Idea for WoG 2

477 replies [Last post]

Ah, that makes more sense. Smile
Martin33: it is easy to make a goomod file for me too, but I toyed with Goomaker when the first beta version came out, and found it to be even easier. Laughing out loud

The point of GooMaker was to be able to make a mod without much struggle. I know that it's really easy already, but GooMaker allows users to actually create the mod without having to know a little XML or zip extensions.

PS I'm open to new ideas for v0.8, so please give feedback! I'm thinking about enabling an auto-update function with the next version so that when it opens it can tell you when an update is available.

Cool! Sounds like a good idea!
I googled about creating .zip files, and found some information on creating them in C++ (but you would have to pay to get the code examples). There should be something somewhere on the internet about doing this for free.
If not, do you know anything about calling other programs from Visual Basic? If another program was used for creating the actual .goomod file (And the information was passed to it in command-line parameters), you could just call this program from GooMaker. (WinRAR might even have this capability.) From there, you could (hopefully) just use some method to rename the file from .zip to .goomod.

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

WinRAR does support command-line operation, but as I said earlier, 7-zip does this as well, has a dedicated command-line-only version and is free.
In addition to offering a real library for application internal use, of course... Smile

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

Ah! That might be worth checking into, Enchater49!

EDIT: why are we talking about this here? This is supposed to be the WOG 2 forum!Smile

youre right!

My profile of awesomeness | Me on skype: pokelucas2000 | My drop | Me on...umm....I forgot Tongue Laughing out loud

Anyway, guys, How's WOG 2 coming along?

WoG 2 is coming along alright I guess. Some of us are hard into working and some people have not done a single thing they said at the beginning! Martin33 created the graphics for Chapter 2. He still has to recreate his Chapter 1 sketch and we'll be done with the first step! I mixed a loop theme song in ogg format to maybe add to the new title screen. I'm not sure if anybody else likes it. The email I sent out with the newest version didn't get any replies. We're still working hard on everthing else and will post more on worldofgoo2.co.nr when we get somewhere.

Great!

ill check my email

My profile of awesomeness | Me on skype: pokelucas2000 | My drop | Me on...umm....I forgot Tongue Laughing out loud

Enchanter49: I've sent you an email with my latest levels and another with the new icon ideas for GooMaker. (Did you get either? If not, I'll send them again.) In one, I mentioned that I created some .ogg songs that I offered to send to you if you were interested.
There are some .ogg songs in the .goomod I sent you as well that you are free to use anywhere you like.
Keep plugging along! Smile

Yeah I got them. The icons for GooMaker that you made are basically just slightly different from each other...I think I'll just keep my current one or make a new one...

BTW I would love to know if there are any more songs available! If you could send me them, I might add them to the mod!

cool!

Okay! I'll send you the songs (when I have the chance!).

Tongue

WoW LOL

(I am NOT talking about world of warcraft)

I hope that was a cry of delight? (like I said in my email, that one song is really freaky...)

Laughing out loud

Enchanter49: Did you like the music?

The time has finally come...

Chapter #4 has arrived to your inboxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet! Keep up the great work!
Enchanter49: I thought of another idea for a level the other day (hopefully I can get around to making it!) and was wondering if you would rather have me work on making more music, or levels. I know you guys are working on some levels, but I wasn't certain what ratio of new to old (goofans) levels you wanted. Making music for me takes up a bit less time. (Provided you like the music I have made thus far, of course!) Let me know what I should concentrate on more for you, and I'll try to help. The songs I sent you were fairly short (~45 seconds or so each). Should I make them longer? I guess it depends on the levels they end up in! Smile

So, I've been watching this topic for a while and was wondering what all you guys have done so far.

OVER 9000

Quite a few things

To see a complete list of achievements, scroll up to my earlier post about what we have done. I made it out to MOM4Evr.

so now what do i do?

If you want, you can keep working with us by making a few levels to match your story plan. But if you think you've done enough by thinking of ideas for us, then you're welcome to quit. You have definitely made the official WoG2 credit list already.

I wanr to make some funny goo sounds!Like "Holy maccaroni!" "Spaghety" "Gorgenshmorgen".Like WoG2 with profanity pack already in it!
I really can immitate other things,like dogs,some persons.

Crazeh man!

ME TOO!!! But I was kind of thinking one of them would make noises on their opinions of where you put them.

Okay Joris, if you can actually create something good for this, then email me. If I put it in the game, then I will acknowledge you for credit.

Enchanter49 (first post) wrote:

If you want, you can keep working with us by making a few levels to match your story plan.

If you mean sketches, then i would be glad to. But if you don't my IQ of using WOG editor is 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 so i cant do that