard fixed ASAP. With enough pestering he's bound to cave in.

Well, I wouldn't particularly mind being sub-admin. I'd be as active as possible and all that, keeping basic vitals in check, but I wouldn't be able to do any updates on GooTool, and I'd probably take heaps of time to get the know-how on how to do stuff like fix the leaderboards, since I'm not that adept at web coding.

But I don't think I'm the best candidate anyway, MOM would probably be better fitted. Pavke or James may also be eligible, but they're not really that active. In any case I think a sub-admin would be cool.

David stated himself he doesn't have the time to look for another library that works the same way. We should just google ourselves to oblivion and find one.