Suggestion List

83 replies [Last post]

I had an idea. How about a system so that you can't request an addin to be published more than once a week? That way we won't get heaps of requests from people simply because their addin hasn't been published yet. Keeps mods inboxes clean, and keeps addins at the top of the queue.

The only exception should be if you've uploaded a new version of the addin. That way, if a mod points out something wrong with the level the user can upload a new version and request again.

A week sounds too long, I saw a day or two. More frequent, but not AS frequent. Tongue

But other than that, sounds like a good one.

A day? Even a day is still pretty annoying.

I'll put it on the list with 3 days.

No, a day. Some people make a bunch of addins and wait to update them all at once. Don't make a waiting time, but instead make a limit amount of times to request. It should be one time, and then a moderator can reset the count back to zero once he's seen the addin and given feedback.

Ooh, that's a better idea. That's a much better idea. I'll do that instead. By golly I will Tongue

RedTheGreen wrote:
No, a day. Some people make a bunch of addins and wait to update them all at once.

I actually meant once every three days per addin.

Wow, I just realized I put two different ideas in the same post. Tongue

Yeah, but I only did one. The second kind of overrid the first.

I guess this is mod stuff, you won't understand till you get your inbox flooded with addin requests Tongue

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

Indeed.

Yes. A good new level required at least one day to finish it. Tongue

Good levels can be made fast

Better levels take time Laughing out loud

I disagree partly. My best level concepts came to me instantly, as soon as I understood something. On the other hand, polishing the level:
-Acceptable, plausible graphics
-Fitting music
-Avoiding loopholes
These take more time, but rarely more than a day. At least in my case. But for the Sandbox, I updated so often, the total time was probably way longer than a day.

He's implying, momo, that with time, you can make even BETTER graphics instead of Acceptable, GREAT music rather than Fitting, and fix all the loopholes in the world. There's no "limit" to the amount of time you can potentially spend working on it.

^correctness.

Thats what I mean by updating

Then why are we arguing?

Howdy. There is actually an issue tracker that I look at whenever I have time to work on the site or GooTool. Do you have access to create issues at http://goofans.com/mantis/ ?

puggsoy wrote:
Allowing a bigger resolution and/or file size for profile pictures.

The size is restricted so the picture will always fit everywhere it needs to go, without messing up e.g. the forum layout. Where would you want to see larger profiles?

puggsoy wrote:
A private messaging system.

Yes. http://goofans.com/mantis/view.php?id=231

Though I would have to set the default for all existing users to 'do not allow private messages', or at least 'do not notify me by e-mail', which might limit its usefulness.

puggsoy wrote:
  • Star Movie addin type.
  • Movie addin section (these can be custom goomods if the above suggestion is rejected or not yet implemented).

Yeah... :-/

puggsoy wrote:
Showing the "Who's online" feature to all members.

Done.

puggsoy wrote:
Allowing members to access unpublished addins they are co-authors of.

Done.

puggsoy wrote:
Allowing members to delete their own addins/forum posts/addin comments/towers.

You can add this to the issue tracker.

puggsoy wrote:
Having a Google Translate gadget on the site.

I think this is an edge case and it would be easier for the people who need it to use it themselves, rather than clutter the main site.

Yes, I am aware there are Twitter and Facebook icons, but that was to garner initial interest/followers, and I'm thinking it may be time to take them down again now.

puggsoy wrote:
Language packs for GooTool (and WooGLE, etc).

When the 2.0 release stabilises, I'll put up the strings for translation.

puggsoy wrote:
Star Country localization addin type.

Are there any? I don't have any objection to this, just not sure if we really want an empty category or one with only one or two addins in it.

puggsoy wrote:
Restricting addin authors to requesting publication only once. This can be reset by moderators after they have given feedback. (However moderators should still be allowed to request publication of an addin whenever they want.)

This is already the case, you can only request publication every 4 hours. I just changed that to 24 hours.

There is a bug where some requests come by e-mail repeatedly at the same time. I think that is when someone mashes the publish button, so the site gets many near-simultaneous requests. It's happened rarely enough I haven't bothered to fix it yet.

puggsoy wrote:
Removing the extra "page=" when linking to a specific comment in a thread, as this breaks the link.

Fixed.

-davidc

Yep, I considered suggesting adding stuff to mantis so you'd see it. It seems moderators have read-only access, though. :/

Yup, I can't add anything to it, only see stuff.

Image Sizes: I wouldn't want a drastic change, but 100 x 100 would be nicer. It's just that a lot of avatars are around 100 x 100, and it's a bit annoying (and quality-reducing) to resize them to 80 x 80.

PMing: You could set "do no notify me by email" as default, but "do not allow private messages" isn't really necessary, a lot of other forums default it. Alternatively, you can make them options during account creation, and PM current users about the feature.

Movie Addins: Keeping that in the list till it's done.

Who's Online: Removed from list.

Co-author permissions: Removed from list.

Comment/Addin/Tower Deletion: Yeah, you can just add it Wink

Google Translate: I guess you're right. I've removed that from the list too.

Language Packs: I'll leave that in till it's done.

Country Localization: I kind of agree actually, people can just make custom mods for that. Removed that too.

"page=" Bug: Removed from list.

Thanks for all that! I'm sure the Who's Online will be awesome for all non-mods! (It was for me when I became a mod.)

That's too bad. I am for PM, but I don't fully get the problem

You should be able to report issues in mantis now. It was necessary to force-logout everyone from GooFans; when you log back in, you should get the new permission.

Let me know if it works, and make sure you're reporting to the correct project (goofans.com or GooTool) please.

-davidc

Well, the force logging out worked, I'll tell you that Tongue

Yup, I can report issues now. I'll get round to doing them soon, but I'll still use this list here so that people don't have to go mantis to see current suggestions. By the way, I'm unsure exactly what each module means, so I might put issues in the incorrect categories.

By the way, did you give permissions to everyone, or just mods? (I'm expecting the latter.)

Everyone can report issues. We'll see how that goes.

I don't think many people will even know about it, though. Anyway, I reported the issues, so yah.

still trying to figure out HOW to report issues...
EDIT: nev mind, found out how.

-_-

Thanks for the fixes! It's been a while.

Great I like those new features.