Idea for WoG 2

477 replies [Last post]

i meant the storyline for wog2/wog3

My profile of awesomeness | Me on skype: pokelucas2000 | My drop | Me on...umm....I forgot Tongue Laughing out loud

I'm in. I can edit some balls.xml.bin files and I can make a few graphics.
I made a a goomod a wile ago and recently uploaded it. It looks like a star and maybe we could use it for the space traveling part. Laughing out loud

so, Enchanter49, have you got an email from me?

To GooMaster2000: Oh That sounds good! That will help a lot! I thought you meant programming scripts...oh wow Wink

To DeSatyr: Thanks that sounds good. I got your email about it and congratulations, you're on the team! That godly gooballs thing looks pretty cool. I saw it yesterday on the home page under "Latest Mods". I also saw the video on it.

To Martin33: I found your email. It was marked as spam. I'm not sure how it got there. I removed it so there shouldn't be any more problems...

Ok, so when do we start?

Now...perhaps? I sent everyone the first newsletter so check your email.

cool, i replied

im confused and its in the reply i sent

My profile of awesomeness | Me on skype: pokelucas2000 | My drop | Me on...umm....I forgot Tongue Laughing out loud

Okay I replied back.

DeSatyr wrote:
Ok, so when do we start?

We start now

WoG2 Shall Prevail!

thankx Enchanter

btw how often are you gunna send the newsletter?

I think that newtseller won't be needed, we've got a forum! Laughing out loud

Yay!

Website looks sweet Smile

The last of the goo balls didn't seem to notice the sign painter was typing in my signature.

IS THERE A 2D GIRL? NO THERE IS NOT! Evil

i know

back to WoG Time For Real, i translated the hungrean to englesh though google and it said:

2GB of free storage space for all
Foreign-frameset and pages is prohibited.
If this still frame, a page is stored on our server, please replace the "frameset" or. "Here" Members "src" set relative links.
For example: "http://oldalam.extra.hu/konyvtar/frame1.html" -> "/ konyvtar/frame1.html"

I dont get it...

Enchanter49, i tested MON4EVR's levels, like you said to in the newsletter(the only one i completed was the forest Tongue )and i thought up something... How about the epilouge can be consisted of MoM4evr's levels(and a few other hard levels that i found in the level addins section), and we could name it EPILOUGE, The best of the best?

EDIT: The only one we cant use is the shuttle one

and also goo bowling could be a minigame

EG: on the main menu screen, there's a little astoroid in the distance, and it has one of those "level orbs". when yr mouse hovers over it, it sais: Goobowling, and then leads to the levl

hey ive been talking with floating fish and weve come up with chapters 1-4!

Chapter 1

Some gooballs crawl up from underground (The godly gooballs could be used because the some of the balls would be bioluminescent) onto the remains of the World of Goo Corp and decide to rebuild.

They build a spaceship and travel to another planet (Escape from Shuttle Alpha is a usable level here)

Chapter 2

This planet has very different gooballs (perhaps the purple and green goomods).

Their species are dying and they decide to go back to the planet from the original game.

But then an earthquake occurs before they get back to the ship, and they all get sucked underground

Chapter 3

The gooballs find ancient species with different properties not even the alien gooballs knew existed. So they eventually build their way up to the spaceship and go home. Once there, they find that the humans have taken the new WoGC over, and then they have to blow it from the inside.

Chapter 4

This chapter takes place inside New WoGC, and there would be new traps and mechanisms. Then they get to the power source of the entire factory and the alien gooballs sacrifice themselves to overload the source and free the gooballs.

Credit to FloatingFish88

those are some good ideas, I'll put a few changes in my next post

WoG2 Shall Prevail!

Ml08180, I need your email address if you're going to help out. Send me an email: clericman@yahoo.com

Also, the website is awesome now! http://www.worldofgoo2.co.nr/

If you do use Shuttle Alpha, then you should change it a bit- one, it's hard, and if it's a last level of the chapter then you won't be able to skip it. Two, you need to change the sign painter's sign for the story. Goobowling as a mini-game, that sounds awsome. As for the epilogue thing, maybe on the epilogue we have story related but in a small area in the side of the epilogue there's a box saying "Best of the best" and it has some of the best levels "The Forest, Jingle Balls etc" but if the whole epilogue was the best levels that wouldn't be as fun. I like the idea of using levels from here and new ones, it's pretty fun.

The last of the goo balls didn't seem to notice the sign painter was typing in my signature.

1337cool wrote:
If you do use Shuttle Alpha, then you should change it a bit- one, it's hard, and if it's a last level of the chapter then you won't be able to skip it. Two, you need to change the sign painter's sign for the story. Goobowling as a mini-game, that sounds awsome. As for the epilogue thing, maybe on the epilogue we have story related but in a small area in the side of the epilogue there's a box saying "Best of the best" and it has some of the best levels "The Forest, Jingle Balls etc" but if the whole epilogue was the best levels that wouldn't be as fun. I like the idea of using levels from here and new ones, it's pretty fun.

Good planning! I think we SHOULDN'T make world of goo 2 an epilogue because chapter 5 of the original game is already called: Epilogue, End of the world

@1337cool: ok, but i never said shuttle alpha was going to be the last level of chapter 1...I'll contact MOM4evr and tell him to make it easier

@Enchanter49: so u mean a full fledged chapter 5 and possibly (drum roll)................chapter 6??

GooMaster2000 wrote:
so u mean a full fledged chapter 5 and possibly (drum roll)................chapter 6??

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was saying that we cannot name the sequel "Epilogue" because that's the name of chapter 5 in the original game!

The sequal won't be named Epilogue. The Epilogue in the original game is called Epilogue because it's not a whole chapter, it's an Epilogue. It's not Chapter 5, it's the Epilogue. Although it is the 5th chapter, you got me there, but the last chapter in original is the Epilogue, End of the World. And we could make an epilogue, but I think we should put more levels in to make Chapter 5. Now I'm confusing myself.

GooMaster2000: How do you want me to make "Escape from Shuttle Alpha" easier? I think it is a little long myself. The artwork needs a bit of a rework as well... what theme should I make for in the new version?

And let me know what the new signposts should say, too.Smile

Escape the shuttle alpha is'nt that hard.Only artwork needs editing,it looks like toilet paper.

Crazeh man!

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

I kinda liked the artwork of Escape from Shuttle Alpha. Nothing fancy, but hey. Shock

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

Well, I was in a hurry designing that artwork. Let me see if I can churn up something that looks better.Smile

Enchanter: *slaps forehead* NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!! i never said that wog2 was goin g to be an epilouge!!!!!

hint: thats why it has chapters

PPS: sent first chapters newsletter, check your inboxes.