Making a World of Goo Modifier

53 replies [Last post]

I'm going to make a World of Goo Modifier to help people to make new levels more easily. I am making it with C# from my old level & ball batch processing cheating program.
I think it can do following things:

• Multi-language support;
  • Level and ball batch processing; (Regular Expressions, XML Processing and so on)
  • Multiple kinds of balls testing at the same time;
  • Materials processing and testing;
  • Profile editing and backup management;
  • Config editing;
  • Island editing;
  • Console debugging;
  • AES-encrypted file (.bin) editing;

Then what do you think? Any suggestions?

P.S. If you don't like cheating, I can remove them. Tongue

Nice, but that's a lot of features. I'm supposing these will gradually be added into new versions over time?

Also, not to offend, but I'm simply curious as to how experienced you are with C#. We've had discussions about programming before but I don't remember you taking part.

Anyway, good luck!

Still learning. A big part of the modifier listed above has been finished in the past, but it doesn't support English so I didn't publish it here. You can still get the latest Simplified Chinese version here in my website or there in another website.
I didn't take part in the discussion because my English isn't good enough and I do not have enough time to read all your posts about programming. Tongue

By the way, you can get the Console Debugger and Profile Renamer in English I made with C#.

No cheating, but changing profile name and such is ok.

You sure you have the knowledge to do all this?

Don't question him, that's mean...

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

I didn't mean to be mean. I hope it didn't come across as such. I was just wondering if he's really up to it, this big a project.

Yes it is sure a big project. Luckily I have some codes I write before so I can use it to save my time. And I am going to redesign the UI. It won't be finished soon.

Hm. I'm not expecting it soon, but others might, since you announced it.

No problem though, I'm sure. Looks like it'll be a great tool once it's finished!

Okay... I'm sure working slowly because I have less free time especially weekdays.

If I finish it, I will create a English language pack. Can you help me to improve those English texts and add other language packs for me at that time? Smile

EDIT: I want to emphasize that World of Goo Modifier isn't a new project, it's the 35th version of my old World of Goo Cheat project.

Sure, but translate them first and we'll give it as much sense as we can.

I'd be glad to create a Dutch translation for it once it's done Smile

You speak Dutch?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Yeah, although not as good as English. I learnt it during my childhood, but living in NZ I had more practice at English. However we still speak Dutch at home and with relatives, so I'm pretty good at it. I also used to read Dutch comics Tongue

With translation, some complex or uncommon words may require Google Translate assistance, but things like syntax and all I can handle.

I've spoken to people like TM13 and Joris in Skype. I was very surprised to hear how fluent you people are, for growing up in places where english isn't the primary language! It's really quite amazing, I'd call it.

American children aren't required to take language courses until high school (ages 14-18).

My grandpa (or opa) is dutch, but he taught my dad and aunts and uncles one word: Koe staart. (literaly cow's tail) he taught me a little more when i was little like je bent een varken (you are a pig) and rrrouse (roll the r's and it rymes with mouse. it means go away.) and something like altahop (stop or something).
i.e. nothing beneficial Tongue

-_-

@Red: I didn't have to learn other languages in primary school, I don't even have to now, my parents taught me. Or did TM13 and Joris learn it that way?

@Kirdneh: I dunno about "rrrouse" and "altahop", although those could be old-ish ones. Oh, and "koe staart" is two words, not one Tongue

@Red, Really? I had to start German at 11, and Italian at 13 (already bilingual French/English to start with).

I needed to take 2 consecutive years of a language in high school, I chose Latin. Smile

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

I did 1 year of Latin when I was 12... Don't remember a thing!

AP, yep. Well, it's not "required" but it's good if you want to get into most colleges, and taking 4 years would be good for most MOST colleges. Tongue

At my school, we take a whole year's course in a semester's time, allowing us to take 8 classes a year instead of the usual 6.

puggsoy wrote:
@Red: I didn't have to learn other languages in primary school, I don't even have to now, my parents taught me. Or did TM13 and Joris learn it that way?

@Kirdneh: I dunno about "rrrouse" and "altahop", although those could be old-ish ones. Oh, and "koe staart" is two words, not one Tongue

i don't know how to write them, only how to pronounce them. and koe staart is two words, what are you talking about?

-_-

Kirdneh: I think it was that you said "he taught us one word".

Red: I agree with that.

Yeah, you said "he taught us one word". Obviously I get that you meant "one phrase", just thought to mention it.

I am still making it these days. These features below were done.

• Multi-language support; (language packs will be made at last)
  • Level batch processing; (Regular Expressions, XML Processing and so on) (this feature became a bit useless when we shouldn't cheat)
  • Config editing;
  • Console debugging;
  • AES-encrypted file (.bin) editing;
  • Main UI refactoring;
  • Theme improving;

Tired

Nice. Looks like it's progressing steadily.

You can make cheating features yourself too!

Indeed. Hence your badge. Wink

puggsoy wrote:
Yeah, you said "he taught us one word". Obviously I get that you meant "one phrase", just thought to mention it.

kinda old post, but i felt like replying.
what i said was that he taught my dad and his bothers and sisters one word, and me about 5.

-_-

Regex level processing would be amazing! So far I've been decrypting by hand, then loading into Dreamweaver, then processing, then saving, then reencrypting, and it still can't do all the stuff I want.

cool project, by the way. i am willing to test it when it comes out.

-_-