Idea for WoG 2

477 replies [Last post]

how do I decrypt an .xml file and where is the resorce folder located?

WoG2 Shall Prevail!

My profile of awesomeness | Me on skype: pokelucas2000 | My drop | Me on...umm....I forgot Tongue Laughing out loud

his is just for making one...

Here:

To decrypt an xml (bin) file, goto Gootool and go to the "Advanced" tab at the top. In the drop-down menu, go to "Decrypt" and click on the first option which is "Decrypt .bin file (Windows/Linux)" and select the xml file within the res/balls/ballname in your world of goo directory.

The resource folder is located in the world of goo directory. "res/balls/(ballname)"

Due to not being able to use wogeditor, I cant test something for myself; if a pilot ball falls onto a pilot ball chain without being launched does it connect? I hope so, as this would allow for some cool levels. could someone please test this for me?
If its easy to do so that is.

98% of the teen population believes those "98% of ... if you are one of the 2% who don't copy this into your sig" sigs. copy and paste this into your sig if you are one of the 2% who don't believe them.
-madaco

Testing it now. I'll let you know in a little while.

Okay, it does. (yes)

BTW why can't you use WoG Editor?

well, I have it downloaded, and I have python installed(have the command line for it open right now) I really dont know why it doesn't work... (I am on vista)I have tried re downloading it multiple times...
thanks for testing that for me!

98% of the teen population believes those "98% of ... if you are one of the 2% who don't copy this into your sig" sigs. copy and paste this into your sig if you are one of the 2% who don't believe them.
-madaco

madaco wrote:
well, I have it downloaded, and I have python installed(have the command line for it open right now) I really dont know why it doesn't work... (I am on vista)I have tried re downloading it multiple times...
thanks for testing that for me!

Weird...my friend has Vista and it works fine...

What exactly isn't working? Does it save? Is there a compatibility issue? Does it start at all?

madaco wrote:
Due to not being able to use wogeditor, I cant test something for myself; if a pilot ball falls onto a pilot ball chain without being launched does it connect? I hope so, as this would allow for some cool levels. could someone please test this for me?
If its easy to do so that is.

You already have a level about that: http://goofans.com/download/level/mastermind

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

it doesen't start at all. it opens the console, shows blank for a few seconds, then shows text and before I can read it, closes.
thanks, I hadnt seen that level.

-madaco

okay then!

Pavke, are you good at drawing in GIMP or photoshop? We need someone to draw the chapter screens.

Email if you're interested. clericman@yahoo.com

Hi, guys! I'm back again, at least for a few minutes (this dialup internet is slow...)
I made four new levels (working on a fifth) in the Information Superhighway green colors and am trying to think of new ideas for levels...
The idea of 3-strand pilots seemed to work really well, and the level with those in it is pretty hard (I had to change a few things so even I could beat it!Smile)
And I gave the artwork in Shuttle Alpha a rework and it looks pretty sweet now.

For music, I found this sweet (But very complicated...) free program called Psycle that can make some great-sounding music. It came with three demo songs that I converted to .ogg, and these sound way better than anything I've made so far!

Enchanter49: do you want me to email you the .goomod when I'm done?

Anyway, back to making levels!Laughing out loud

Enchanter49 wrote:
okay then!

Pavke, are you good at drawing in GIMP or photoshop? We need someone to draw the chapter screens.

photoshop - tried it once
GIMP - never seen it Smile
Paint.NET - am using it but I'm not good. I can make some good pictures but it takes my 3 whole days to do it

Sorry Enchanter49 but really don't have time now, with my exams and some of my mods. If I come up with something good I'll let you know.

My Gooish profile | Videos on YouTube | My WOG Mods

Pavke wrote:
Enchanter49 wrote:
okay then!

photoshop - tried it once
GIMP - never seen it Smile
Paint.NET - am using it but I'm not good. I can make some good pictures but it takes my 3 whole days to do it

Sorry Enchanter49 but really don't have time now, with my exams and some of my mods. If I come up with something good I'll let you know.

Okay, sorry for being a pest! Cool

MOM4Evr wrote:

Enchanter49: do you want me to email you the .goomod when I'm done?

Yes, thank you.

EDIT: I already have you on my list of credits for Level Donation.

sorry ive been off its ben hard to get on internet

My profile of awesomeness | Me on skype: pokelucas2000 | My drop | Me on...umm....I forgot Tongue Laughing out loud

Well it's okay.

Chapter 3 will be late...

I'll try today to design chapter 1 and 2 screens on paper, i don't have much time today to draw it on computer, I'll do it maybe tomorrow or later.

If you'r looking for help,let me know...

I'm good at PAINT.net,learned to use GIMP(IT'S AWESOME!!!),i have Adobe flash CS4(very cool for making shiny colors) and an ammateur progammer.

Programming languages:Small basic. Smile

Crazeh man!

Seb
Addin Author

I'd love to join this big WoG 2 Project! (Couldn't get picture into it). Got an idea! (I'm Pretty crap at this but I'll come up with ideas anyway)
Island one: The Goo Filled Clouds: The Goo Balls get beamed down from the UFO and are in the highest clouds, and the goo balls need to build DOWN to the ground where they find a new WoG Corp.
Island two: The Left Endless Fields: After coming down on the ground the goo balls find them selfs in the middle of nowhere, in the levels you need to build big bridges from one side of a giant gap to the other side.
Island three: The Goo Forest: Here you just build normaly in the first 2-3 levels then you meet a new species of goo, tree goo which can attach to trees and help the goo balls getting up over the trees to see where to go.
Island four: The Libary: You know that that chapter four in the first WoG is the INFOMATION highway, then The Libary could be that info thing, the goo balls go into a book (film) then you play with goo balls which are in fks. fairy tales!
Island five: The Goopedia: This could be the book they travel in with goo information, in the last level it's as easy as going up, but there is a sign painter that tells you everything about the first planet (The one your playing on in WoG 2) and how they got to the second planet (The one you play in Wog 1).

Also you need to be able to play WoG 1 in Wog 2 with your previous profiles...

Anyone who would like the picture then e-mail me your e-mail. My e-mail is elleholm-sebastian@hotmail.com

The last of the goo balls didn't seem to notice that Seb was planning being in the WoG 2 project...

I'm glad to know that WoG 2 is going to be worked on and probably going to become a reality. Well, I'm developing a few new types of gooballs, but my computer is giving me issues when I try to create them. If I send the files to someone, can they put it into goomod format so I can test it? I already have one, it's a simple one I made just to test

WoG2 Shall Prevail!

Seb - if you've got any idea, post it on http://goo2forums.webs.com/

can I post up my CZF's of goomod data there, some forums don't let you put those up

WoG2 Shall Prevail!

post up what?

He meant his files. No, sorry. Just send the files to me because we will be creating one great goomod instead of many little ones. Send me the goomods in zip format so that I can get to them. I'll add them to the goo2 goomod and test it out in a simple level.

My email: clericman@yahoo.com

PS: Seb, if you're going to be a part of this, then please add yourself on the goo2forums by either going through the direct link here: goo2forums.webs.com or by navigating through here: worldofgoo2.co.nr

really good idea

perkins wrote:
really good idea

Welcome to Goofans! Do you mean the entire World of Goo 2 Project is a good idea?

Or are you just talking about the first post on this topic?

enchanter: i thought I was in charge of chapters!!!!????

GooMaster2000 wrote:
enchanter: i thought I was in charge of chapters!!!!????

You are!