Idea for WoG 2

477 replies [Last post]

Hey you're right! But some of the custom levels are just amature and annoying.

Example level = Pokemon (just a screenshot favorite of a movie)

I think that it might need only around 10 levels per chapter so maybe 60 levels for adding more on chapter 3 and 4 and also only having a few on chapter 5.

Okay! This is something that I would like to try! Anybody want to team up with me in a large project like this???

I would love to, but i don't have a lot of free time atm, I'm working on my secret project.
I already thought about it, you need a expert in GIMP or Paint.NET or whatever images editing software, and you need a lot of creativity to make 60 levels with original ideas. It's a lot of work!

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Enchanter49 wrote:
Hey you're right! But some of the custom levels are just amature and annoying.

Example level = Pokemon (just a screenshot favorite of a movie)

I think that it might need only around 10 levels per chapter so maybe 60 levels for adding more on chapter 3 and 4 and also only having a few on chapter 5.

Okay! This is something that I would like to try! Anybody want to team up with me in a large project like this???

I'm in!

Martin33: Cool!

Pavke: I meant using some of the custom levels, not create them.

I have a sketchbook more-than-half filled with WOG2 stuff. I could help with NEW levels.

In that game, the WOG Planet is dieing so the goos go to space to find something of life material. They go to the Fire Planet, then the Ice Planet, and they find the Battery. They think it can power there planet. On the trip home, they crash-land on Rock Planet. They try to escape and find a ladder. It leads to a space station where MOM has been hypnotized by Sign Painter (in disguise) to be Lord M. They save MOM, but then the Sign Painter traps them in a black hole. They use the battery to escape, and land on their old planet. Everyone has died. They wander around and find a stash of batterys. They use them to turn on the Life Machine, and it goes back to normal.

There should be a planet where WOGCorp set up a new factory. When your close to the end of the game you can go to a sandbox. Or something, yeah.

The last of the goo balls didn't seem to notice the sign painter was typing in my signature.

IS THERE A 2D GIRL? NO THERE IS NOT! Evil

Enchanter49 wrote:
Martin33: Cool!

Pavke: I meant using some of the custom levels, not create them.

why not?
many people have already played most of custom levels published on goofans.com, let's do something new!
something like WoG Far Lands.

1337cool wrote:
There should be a planet where WOGCorp set up a new factory. When your close to the end of the game you can go to a sandbox. Or something, yeah.

I'm making new sandbox level, we can put it into game when it's finished Tongue
and cool story!

I still don't think the idea of batterys and elemental planets would be a good idea...

We could still do the planet wogcorp thing though.

For three hours I have experimented with buttons and labels and finally I have created a button leading from the wog menu screen to chapter 1. I can change the directory once we have finished making the rest of it.

The button shows a recycle thingy with a 2 in the middle and if you move the mouse over it, it lights up and a popup will say "The Adventure Continues"

I can help with main menu and chapters look.
And make some levels

Martin33 wrote:
I can help with main menu and chapters look.
And make some levels

Okay good. Work on the main menu look (draw it in paint or something) and I will do all the technical stuff (create buttons and descriptions)

I have already created the button link from the beginning menu screen to chapter 1 that says "2" with a hand pointing at it. when moving the mouse overt it, a context will appear above it saying "The Adventure Continues". This new button links to chapter 1, but I can change it to the new menu screen once we create it.

Okay work on that menu screen image and I will work on experimenting things such as adding new levels through dragging and dropping, changing preference bin files, and changing and adding text to the game.

So i'll make main menu for 1337cool's story
And I can also make it in WoG editor if you like to Smile

How about we make a bunch of planets and each planet can be like a chapter...

...and one of them will be the moon base for wogcorp sandbox level!

Yes, I meaned this by saying "main menu for 1337cool's story" Laughing out loud
So.. I'm starting drawing it now Smile

I don't yet have a plot for a WoG2, but I do have the ideas for the very beginning.

WoG 2 begins at the end of the Epilogue, adding more levels so the Epilogue extends to become a full-fledged Chapter 5. The very beginning consists of a level called "World of Goo II", in which it is revealed the goo-balls are NOT extinct, and a few goo-balls survived the explosion of the Corporation. I need some help coming up with further plot, any more suggestions are encouraged!

But nothing with space or anything like that. I want a plot that is entertaining, but ultimately touching, like in the WoG1, and the Sign Painter's revealings in the very last level.

"It was amazing: I felt a sudden earthquake, before feeling a gradually growing lightness. I was drifting higher and higher, watching in awe. I saw before me the skeletons of all the dead of my once-proud genus, of every species, of every island. I could

MethanalCHO wrote:
I don't yet have a plot for a WoG2, but I do have the ideas for the very beginning.

WoG 2 begins at the end of the Epilogue, adding more levels so the Epilogue extends to become a full-fledged Chapter 5. The very beginning consists of a level called "World of Goo II", in which it is revealed the goo-balls are NOT extinct, and a few goo-balls survived the explosion of the Corporation. I need some help coming up with further plot, any more suggestions are encouraged!

But nothing with space or anything like that. I want a plot that is entertaining, but ultimately touching, like in the WoG1, and the Sign Painter's revealings in the very last level.

Truly a marvel what you just said! I love it!

I was only thinking of space because it would be all about expanding to the rest of the universe of goo!

so what chapters will be there in game, because i don't know what is to draw in main menu! Laughing out loud

I want to be in this, too. I'm not bad with photoshop, and I made a quick image with the ideas that you had here:

But there's only "WoG2 Welcome to another planet".

Martin33 wrote:
But there's only "WoG2 Welcome to another planet".

That's because I did it in 5 mins before breakfast. I'm spending longer on a more creative one.

Hey im in too BUT don't expect everything to be good because i'm still figuring out the bugs on my first goomod

Translation: I could do some pictures

My profile of awesomeness | Me on skype: pokelucas2000 | My drop | Me on...umm....I forgot Tongue Laughing out loud

Cool! Thanks to everyone for helping out! Everyone send me an email at clericman@yahoo.com to organize your part in this. If anyone else wants to help, we need it!

PS to mrharryrules: That logo in the video wasn't bad, especially the changing colors! I like it!

ok so what would u like me to draw?

GIMP is a little confusing...

My profile of awesomeness | Me on skype: pokelucas2000 | My drop | Me on...umm....I forgot Tongue Laughing out loud

I was thiking perhaps you could not quite create the game completely based on my story because I would like to do a solo project in the future. However, you can still use some if you wish!

The last of the goo balls didn't seem to notice the sign painter was typing in my signature.

IS THERE A 2D GIRL? NO THERE IS NOT! Evil

1337cool wrote:
I was thiking perhaps you could not quite create the game completely based on my story because I would like to do a solo project in the future. However, you can still use some if you wish!

Yeah that's fine because I didn't really think that the ice planet, battery planet, fire planet, etc. were very original...or good. No offense intended.

Here is the official project website URL: http://www.worldofgoo2.co.nr/

I have been working on this website for a few days now.

Sweet website!
I just wanted to tell you that I'm a little too busy to help out, but you can use any of my levels in the mod if you want to. Looks like this will be a really cool mod/game when you all are finished!Laughing out loud

Enchanter49 - I sent you an email few days ago.
And I think we should make a forum for WoG 2, it would be easier to communicate there.

Okay I can make a forum on the website! Should there be a required password? So that if someone isn't helping out, they can't see it before it comes out!

Thanks, but I didn't get any email...? Send another to clericman@yahoo.com

yes!
password on emails.

and email sent again.

I just found out how hard and annoying it is to use gimp,the hard way...

Can i be a script maker instead???

What do you mean by making scripts?

EDIT: What would the scripts be for?