How to kill the BombSticky and Pokey in Woogle?

15 replies [Last post]

Is there any thing that can kill the BombSticky and Pokey and don't kill any other ball? Help me! I'm working on a new level.

Setting tag to detaching,mostlydeadly,deadly might work.

But that might kill other goo balls such as Ivy.

Well, it's impossible that some platforms kill bombs and doesn't kill ivies - by the way Pokey is NOT invincible so you can kill it as other go balls. If you want to make like bombs are dieing and ivies not then make new goo balls like copy ivy and put in True to invincible and save it. The bomb is invincible so you may want to copy the bomb either and make a bomb that is not invincible by deleting True from invincible section. You could call your ivie and bomb like:

Ivy invincible

Bomb sticky non invincible

The two specific balls you mentioned will bring up a slight problem--if you have a mostlydeadly wall, a sticky bomb or Pokey will always survive if it attempts to stick to the wall.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

You mean that pokeys don't die on a mostly deadly walls if they are sticky and if pokey is attached? But that's not possible and illogical. Well I'll check.

It is possible and logical, since the tag is called "mostly" deadly.

The simple answer to jackchen's question is no, "you can't do that". The complicated answer is "well, maybe goomatz or someone else could find some extremely clever way to make this work, using utility balls and complex geometry".

(By the way, I moved this to Mods and Hacks.)

Albino Pokey wrote:
The two specific balls you mentioned will bring up a slight problem--if you have a mostlydeadly wall, a sticky bomb or Pokey will always survive if it attempts to stick to the wall.

That's weird. I know about this, but when I trie to recreate it it doesn't work. The pokey got killed by mostlydeadly.
edit: Regarding to this I would do what Wiki suggested and clone the BombSticky and Ivy and change their invulnerable settings.

edit2: I found the right refence page http://goofans.com/developers/game-file-formats/level-scenexml/tag-attri...

Quote:

* Notes about compositegeom objects and tags

Only the tag applied to the compgeom itself has any effect. Tags applied to child items are ignored.
The game doesn't process the deadly tag 100% correctly on compositegeom objects. This gets a bit complicated...

When a compgeom is tagged as deadly it does not kill "sticky" things.
StickyBombs & AnchorStickys never die. Pokeys will die if they just fall into it, but survive if they are trying to attach.

Tagging as mostlydeadly instead will always kill Pokeys and most other balls, but won't kill Boney, Bombs and Anchors.

Tagging it as both, deadly,mostlydeadly, makes it kill everything except StickyAnchors and StickyBombs.

The Solution! In addition to the deadly or mostlydeadly tags, also add detaching. This makes a compositegeom act exactly the same as any other geometry.. deadly kills everything!

goomatz wrote:
edit: Regarding to this I would do what Wiki suggested and clone the BombSticky and Ivy and change their invulnerable settings.

That's actually a good suggestion (didn't see Wiki's original one), but it's a lot of gooball editing for a single level, especially if you've got heaps of different types of gooballs. Still, can't think of a better one.

Pokey is not an invincible ball so it will die on the mostly deadly walls but not if that what momo said that a ball is invincible or invulnerable only when detaching but it is harder with pokeys cause that putrple ball does not detach so easily and it moves the structure once detached - basically you could call this hard detaching style for a flexibility - flexible goo balls... Hmmm...

I think what puggsoy may be confusing this with, is that Pokeys can attach to any geometry, including those with no contacts. However, they are not invulnerable, whether they are in an attached or detached state (basically what wiki said), well any state besides dragging and detaching. To solve your problem, I suggest creating immune versions of all gooballs you use, along with a vulnerable version of the sticky bomb.

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

I thought that's what Wiki and I said.

Whatever. That's the solution, anyway.

I didn't fully read through ^^" Let's just say I concluded.

Check out my SoundCloud, MomoSoundWaves

I don't read long posts either as only if they are in new paragraphs Wink

First, You need to make the following gooballs:
1.BombStickyVurnerable
2.IvyInvicible
Then go to WooGLE and make a Geometry tagged mostlydeadly

Ignore Wiki because he stoles my idea Smile

Why do you say that? It's not your idea by the way - you have never said it. By the way jackhen2345 is going to make these goos if he needs this stuff.