WooGLE Patch Alpha!

31 replies [Last post]

I recently (exactly a few hours) made a research about the source leaked/published here.
It has been two years since the latest version of WooGLE was published...
Until now! I MADE A PATCH OF IT! AND I'M GOING TO MAKE MORE! Laughing out loud Download it here!

What can I do with this patch:

• Edit island1-5, islandUi, MapWorldView DIRECTLY!
  • Set the NEW nodrag tag!
  • Attach strands to Beauty and so on.

How to install this patch:

Download it and copy it to your WooGLE installation directory and overwrite the old one WITHOUT UNZIPPING.

Suggestions are welcome!

====== following contents are developers only ======

Here are my steps:

1. Install Python 2.6.6 (Windows x86 here).
  2. Make some changes in Woogle/src/metawog.py.
  3. Click Start Menu - Python 2.6 - Python (command line) and enter following commands to compile the code.
    Python 2.6.6 (r266:84297, Aug 24 2010, 18:46:32) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on
    win32
    Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
    >>> import py_compile
    >>> py_compile.compile(r'{SOURCE DIRECTORY}\Woogle\src\metawog.py')
    >>>
  4. Zip the generated metawog.pyc into WOGCorp/WoGEditor/Library.zip and it will overwrite the old one.
  5. Start WOGCorp/WoGEditor/wogeditor.exe.

Awesome!

YES! YES! YES! OH MY GOD (pun intended) THIS IS AWESOME!

Thank you!

I have one feature request, though...

Can you add the tag break= with a textbox after it somehow? So that geometry requires a certain force to break?

EDIT: Do you want me to put this on the WooGLE download page? I think the whole page still has ZIP permissions.

EDIT2: Oh no, nodrag isn't showing up. What versions does this work with?

EDIT3: Wow, my shortcut was pointing to my old RC2 directory. Ignore the last edit.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

It's an alpha version so I'm not going to put this on the WooGLE download page now. And I have to make make-woogle-win.bat work first before I can do anything more complex. Thanks. Wink

EDIT1: I'm using the newest version. It works well for me. Did you restart the program after you copied the library.zip?

EDIT2: Okay. I'm glad to hear that works for you. Wink

EDIT3: It seems the .bat works! I will continue my research next weekend.

Flip yes. Awesome, Mygod. Laughing out loud

I found a bug.
With this patch you can't decrypt .bin files from context menu.

Awesome, I'll have to check this out sometime, although I might wait until it gets beyond alpha since I'm not making levels at the moment anyway.

By the way I second AP's suggestion about giving break= a textbox, that way we can have complex explosion systems without having to edit the xmls directly.

So you mean now I can make chapters and MWV without zipping and unzipping the goomods - sounds pretty cool - I'll download it as soon as I can.

I've had that bug since the RC's started. Just use an old copy of wogfile in another directory.

Another Planet finally has an official release! Download chapters 1 through 3 here! Thank you for waiting so long while I kept starting over.

@wiki: No, you'll still have to zip/unzip goomods, it'll just make editing islands and MapWorldView a lot easier.

Mmm... I think I will try to make a break attribute instead because a textbox inside a listbox looks weird. Tongue

It look like we have a new DaB on our hands, great work.

Wait I don't get it - do I have to replace that library, or do I have to add the stuff to the old library from this patch? Cuz I put the patch in and I could not attack Beauty - I got a feeling this is some kind of spam...

As MyGod said, you need to replace the library.zip in the WooGLE folder with this one WITHOUT UNZIPPING. Just replace the old one entirely.
And if that doesn't work, it doesn't mean it's spam or anything. It is in alpha, it's not full-proof, so you shouldn't be surprised if there are bugs, or even crashes.

Hm. Could you allow us to type into the tag box, then, as well as having the menu on a double-click?

I think he meant making break an attribute by itself. To be honest that's actually kind of weird, and inconsistent with the XML. Plus you'd have to make it not add the break tag at all if a value is omitted, which may be somewhat difficult to add the existing code.

I'd suggest making a numeric stepper or such in the listbox. Or you could make a small textbox, which when you click on it makes a large pop-up textbox (like when editing sign text).

I think making break attribute is much easier because I don't know much about Python so changing the UI would be difficult.
But making break attribute (maybe I should use item) is easier. For example, there is a center attribute in WooGLE, but in XML, it is @x and @y. So I'm splitting @tag into tag and break.

For example:

tag: deadly
break: 1
=>
tag="deadly,break=1"

By the way, when you set tag to nodrag, other tags will be ignored. You should make a copy of the geometry and set the other tags.

well that's complicated Puzzled

by the way nice job Smile

All my addin | I love you World of Goo!

I see. That works.

I don't get it - since I installed this "Library it shows me this:

http://imageshack.us/a/img823/8072/alerte.jpg

So I have a feeling that this is a spam or something, so what do you have to say about that, Mygod?

I don't know what he says but I say it looks unrelated. If you simply replaced the library.zip in your WooGLE directory, the object containing the virus ("C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\nsopt.dll") wasn't put there from MyGod's patch. The patch doesn't even contain a single .dll file.

@Mygod: Oh OK, that would work. But you should remember that when no value is put in for the break attribute then it shouldn't be added as a tag.

The default could also just be 9999 or something. Tongue

puggsoy wrote:
I don't know what he says but I say it looks unrelated. If you simply replaced the library.zip in your WooGLE directory, the object containing the virus ("C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\nsopt.dll") wasn't put there from MyGod's patch. The patch doesn't even contain a single .dll file.
Thanks for helping me explain that and I won't forget that. Smile

P.S. Have someone installed it successfully?

I have, it's awesome. I'm using NoDrag now in APc3, so you're part of the reason it's taking so long to come out. I keep having level ideas! Wink

Nice to hear that.
GOOD NEWS: I recompiled the source code successfully. This means I am now able to publish new versions instead of publishing patches. Wink

I thought the exe file is a JIT compiler but I'm wrong because I found there're some codes included in the exe.
To compile the source, you need to download and install py2exe, PyQt (Windows x86) and PyCrypto (2.3 Windows x86) first and copy MSVCP90.dll from C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.6161_none_50934f2e... or something like that to Python26/DLLs where you have installed the Python. After all, double click on the make-util-win.bat and copy files.win.xml to the Woogle/src/dist directory and you can launch the new version now!

An interesting fact: there is no plugins directory in the compiled directory. I think DaB has modified the source after he published RC3 and I don't know what he has modified. Sad

EDIT 1: Screenshot 1 & Screenshot 2. What do you think of the content in the about box? Tongue

EDIT 2: I removed the walkable tag because it is not implemented in the game and allowed invalid values in tag which is allowed and ignored in the game so that you can debug the original levels with non-exist tags such as kindasticky and walkable

Looks nice! Smile

I hope I can publish a new version or another patch (if I can't find out how to make a installation program like DaB did) before 10/07/2012 when my holiday ends. Maybe I will name it v0.78 RC4. You will be able to create multi-language new levels if the font file is made. (e.g. I installed a patch like this and then made a new level in both English and Chinese DIRECTLY) Wink
These country codes are supported now:

ad, ae, af, ag, ai, al, am, an, ao, ar, as, at, au, aw, ax, az, ba, bb, bd, be, bf, bg, 
bh, bi, bj, bm, bn, bo, br, bs, bt, bv, bw, by, bz, ca, cc, cd, cf, cg, ch, ci, ck, cl, 
cm, cn, co, cr, cu, cv, cx, cy, cz, de, dj, dk, dm, do, ec, ee, eg, eh, er, es, et, eu, 
fi, fj, fk, fm, fo, fr, ga, gb, gd, ge, gf, gg, gh, gi, gl, gm, gn, gp, gq, gr, gs, gt, 
gu, gw, gy, hk, hn, hr, ht, hu, ie, il, im, in, io, iq, ir, is, it, je, jm, jo, jp, ke, 
kg, kh, ki, km, kn, kp, kr, kw, ky, kz, la, lb, lc, li, lk, lr, ls, lt, lu, lv, ly, ma, 
mc, md, mg, mh, mk, ml, mm, mn, mo, mp, mq, mr, ms, mt, mu, mv, mw, mx, my, mz, na, nc, 
ne, nf, ng, ni, nl, no, np, nr, nu, nz, om, pa, pe, pf, pg, ph, pk, pl, pm, pn, pr, ps, 
pt, pw, py, qa, re, ro, ru, rw, sa, sb, sc, sd, se, sg, sh, si, sj, sk, sl, sm, sn, so, 
sr, st, sv, sy, sz, tc, td, tf, tg, th, tj, tk, tl, tm, tn, to, tr, tt, tv, tw, tz, ua, 
ug, um, us, uy, uz, va, vc, ve, vg, vi, vn, vu, wf, ws, ye, yt, za, zm, zw
These country codes are from the directory flags. id and xx are still not supported and the reason is clear. Wink
By the way, what about adding a profanity code? Tongue
People putting their World of Goo in a directory which has some non-ASCII characters will not receive the UnicodeEncodeError again.
And I'm still working on the other complex features like break=? tag currently.

EDIT 1: MADE IT! Ha ha ha! Laughing out loud
EDIT 2: I found there is an anchor attribute for SceneLayers (added by Daft as Brush maybe) but it doesn't seem to work.

sounds awesome, YAY for the new DaB Tongue

All my addin | I love you World of Goo!

You can create an installation program using NSIS, which I assume DaB used. You might need to source code of the installer though, since it does stuff like registry values and context menus.

Thx. I will try that.

If you're on Windows, hit Windows-R and type "iexpress", then press Enter.