Suggestion List

83 replies [Last post]

PLEASE CHECK IF YOUR SUGGESTION IS ON THIS LIST BEFORE MAKING A NEW SUGGESTION.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like we need a list of suggestions, rather than just posting them in heaps of topics and fading away into the older pages. That way, when davidc has the time he can come and see the current suggestions, and do something about them or reject them.

All suggestions for GooTool (and not the site itself) are preceded by a star ( Star ).

Here's the current list:

• Allowing a bigger resolution and/or file size for profile pictures.
  • A private messaging system.
  • Star Movie addin type.
  • Movie addin section (these can be custom goomods if the above suggestion is rejected or not yet implemented).
  • Language packs for GooTool (and WooGLE, etc).
  • Allowing members to delete their own addins/forum posts/addin comments/towers.
  • Allowing moderators to access other users' Edit tab.

Suggestions can be posted either in this thread or in their own thread, and if they are reasonable enough I'll add them to the list. Any suggestions in the list can also be discussed in this thread.

What about giving coauthors acces to unpublished addins they are coauthors of?

I agree with goomatz. Also, being able to delete our own addins/comments/towers would be nice. Also, not so sure about this though, but maybe a trusted system like on the Minecraft server, allowing more freedom, such as, but not limited to:
-Uploading higher res profile pics
-Uploading non-goomod files
-A nice little badge

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

Terraria server. Just saying.

MOM4Evr wrote:
Terraria server. Just saying.

goomatz wrote:
What about giving coauthors acces to unpublished addins they are coauthors of?

Added.

momo1526 wrote:
I agree with goomatz. Also, being able to delete our own addins/comments/towers would be nice. Also, not so sure about this though, but maybe a trusted system like on the Minecraft server, allowing more freedom, such as, but not limited to:
-Uploading higher res profile pics
-Uploading non-goomod files
-A nice little badge

Your first suggestion about deleting your own stuff has been added to the list. However, here are my answers to your other three:

-I've already made a suggestion about higher profile pic resolutions/file sizes

-Uploading non-goomod files isn't necessary and could cause trouble. For those who want to upload utilities or another reasonable non-goomod file, David can give them permission.

-Huh? We already have badges.

Nvm on the Terraria server. David said he's tried it, but this server runs Linux, so it's near impossible.

Oh, was that a suggestion? Sorry, I thought you were correcting momo, he mentioned something about a Minecraft server.

No, that was a suggestion. That has hereby been retracted.

Trusted is already in effect on the site. If you're Trusted you can't be MegaBanned. Other than that, there's no distinction. But it would be easy to code up a little badge or something.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I actually ran into a problem once with trying to ban a 'trusted' user. Ended up having to just delete the forum post. It's not a perfect mechanism, but yah, probably a good idea.

A lot of forums have classes based on how many posts you've made. While this isn't a perfect system, either, it may be a good idea to distinguish 'newbies' from 'Epic Power Member' or similar.

• Star Localization. For this site, a google translate module will be nice. For GooTool and WooGLE, give support to language packs as World of Goo does. Wink

i agree with the epic power member to the newbie thing. ideas for classes?
1. newly loaded
2. first OCD
3. finished first chapter
4. 5 OCD
5. second chapter
6. building towers
7. 3rd chapter
8. WOG regular
9. WOGC reconized
10. last chapter
11. 25 OCD's
12. finished game
13. 50 OCD's
14. ALL OCDS!!
15. top ten WOGC tower
16. record creator
17. record beater
18. record champ
19. record king
20. PeterB-worthy
21. top tower
22. Recognized by 2Dboy
23. all records
24. beyond Awesome
25. EPIC USER!!!!!!!!

epic user would be insanely hard. idea of how hard: MOM4evr would be at rank 17 right about now. it would take 5 years about to get epic user.

-_-

Then there'd be no epic users.

I'd say the ranks should be Armadillo (0 posts), Common Goo, Albino Goo, Ivy Goo, Water Goo, Fuse Goo, Bone Goo, Pokey Goo, Bit Goo, [Virus Goo?], Fish, Sign Painter, and Telescope Operator (davidc/admin/ron/kyle only).

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

The idea that we would base a ranking off number of posts is silly. Think of gooey goo's initial joining of the site. I think it should be a decision for moderators to decide, if they think a member is trustworthy or not.

No, I just mean a title, like on other fora (2DBoy's had one).

I was talking about MOM's suggestion.

Oh. Oops. Sorry.

I think that simply having a post count above your badges and below your avatar is enough. A rank could discourage some users (as Red said), but a post count could still show how long users have been on the site.

If everyone agrees with that, I'll put it on the list.

Mygod wrote:
  • Star Localization. For this site, a google translate module will be nice. For GooTool and WooGLE, give support to language packs as World of Goo does. Wink

Added the suggestions as two seperate list items.

Post count may or may not be terribly easy to set up, depending on how Drupal works, but I agree that'd be a good idea if it's not too complex for davidc to set up.

EDIT: Though admittedly, the joined date is probably there to serve the same purpose.

I don't know about post counts, but a newbie/experienced user might be useful.

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

MOM4Evr wrote:
Post count may or may not be terribly easy to set up, depending on how Drupal works, but I agree that'd be a good idea if it's not too complex for davidc to set up.

EDIT: Though admittedly, the joined date is probably there to serve the same purpose.

Well yeah, all suggestions here are assuming that it's not too difficult/impossible to set up, of course.

And join date does have a similar purpose, I guess. Still, post count couldn't hurt.

puggsoy wrote:

• Allowing members to unpublish addins they are co-authors of.

That's not what I meant. I meant members should have acces to the download page of not yet published addins if they are a co-author of it.

All these suggestions would be good, but surely the main thing davidc needs to get working on first and foremost is fixing the leaderboard. Its been down far too long.

The point about the leaderboard is something he can't fix right now.

-_-

How about language packs for GooTool & WooGLE & so on?
And what do you mean Country localization addin type? I tried to make a level in Chinese but it required to edit the font file and this may conflict with other addins so I gave up.
And I hope the leaderboard could be fixed soon. I think if user can upload profiles directly but not XML, this problem will be easy.

I'm not sure what you mean by "language pack for GooTool & WooGLE", I thought you meant an addin type that translates a WoG. Do you mean the possibiity to translate GooTool and WooGLE into different langauges?

For the time being I will just write what you said, but I would like more clarification on what you mean by this.

goomatz wrote:
puggsoy wrote:

• Allowing members to unpublish addins they are co-authors of.

That's not what I meant. I meant members should have acces to the download page of not yet published addins if they are a co-author of it.

Sorry about that, didn't read your post correctly. Fixed Laughing out loud

@puggsoy I thought it was kind of obvious. Tongue Yeah, that wouldn't be a bad idea. It should have been done years ago, even.

Yes I meant that. And translation addin type is good too.
P.S. Sorry for my poor english. Tongue

No problem. I've got them both in the list now.