Idea for WoG 2

477 replies [Last post]

Hey, I think I have a really good Idea for a WoG 2 game.

It could start out the player sees a large tower of goo building towards a pipe, and they could be building inside the remains of the WoG corp. building. When the player gets to the top the goo should be sucked into a pipe and then the game should cut to movie and the player would see the pipe area zoom out and see a UFO-like object and it should fly off. Then a few seconds later, the player sees a new planet and the ufo fly's over to an area and lands to a spot and the ufo opens up and the goo drop out. then the goo look around and see that they are surrounded by sleeping goo which wake up. Then the level ends. The whole plotline could go that the world was another world covered with goo but one day the goo all fell asleep after being undisturbed by people for years. There could be new goo types like ones that float and some that move around by themselves and at the end of the first island the player finds an abandoned WoG corp. building. As the game progresses it goes into details about how the World they are on was the original home of goo balls and that the a goo ball left the planet years ago and landed on the WoG from the first game and multiplied to form all the goo on that planet to save the goo species for all falling asleep and that the WoG Corp. had left the company with all the people and that's when the goo started to fall asleep because there were no people to move them. At the end of the game the player should discover that there was more than one goo to escape the planet when the goos were going into sleep and this could lead to a possible WoG 3.

I think this is a good idea and I'd really like it if people would add on to this and maybe this could be made into the new game.

WoG2 Shall Prevail!

That is a good idea!

cool

wow... you are good at thinking up stuff like that! now I would pay DOUBLE for a game like that!

- I'm A Banana!

let 2d boy to think what they are going to put in world of goo 2 Smile i hope 2d boy are going to make world of goo 2 better then world of goo 1 Smile

World of goo is the best game EVAR !

world of goo 2 is not gona be released.

Crazeh man!

WHY ? WTF ?!
can they at least make a dlc ?
then i hope that 2d boy makes a game better then WOG Smile

2D BOY IS THE BEST !

2dBoy said that it's almost imposible to make a game better then WOG to them.They'r gona release their next game not soon.Now the only things they will do is some ideas,but not games.

Crazeh man!

that sux

yea i know.

Crazeh man!

afew people could work together to make it...

Wink Smile WORLD OF GOO IS COOL!!!! Smile Wink

Thanks for everyone who's given support for the idea of a WoG 2 and for all of you who have said that 2D boy isn't making a WoG 2, if we try to persuede them then they might make a new one. It's like saying that the brittish told the americans they were allowed to have a country of their own and people didn't even try to get away from them, those people tried to get thier rights and had to work for it so if we want a WoG 2 then we're going to have to try!

WoG2 Shall Prevail!

yeah your right.But how R we going to ask him? Tired

why dont we just make a fan WoG 2?

I've started work on a level based of your idea M108180... Smile

That's illegal.We will break the copyrigths.We have to ask 2DBoy for copyrigths.

Crazeh man!

oh... I didn't know that...
Sad

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

Well, of course it would be illegal to release a commercial product called "World of Goo 2" (or similar), but a fan-made, free-of-charge "World of Goo 2" in the form of for example one big .goomod for WoG (not standalone) should not be a problem. Just like all the addons that are already available and which 2D Boy seems to be totally ok with.

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

We could submit a lot of fan-made levels to 2D Boy following the storyline. We could use this forum to discuss ideas for the course of the game, people could then submit levels based on the ideas, or just random segments to throw in, and finally someone could put it all together to form World of Goo 2.

That way, instead of levels being thought up by one or two people, everyone can get a chance to get a level into the game. If 2D Boy thinks it's good enough, maybe they'll release it. If not, then we could always go with it being a big .goomod

We wouldn't release it and violate the copyrights, and we would create a really awesome game.

Cool...

time to go undelete my WoG2 level...
Smile Smile

Let's get started.

Fan made WoG 2 has already been made. Smile

See http://goofans.com/forum/world-of-goo/modding/603 for goofan.com topic

See http://2dboy.com/forum/index.php/topic,1320.0.html for official forum topic

and see http://wog-tfr.3d.lc/ for the DOWNLOAD

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Oh...okay, how about fanmade WoG 3? Or WoG 1 1/2?

Pavke, How you getting on with the goomod version of Real Time?

Imagination is more important than knowledge - Einstein

Well, not so good.
I've been busy lately, i failed my second year and now I have to listen to it again, so I don't have much time.
Second, the Time for Real is big, I don't think I can upload many MB on goofans.
I was thinking to make a goomod for each level but then the mod will lost its story, in the mod even the starting animation was changed and chapter look and much more.
I'll post here at goofans or on official forum as soon as I find the time to do it.

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

Sucks that you failed the year, sorry for you. Sad
Is there anything I can do to help with Time for Real? Wanted to start goomodding for a while now, but am seriously lacking ideas.
Regardless of whether there's something for me to do, you (and XDboy) are of course still welcome to use my FTP after we discuss the details.

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

There isn't anything for you yet because I don't really have a plan what to do. Smile You can do what you think it's good, you have my permission. Smile

Sorry to hear you have to retake. Real Time Goo is a big load. I'm stuck on version 1 level 5, can't break up beauty.

Imagination is more important than knowledge - Einstein

Yeah sorry about that...but the download link on the website for WoG 2 doesn't work. It says something in Hungarian and won't show the download link...?

Same thing with me, Enchanter49. It's annoying.

EDIT: Um, WoG:Time for Real could be considered one of several World of Goo 2's. So, maybe when World of Goo saved the world at the end of game 1, the creators of the Gooverse (2D boy) didn't work on the gooverse anymore. But, because it couldn't just disapeer, a dimensional rift appeared, and each dimension is some fan's game of what happens next.

WoG:Far Lands is a WOG sequal, but we don't consider IT Wog2.

Once I learn how to Goomod, I'll try to make my own sequal.

The last of the goo balls didn't seem to notice the sign painter was typing in my signature.

IS THERE A 2D GIRL? NO THERE IS NOT! Evil

HEY!THAT'S NOT A BAD IDEA!!!

How about we try to do something both interesting AND simple! We could try to compile all of the custom levels (or at least the good ones) and compile them into a goomod that basically replaces a lot of the game with new pictures, sign posts, animations, gooballs, and levels!!! It would probably take a few months to finish, with a hell of a lot of lagging for Gootool, but it might be worth it!

Here is an interesting fact:

There is twice as many fan made levels as the original ones! Wink

So you could make WoG 2 and WoG 3!