I am noob, and need some help.

17 replies [Last post]

Hello everybody,
I'm trying to make my own level with WoGLE, and after long time reading and learning how to do that, i have made a very simple level, just to try. The problem is that i cant play the level directly from the editor (yes, i have the patch 1.3); so I decided to make a goomod file, and play it with GooTool.
I have created the *.xml files from the original *.bin; and put them into the correct directorys (i think).
When i try to play it, GooTool send me an error saying: "No manifest found; is it an addin?"
Well, i have read that this error may be due to a non-correct addin.xml file in the root goomod file; but i am sure this file is ok.

Could someone help me?

Thank you!

PD: i found a similar post, but its closed from a year ago, so i had to create this.

mmkay...
When GooTool complains about no manifest file being found, it means that either the addin.xml isn't formatted correctly (as in, XML syntax errors), or the goomod itself isn't formatted correctly (as in, you are zipping a directory that contains your addin.xml and your compile/merge/override folders instead of selecting the addin.xml and folders and zipping them as-is.
Assuming you're on Windows, and you have your .goomod named .zip, if you open it in Windows Explorer and you see a folder inside the goomod, and inside that is the addin.xml, you're not doing it right. You need the addin.xml and compile/override/merge folders in the root folder of your goomod.

Am I making sense here? This is one thing I'm terrible at explaining. Tongue

I'm also surprised you aren't able to play the level directly from WooGLE, since it's pretty important to be able to test a level as you're making it several times. What's the problem there? Is it just launching the game, like before the 1.3 patch, or is it having some kind of error?

EDIT: Come to think of it, why aren't you clicking the "make goomod" button in WooGLE and testing that way?

Has anything appeared on WooGLE's console (the DOS window which appears behind the normal one)? If any text showed up when you hit Save and Play that would help us.

(By the way, your first language is Spanish, am I right?)

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

Ok, MOM4Ever, u were right!
My mistake was i zipped a directory, as you said. Now its fixed and I can play my level. Thank you very much.

About playing level from WooGLE, the game just launch normally when i press Save and Play button; like before the 1.3 patch.

Didnt know how to create a goomod file from WooGLE; now i know how; thanks! However i have tried to create the goomod and sends me an error saying:

"There are unresolved issues with the Addin info.
You must fix these before you can produce a .goomod

Addin: Has 4 child element(Drunk with issue."

@Albino Pokey; Nothing appears on WooGLE's console window... the game just launch normally.

Thank you guys!!!

By the way... I am Spanish, Albino Pokey xD
Nice intuition....

EDIT: No problem! Forgot entering the Addin info like Author, name, id, etc.
Thanks again!

Ok, if it's behaving like before the 1.3 patch, it probably means you're running WooGLE off an install that doesn't have the 1.3 patch on it. Double-check you're running it off the right place, and reinstall the 1.3 patch if needed. I had trouble installing the 1.3 patch the first time I tried.

The "Addin" tab on the right pane has fields you need to fill in before making a goomod. Basically everything that you'd have in your addin.xml, like author, level subtitle, etc. EDIT: Nvm, you got it.

I'd advise installing the 1.3 patch onto your original WoG installation, if you haven't done that. Otherwise when GooTool copies the files from your original WoG, patched files will become un-patched, and so you'll effectively be running WooGLE on an un-patched WoG.

Hey thank you everybody! in this moment all my problems are gone, so I have to say thanks for your replys! I'm working on a couple levels called: "Psicodelia" and "Evolution". I'll upload them when finished!

Coolio. Can't wait, and good luck in your level design! Laughing out loud

Yes, I look forward to seeing your levels! (I just guessed that you spoke Spanish because you used P.D. instead of P.S. in your original post)

Should we put that into the FAQ somewhere, about installing the patch on both the original and custom directories?

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

You should only have to install it in the original dir... I thought it was kind of obvious, but I reckon not. I dunno.

If you have already created a custom directory, a patch on the original won't change the custom one. GooTool only refreshes certain files. The executable and others aren't included.

Oh, ok. I also always install the patch before I install GooTool or WooGLE, which makes it much easier. Tongue

Yeah, installing it before creating your custom directory in the first place should be done. That should kind of be in the GooTool instructions actually, there's really no reason not to (apart from having no internet connection, in which case you couldn't download GooTool in the first place).

Hello everybody again!
Well, i'm working on some levels, but right now they are just... "ideas" and lot of own-made scene resources.
I want to ask you some of my doubts:

1-I have read the image for part:body can be chosen randomly from a list of images
"If multiple images given in a comma-separated list then one is selected at random for each ball."
My question: Has this comma-separated list a maxim number of images you can use for one single body?

2-Is it possible to make a popable ball (like beauty) that pops into other balls (like BeautyProduct)being these child balls popable too, into a 3rd generation balls?

Thank you!

1- As far as I know there is no limit of images.
2- Yes it is, you can make as many childs within childs you want as long you're not building a short circuit.

Thanks Goomatz! I forgot to ask another question, related to the question 1:
Is it possible to do the same (a comma-separated list of images for the body) in case of another ball part, like lips?

It should be possible, but I haven't tested it or heard of any mods doing that. I'd say give it a go.

Yes, it is. It's used in the Ivy balls for the leaves, for example.

EDIT: You'll also need a good popdelay for the nested mom balls, since the children might hit the ballbuster right away.