Idea for WoG 2

477 replies [Last post]

I think all of your Ideas R cool as.

Thx Tacoman

My profile of awesomeness | Me on skype: pokelucas2000 | My drop | Me on...umm....I forgot Tongue Laughing out loud

*slaps forehead* It looks good so far! Wink

thx

My profile of awesomeness | Me on skype: pokelucas2000 | My drop | Me on...umm....I forgot Tongue Laughing out loud

Okay, I'm working on a few levels I'd like to pitch for your WOG 2 game. I'm making some in the Information Superhighway-like green style. Could these fit in, or would it be better if I made the artwork in normal colors?

When I'm done them, should I email them to Enchanter49, or someone else?

By the way, I was poking around in your new WOG 2 forum and saw that 1337cool had an idea of self-building balls that build against you. Great idea! I started work on a level that implements this yesterday (after toying around with ball properties) and I made this Pilot-like ball with three strands instead of one. Implemented correctly, I think it is possible to make a level with balls that build against you (though not intelligently). This is great, because I was at a loss as to what level to make next...

Have I created more levels than anyone else on this site? I dunno. Anyway, I won't have internet access from now until early next year, so see you guys later!Smile

wow! that would be a very interesting gooball! whenever it touches a strand it auto attatches like pilot!
Ill try making a goomad of that(just the ball, not a level, as I cant get wogeditor to work)
ooh! and what if they had the grumpy=true!
or the grumpy=true
unatatchable=true(dont actually remember that variable name)
and they were invincible like bone goo's!
there could be many combination of these!
wow!

98% of the teen population believes those "98% of ... if you are one of the 2% who don't copy this into your sig" sigs. copy and paste this into your sig if you are one of the 2% who don't believe them.
-madaco

@Mom4EVR: Sorry to see you go!

@madaco: good luck making that goomod!

madaco wrote:
wow! that would be a very interesting gooball! whenever it touches a strand it auto attatches like pilot!
Ill try making a goomad of that(just the ball, not a level, as I cant get wogeditor to work)
ooh! and what if they had the grumpy=true!
or the grumpy=true
unatatchable=true(dont actually remember that variable name)
and they were invincible like bone goo's!
there could be many combination of these!
wow!

Grumpy = True means that the gooball can NOT attach to other gooballs. It's set to True on the balloon. Every other ball has it on false though.

oh is that bad?

GooMaster2000 wrote:
oh is that bad?

No, but it would be fun to take a balloon goo and modify it so grumpy="false"...

Let me explain. Goo-Ball B can attach to Goo-Ball A. If Goo-Ball B has grumpy="false", then Goo-Ball C can attach to Goo-Ball A & B. However, if Goo-Ball B has grumpy="true", then Goo-Ball C can only attach to Goo-Ball A, not B.

"It was amazing: I felt a sudden earthquake, before feeling a gradually growing lightness. I was drifting higher and higher, watching in awe. I saw before me the skeletons of all the dead of my once-proud genus, of every species, of every island. I could

Ok I understand now Laughing out loud

If the ball has grumpy="false" it can't attach to anything. There are only few of these, like Beauty/Ugly and theirs products, common black... if you set grumpy="false" to others they will become useless...

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

*found that info in another thread*

Back on topic, the Chapters newsletter might be late...

Back to the other subject...

"Grumpy = False" means that the gooball CAN attach to other balls. "Grumpy = True" means that it can NOT attach to the SAME gooball species. I learned this from studying and experimenting with the balloon. If you make the balloon's grumpy equal true then you will be able to attach balloons to other balloons! It will also allow other gooballs to connect as a structure to balloons.

oh

so how close are you to finishing the next chapter newsletter?

Enchanter49 wrote:

"Grumpy = False" means that the gooball CAN attach to other balls. "Grumpy = True" means that it can NOT attach to the SAME gooball species. I learned this from studying and experimenting with the balloon. If you make the balloon's grumpy equal true then you will be able to attach balloons to other balloons! It will also allow other gooballs to connect as a structure to balloons.

Oh yes, your are right, my bad. Smile

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Enchanter: possibly in 2-4 days...

GooMaster2000 wrote:
Enchanter: possibly in 2-4 days...

Cool!

Pavke wrote:
Enchanter49 wrote:

Oh yes, your are right, my bad. Smile

LOL

Correction: TODAY

GooMaster2000 wrote:
Correction: TODAY

even cooler

sent. CHECK INBOXES!!!!

And also artists, you should be doing some artwork

I'll be here time to time, I'll respond faster if you contact me at Masonlogan1@gmail.com

WoG2 Shall Prevail!

ok

Wow, you changed your signature!

Personally, I deleted mine because it didn't seem to add anything that could help. My name was already posted on the left along with my picture. I notice how a lot of people use it to post something funny or ridiculous. Some people imitate the Sign Painter or 2D Boy. Go figure.

GooMaster2000 wrote:
sent. CHECK INBOXES!!!!

And also artists, you should be doing some artwork

I've got two ideas for main menu, but...
check your mail, goomaster. Tongue

I've been working on some levels, I've run into two problems though

I need to know how to enter in an original background because I was going to attempt to make a completely new background for a level

and can someone tell me how to alter the apperance of gooballs? I'm really confused about how to do it

WoG2 Shall Prevail!

Ml08180 wrote:
I've been working on some levels, I've run into two problems though

I need to know how to enter in an original background because I was going to attempt to make a completely new background for a level

and can someone tell me how to alter the apperance of gooballs? I'm really confused about how to do it

1st Problem: To insert a new background, you can just insert it (.png files only) into the level by adding it to some level folder and showing the path to it. I would just move it into the level folder for the level you're working on, and then click "Update Resources" in WoG Editor and it should come up as a resource.

2nd Problem: You can't alter the appearance of gooballs just for a level. You have to either replace the images for the gooballs in their file folder, or just create a new ball type by duplicating a gooball folder and naming it something else. You would also have to decrypt the ball xml files and change the names in there too.

EDIT: Nice picture!

@Enchanter: I somewhat mimiced MethanialCEO...

MI08180: what enchanter said Tongue

Martin33: Ok Ill check it