How can I set the OCD values?

9 replies [Last post]

I`m almost done with my first level. But got some question.
Is it possible to start a loop-sound after a geometry is broken?
Is it possible to make a fixed cameramove at a certain point of the level?
And how can I set the OCD?

you set the ocd in the addin.xml of the goomod. http://goofans.com/developers/addin-file-format
the other things are not possible and the camera will move to the starting point at the end, i think.

| Fly Her to the Moon (with Antigravity Goo) | Infinitive Windows Freezer (unlimited Goo playground) |

XDboy is correct, the OCD requirement is actually set on the island instead of the level, so you can't set an OCD via wogeditor. You set it through the addin.xml so it gets merged into the island XML when installed.

You can trigger a sound effect by creating an invisible ball type that makes a noise when it bursts, attaching it to an anchor, then having a ballbuster geometry hinged to your other geometry that pops this ball.

See ObserveratoryObservationStation for some very clever tricks along these lines. In particular, note that the GlobBusterL geometry is hinged to the island, so that it rises when the main island rises. Above it is an invisible UtilGooGlobberMom ball (id 0 ) held in place by being attached to an Anchor (id 2). When the GlobBusterL rises and bursts the UtilGooGlobberMom, it makes the SOUND_BALL_UTILGOOGLOBBERMOM_POP sound of the island rising.

Another interesting trick here (irrelevant to your question) is that the same UtilGooGlobberMom contains 10 UtilGooGlobber balls, which are also invisible but have a particle effect that creates the "dripping goo" effect on the rising island. This effect is mirrored on the right hand side by GlobBusterR which bursts a UtilGooGlobberMomQuiet instead. This is identical except it makes the SOUND_GLOBAL_EARTHQUAKE sound of an earthquake instead (it's not quiet at all but maybe was in the past).

Playing this level with visualdebug on would be interesting.

I am unaware of an way to trigger a camera move during the level.

-davidc

XDboy wrote:
the camera will move to the starting point at the end, i think.

Actually the camera moves to the position defined on the endpos/endzoom attributes of the <camera> at the end - this can be completely different to any of the <poi>s used at the level start (most levels use this to zoom out and show the whole level at the end).

ah, right, sorry.

| Fly Her to the Moon (with Antigravity Goo) | Infinitive Windows Freezer (unlimited Goo playground) |

Thank you. That was just what I was looking for.
Now I just need to find out how to create my own gooball.

deleted spam! -Pavke

OCD=Obsessive Completion Distinction Criteria

Crazeh man!

thB
thB's picture
ContributorAddin AuthorKleptomaniacToo Much Free TimeSerious OCD

OCD also means "Obsessive Compulsive Disorder". That's actually the original term which the WoG "OCD" is derived from in the first place.
In a way I feel that wugnflyson is a spammer. The post just seems too generic, uses unusual formatting and, most importantly, contains a link. Any thoughts?

my gooey profile | my video channel | author of Hazardous Environment

thB wrote:
OCD also means "Obsessive Compulsive Disorder". That's actually the original term which the WoG "OCD" is derived from in the first place.
In a way I feel that wugnflyson is a spammer. The post just seems too generic, uses unusual formatting and, most importantly, contains a link. Any thoughts?

I agree, it is a spammer.

Imagination is more important than knowledge - Einstein